What have i done ! New project tb 216R

Y

yanmarb03

Well-known member
Ok I have a few bits you can have, let you know when I get them together, ignition switch is one.
Top guy!!! Every month I go off roading down that way normally round Haslemere or alton four marks etc etc so can divert back that way after if that's good for you ? It's normally a Sunday afternoon if not can pop up Saturday morning
 
Mick-the-fitter

Mick-the-fitter

It’s what I do!
Top guy!!! Every month I go off roading down that way normally round Haslemere or alton four marks etc etc so can divert back that way after if that's good for you ? It's normally a Sunday afternoon if not can pop up Saturday morning
I am in Horsham every day, do you have an engine? Most parts other than the ignition are engine parts, I have a fuel filter assembly you can have too.
 
T

topkit

Well-known member
Mick the fitter do you have much to do with Searles then! I am originally from East Grinstead but now over near Tun Wells now.
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Mick the fitter do you have much to do with Searles then! I am originally from East Grinstead but now over near Tun Wells now.
would that be Tim Searle?
 
T

topkit

Well-known member
I only know them a Searles, I think it was Les Searle originally, they have or did have a fair amount of heavy equipment back in the 80's they had several CAT dozers, dumptrucks and Terex TS14's they also had a large field by the railway that was full of old plant from the 50's and 60's it was a real sight for any plant enthusiast.
 
Last edited:
S

Smiffy

Well-known member
I only know them a Searles, I think it was Les Searle originally, they have or did have a fair amount of heavy equipment back in the 80's they had several CAT dozers, dumptrucks and Terex TS14's they also had a large field by the railway that was full of old plant from the 50's and 60's it was a real sight for any plant enthusiast.

I remember going in Searles yard as a kid. My dad new them through the traction engines. It was an awesome site to ten year old. Acre upon acre of parked up kit dozers cranes scrapers everything you could imagine packed in like sardines and slowly being lost to the brambles.
Still go in there now occasionally for roudens and fth but all the old kit has long gone.
 
Y

yanmarb03

Well-known member
UPDATE

I met with mick a few weeks ago and got my box of parts which I'm most grateful for I have sourced a dipper tipping links H link and the big one a engine also dipper and bucket rams unfortunately I haven't been able to source a fuel tank I got quite a pleasant surprise of £216+vat for a full tank setup I was expecting alot higher than that !
 
Y

yanmarb03

Well-known member
Quick question guys I'm talking to a dealer about a wiring loom he's asked if I i need a 2 aux or 3 aux I'm only likely to be using a hammer if I get one so would a 2 be suitable?
 
Mick-the-fitter

Mick-the-fitter

It’s what I do!
Very unlikely that you would need a 3 aux, unless you are going to have a tilt bucket, and hammer, with hydraulic quick hitch, generally on a 216 you may have a manual or no hitch, and just hammer/auger circuit with tap!
 
Y

yanmarb03

Well-known member
Thank you mick I kinda guessed this but wanted to double check as it's a expensive mistake if it's wrong
 
Y

yanmarb03

Well-known member
The list gets longer!! Got most of the gunk off going to hire a hot pressure washer and give it a good clean up



Does anyone know where I can get like a spec list for what bolts are needed ? Length etc
 

Attachments

  • 20230129_141129.jpg
    20230129_141129.jpg
    358.4 KB · Views: 194
Top