Vinnys Ventures

S

Spurry

Active member
There is a specific shaped steel blade for the Evolution saw. I had one to chop up the old 3mm steel oil tank.
Worked OK to cut out some 6mm steel plate yesterday.
 
S

Spurry

Active member
No it's not, the tips are a differrent shape to ones I have. Your pic looks like a wood cutting blade but the actual tips have been altered in cross section.
Here's a couple of pix of mine, but I have to admit the saw is not the latest version.
20261004_140718.jpg
20261004_140735A.jpg
 
doobin

doobin

Well-known member
That’s one for stainless steel bud . The dark blue ones are steel . I’ve not seen one the same as spurrys one
Spurry’s one is the ‘basic’ one, more for cutting wood with nails etc, or small amounts of steel.

The blue one has the same teeth (negative rake) but more of them. For steel

Green is aluminium.

There are (or used to be) Chinese versions available. I have stocks of the 254mm version which fits my Makita battery saw. Evoloution blades are pretty pricey.
 
B

bobthebuilder

Well-known member
Had a load of panels ,50m insulation and tin both sides m,cut with petrol disc cutter with metal blade ,no probs
 
Vinpetrol

Vinpetrol

Well-known member
Had a load of panels ,50m insulation and tin both sides m,cut with petrol disc cutter with metal blade ,no probs
I looked into that but was advised againstit because for cold cut it needs to travel at a different speed or the filings stick to the panels and rust
 
Top