Share chat

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

Anyone got any oil shares? I'm on tullow for 26p average. Was hitting mid 50s the other week but don't know if there's bad news on horizon. My layman mind was equating low oil prices with a buying opportunity for oil shares. Not looked at if bp, shell and the like have performed the same?
I had some MEG energy which I got in July last year that a sold last month for a 60% gain when oil hit around $68 a barrel. Not sure what they are now but was happy to take the gain.

Reactions: Bob
J

Jimoz

Weird feeling the paper profit isn't it. You don't feel it's real till you bank it. I did it last year with pets at home doubled up got to over 10k then sold. Since then it's only gone higher, paid divis in the meantime and my cash has sat being eroded away by inflation.

I'm on about a double up now with tullow but not selling atm. I tried to buy oil etf through an investment platform but was not allowed because not a sophisticated investor. Even though oil was on the floor.

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

Weird feeling the paper profit isn't it. You don't feel it's real till you bank it. I did it last year with pets at home doubled up got to over 10k then sold. Since then it's only gone higher, paid divis in the meantime and my cash has sat being eroded away by inflation.

I'm on about a double up now with tullow but not selling atm. I tried to buy oil etf through an investment platform but was not allowed because not a sophisticated investor. Even though oil was on the floor.
I try to take profit if it has gone up then fallen back. As always it is down to your own circumstances. I have some that are down 50% but have still held on as I think the fundamental reason I got them is still there. I have quite a lot of gold miners that have fallen in line with the price of gold. Been topping up on some of those with the gains from others.