T Whiting Excavations

Furniss

Furniss

Just have to make sure the hinge point is central and high enough a lorry turned up the other day with a home made replacement chute door and the had put the bolt on the door in the in the wrong place would open fine but wouldn't close unless you where really gentle ended up with tarmac everywhere
Im not saying they couldn’t be improved upon but they arent bad .. bit of wd before we start and they drop down under their own weight

T whiting

T whiting

I've got the trailer tailgate reskinned chutes added and painted, I've also added a number plate holder under the body so the plate doesn't get damaged, and added the triangles
IMG_20210116_121924_resize_72.jpg
IMG_20210116_122049_resize_40.jpg
IMG_20210130_144901_resize_54.jpg

I didn't have anything to tow it with so I thought I'd put it behind the fergie as I had it out to give it a run

IMG_20210130_153520_resize_69.jpg

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
I've got the trailer tailgate reskinned chutes added and painted, I've also added a number plate holder under the body so the plate doesn't get damaged, and added the triangles
View attachment 21514View attachment 21515View attachment 21516

I didn't have anything to tow it with so I thought I'd put it behind the fergie as I had it out to give it a run

View attachment 21517
I'd put some lynch pins in the tip pins, instead of the R clips ... lil' buggers have a tendency to escape and wouldn't wanna lose a hinge pin at the wrong moment Thomas :oops::(
1612046262281.png

looking good though Boyo

T whiting

T whiting

Yea they had split pins in but they all got cut /drilled to get them out and the R clips were all I had to hand that would fit it was those or a bent 6" nail to keep it on the agricultural theme 😂😂, I've been debating what to replace them with.

GazCro

GazCro

Yea they had split pins in but they all got cut /drilled to get them out and the R clips were all I had to hand that would fit it was those or a bent 6" nail to keep it on the agricultural theme 😂😂, I've been debating what to replace them with.
Split pins

T whiting

T whiting

Is there room to get an M6 bolt with nyloc nut, or double nutted with a handy bash on the end of the threads to stop them coming off.
No there pretty tight, that was my first thought I wasn't looking at them being easily removable as I don't intend taking the body off again

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
Depending on the hole you have, a suitably sized roll pin might work. Or another good one is a keeper plate to stop it coming out and to hold it from turning in the chassis lugs so you get the benefit of the wider hinge blocks wearing on the pin instead of the thinner chassis lugs. You might find when the weight is on it'll move where there is least resistance.

GazCro

GazCro

Depending on the hole you have, a suitably sized roll pin might work. Or another good one is a keeper plate to stop it coming out and to hold it from turning in the chassis lugs so you get the benefit of the wider hinge blocks wearing on the pin instead of the thinner chassis lugs. You might find when the weight is on it'll move where there is least resistance.
How old is the trailer? Been perfectly fine up to now as it was and likely with v little sight of a grease gun. I think we're over thinking things just get some split pins back in ffs.

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
How old is the trailer? Been perfectly fine up to now as it was and likely with v little sight of a grease gun. I think we're over thinking things just get some split pins back in ffs.
Absolutely, but failing to prepare is just another way of preparing to fail. Have you learnt nothing from Rory 🤪

pettsy

pettsy

When I looked at it my first thought was a socket cap screw and nyloc nut.

doobin

doobin

Then s
No there pretty tight, that was my first thought I wasn't looking at them being easily removable as I don't intend taking the body off again
Then stick a washer over the pin end and weld it. Simples.

T whiting

T whiting

It was already there so I'm not going to change it the original nipples hadn't been annihilated by the previous owner but they were heavily pitted.....

T whiting

T whiting

😂 thanks I've painted all the bodywork on it and it's had a rebuild /pump it wants stripping for a transmission/engine paint but I cba at the minuite it could also do with the wiring going through and renewing. it's nearly 2 years since I last took it on a road run 😭 I did take it for a ride round the block last weekend though and remembered why it dosen't get used in the winter ❄️❄️

T whiting

T whiting

I've finally got the duck back with a shiny new piece of metal attached
IMG_20210321_174922.jpg

It's been a long time getting parts from germany the fitters had half a dozen machines sat waiting for parts from europe 😡😡

It also finally gets to get hitched to the trailer it seems to look ok for size the only problem I've come across is the ditcher doesn't fit across the trailer but tbh it's a little on the big size for the duck so once it's back earning I think I'll swap the bucket for a narrower one
IMG_20210320_142448.jpg
IMG_20210320_143458.jpg
received_151571756836543.jpeg
received_770870557189248.jpeg