T Whiting Excavations

T whiting

T whiting

Well-known member
It's clay ground and properly shitty on the top, I was supprised how well it stayed on top those floaty boots really do keep it up on the surface.
 
Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
Yep but I don't think you can put insulation under a floor you want to run potato lifters on 😯
I think you do get high pressure insulation board for under heavy loaded concrete floors. Can't remember what it's called mind 🤔
 
Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Well-known member
Yep but I don't think you can put insulation under a floor you want to run potato lifters on 😯
I very much doubt they'll even notice it's heated then..heat will get sucked up by the cold base. Insanity. Must have money to burn litterally. Unless...it's a RHI "deal" 🤔
 
F

fred

Well-known member
I very much doubt they'll even notice it's heated then..heat will get sucked up by the cold base. Insanity. Must have money to burn litterally. Unless...it's a RHI "deal" 🤔


underfloor heating is very efficient especially when powered by a ground source heat pump, can get COP values of 8 meaning £1 of electric gives you £8 of heat. For the minimal cost of 100mm celotex that would at least double the efficiency its crazy.

Got to love the RHI free farmer money!!!
 
T whiting

T whiting

Well-known member
A kingspan klargester put in today at a barn conversion
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20201207_101333_8.jpg
    IMG_20201207_101333_8.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_20201207_104428_9.jpg
    IMG_20201207_104428_9.jpg
    355.1 KB · Views: 279
  • received_3679302055470009.jpeg
    received_3679302055470009.jpeg
    42.8 KB · Views: 240
  • received_379332303130260.jpeg
    received_379332303130260.jpeg
    130.6 KB · Views: 261
  • received_413067153068613.jpeg
    received_413067153068613.jpeg
    114.9 KB · Views: 291
T whiting

T whiting

Well-known member
very nice hole Thomas :love: ... nice digging too BTLs (y):cool:

Yes it was supposed to be running sand (why I was there the person who's coming to do all the drainage has a 6t but didn't want to tackle the tank) but is was nothing but nice hard clay all the way we were just peeking into the sand as we got to depth

They are going to have to keep that chicken locked away from next Monday because of bird flu...

Are there restrictions for birds coming in?

Apparently they went to pick so e stuff up from another farm and found it in there trailer when they got home it gets everywhere it was in the kitchen fitters van and apparently it found its way onto the top lift of the scaffold when the barn was scaffolded
 
diggerjones

diggerjones

Well-known member
Did i spy preformed concrete under the tank. Was it the same as gas tanks.
I've got to do one in the near future.
 
T whiting

T whiting

Well-known member
Yes it was a bit agricultural it was a piece of push panel to save getting ready mix tbh I'm not sure it was much easier than doing it with concrete as I ended up knocking up a couple of cube with the duck to cap the tank with to keep the BCO happy.

Biggest secret I've found to doing these tanks is to dig the hole fast get some conc or the panel in then get the tank in and start ballasting it with a hosepipe if you mess about and try to do it over a couple of days that's when you run into problems
 
Furniss

Furniss

Well-known member
Yes it was a bit agricultural it was a piece of push panel to save getting ready mix tbh I'm not sure it was much easier than doing it with concrete as I ended up knocking up a couple of cube with the duck to cap the tank with to keep the BCO happy.

Biggest secret I've found to doing these tanks is to dig the hole fast get some conc or the panel in then get the tank in and start ballasting it with a hosepipe if you mess about and try to do it over a couple of days that's when you run into problems
I take 2 x 1000l IBC and fill them up on job beforehand - then we aren't waiting for hosepipe.
 
T whiting

T whiting

Well-known member
Yes that's how we did this one farmer had a sprayer tank so it would fill a ibc in a couple of minutes I normally find that if the water pressure is good the water is coming out the outlet by the time it's backfilled
 
T whiting

T whiting

Well-known member
I've got myself a trailer sorted for behind the duck I just need to give it a coat of shiny tish.

Any recommendations for paint @V8Druid ?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20201209_120111_1.jpg
    IMG_20201209_120111_1.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 241
diggerjones

diggerjones

Well-known member
I will have to see what bc says about concrete under it.
 
Top