Share chat

L

Lynchy

How was 2020?
Great year for me shares wise,shares and sipp combined up 97%,year started badly,held on through march covid madness,really took off after eua re listed
Following on from emh,15 p this time last year,ended at 80p Friday,Znwd,a German lithium deposit,not as large as emh but even better located,Tesla gigafactory,vw,,Porsche,Bosch etc,currently around 12p mark,been buying that and Bmn vanadium deposit

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

How was 2020?
Great year for me shares wise,shares and sipp combined up 97%,year started badly,held on through march covid madness,really took off after eua re listed
Following on from emh,15 p this time last year,ended at 80p Friday,Znwd,a German lithium deposit,not as large as emh but even better located,Tesla gigafactory,vw,,Porsche,Bosch etc,currently around 12p mark,been buying that and Bmn vanadium deposit
Well done you. I started my monthly contributions into my portfolio in July and ended up 15% on New Year’s Eve. 2 of your recommendations GGP and EUA being in there. I looked at both EMH and ZNWD and thought I would add them at the end of this month but they look like someone stuck rocket fuel under them since December.

M

Monkeybusiness

I’ve dabbled with it since March, largely because of this thread and only with small-beer money. Following your tips has proven ridiculously successful Lynchy!....
I just need to work out when to sell stuff now as should have done well out of Zoom which I bought at £150 - they were well above £400 for a while (and I wrongly thought they could only continue to grow!) but are now down at £270ish. It is all a gamble at the end of the day!

Regy53

Regy53

Administrator
I’ve dabbled with it since March, largely because of this thread and only with small-beer money. Following your tips has proven ridiculously successful Lynchy!....
I just need to work out when to sell stuff now as should have done well out of Zoom which I bought at £150 - they were well above £400 for a while (and I wrongly thought they could only continue to grow!) but are now down at £270ish. It is all a gamble at the end of the day!
They may go back up, fundamental's of zoom were good at the start and you would of got the intake bounce then profit taking. With further lock downs across the globe.........

Bob

Bob

I have not done to bad in the last 12 months gone up 17.5 % was losing a bit on first lockdown when shares crashed only ones that have not recovered are Aviva which are down 13.9% so if it was not for them it it would have been over 20% for the year but I have got mine spread well and all over the world .Will have a bit of money shortly so will be looking at buying some more shares

J

Jimoz

Don't know about the LISA fund. It's the vanguard vls100 fund. I would presume up although would not have bet on it beginning of year. My punt on tullow has come good after averaging down, 1 buy at 55p a year or so ago, 1 at mid teens a few months ago. My break even is now 26p.
Bailing out or pets at home after I doubled my money looks like it was a bad idea. Particularly as I've sat on the cash.
Saga was the worst investment I ever made a few years ago probably down a couple of grand there now but considering bought 2500 big in percentages.
Overall have stopped dabbling now, only bought tullow as the easiest way for novice investor to bet on oil price is buy shares in an oil producer.

T whiting

T whiting

I wish I'd got into it 10yrs ago when I was talking to a tech mate about it

J

Jimoz

We all thought it had peaked few years ago weren't they 10000 gbp ea then? Think they're above that now

F

fred

now is still a good time to buy bitcoins, once the big funds are allowed to invest in them will sky rocket.

F

fred

dabbled a bit couple years ago. wish i had got more! They are saying 100k+ next year. who knows.

M

Monkeybusiness

now is still a good time to buy bitcoins, once the big funds are allowed to invest in them will sky rocket.
You’d need balls like watermelons to buy them IMO! Or a ridiculous amount of money you could afford to lose...

L

Lynchy

totally agree!

They have only gone 1 way though in the long term.
Disagree,seen them advertised on side of buses,saying,if bitcoins advertised on a bus isn't it time you bought?
There was a saying in the old days apparently,when the bell boy,elevator attendant,starts giving share tips,it's time to get out

F

fred

not a share tip as they not a share. They have 700 billion market cap at present.

A lot of big money in them now. Wouldnt put my house on them but a small chunk for sure.

J

Jimoz

Disagree,seen them advertised on side of buses,saying,if bitcoins advertised on a bus isn't it time you bought?
There was a saying in the old days apparently,when the bell boy,elevator attendant,starts giving share tips,it's time to get out

They said this at their last peak when every man and his dog was going on about them. How much higher are They now