Share chat

L

Lynchy

Ok bigger things in the world,but at the mo,
Ggp on the rise,Australian gold miner,with possible takeover by 20 billion co,whose land it's leased to drill on
Anyone interested in posting,maybe we can get bit cash,do your own research though

J

Jimoz

My few shares taken a hammering lately but I sold a bigun a few months ago. Kicked myself as it eventually went up another 25% but is now way below where I sold.

@Lynchy How do you bet on oil. I tried buying CRUD which from my limited understanding is a listing on lse which is bought and sold like a share but acts like etf. Halifax gace me a list of questions to answer before it would let me buy but decided I was too uniformed/thick. How the hell can oil now rise long term and what other ways to get on?

L

Lynchy

My few shares taken a hammering lately but I sold a bigun a few months ago. Kicked myself as it eventually went up another 25% but is now way below where I sold.

@Lynchy How do you bet on oil. I tried buying CRUD which from my limited understanding is a listing on lse which is bought and sold like a share but acts like etf. Halifax gace me a list of questions to answer before it would let me buy but decided I was too uniformed/thick. How the hell can oil now rise long term and what other ways to get on?
No idea on the oil mate,wouldn't go anywhere near it,rises in price,stop pumping,ships sit out at sea,unlikely to happen but because it's low the uneconomic producers at this price might just hold off?
Everything's having a hammering but ones I'm in on,were for a reason,no exposure to UK,n underlying business's till sound
Just waiting to see what EUA drops me,a bit or a lot ????

L

Lynchy

Emh,looking good today,only lithium miner in central Europe,n near proposed Tesla mega factory n VW,for ev battery's

Danny

Danny

Ive got some shares had some money spare and thought why not try it was worth £2.5k couple months ago worth like £1.5k now

L

Lynchy

Ive got some shares had some money spare and thought why not try it was worth £2.5k couple months ago worth like £1.5k now
Yeah,one account I've been as much as 40% down,what were the reasons for buying?
I'm in one that's been a nightmare,but starting to come good,RLD

Danny

Danny

Yeah,one account I've been as much as 40% down,what were the reasons for buying?
I'm in one that's been a nightmare,but starting to come good,RLD
Had some "spare" money that i didnt want to buy anything with work wise. But with this shut down ill be looking into it abit more now BAE was doing good and will return once this all disappears
RWI not so well.
Will take a look at GGP over the next couple of days

L

Lynchy

Rld starting to look interesting,buyer looking to accumulate shares n acquire shell co.for listing on AIM?

Regy53

Regy53

Administrator
I invested 10 k into trading forex last month.... ended up latched onto gold. It has taken up some time but nothing I diddnt have spare. Have more than doubled my money in that time...

L

Lynchy

I invested 10 k into trading forex last month.... ended up latched onto gold. It has taken up some time but nothing I diddnt have spare. Have more than doubled my money in that time...
Gold's in interesting situation at the mo,travel restrictions have fucked up the futures v physical prices in New York,London
Hoping ggp does 5x money

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
this is all WAAAAAAAAAY above my pay grade :oops: ........ that beats working @Regy53 (y):cool::cool:

Regy53

Regy53

Administrator
this is all WAAAAAAAAAY above my pay grade :oops: ........ that beats working @Regy53 (y):cool::cool:
Not going to lie, the more leverage you have aka money in your account the more you can earn... yesterday I did a quick sell on gbp jpy so selling pound against Japanese Yen, it lasted about 12 mins, I made £380 and if I had more balls and not taken profit could of been about £800 at the peak of the downward spiral before it started to rise. For that trade I leveraged about £700, so it basically uses my 700 to say the yen is going to drop, if it went up I could cash out at a small lose say £50, or I could wait and see what it does, you don’t put your whole balance down but if you put to much leverage and it went the other way you could indeed lose it all.
It is tempting to sell up close and use any money I have to trade .... the biggest problem is you can win and lose but ultimately you normally can get it right. If you could make 10 grand a month with just a mortgage ... jeez 🙄

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Not going to lie, the more leverage you have aka money in your account the more you can earn... yesterday I did a quick sell on gbp jpy so selling pound against Japanese Yen, it lasted about 12 mins, I made £380 and if I had more balls and not taken profit could of been about £800 at the peak of the downward spiral before it started to rise. For that trade I leveraged about £700, so it basically uses my 700 to say the yen is going to drop, if it went up I could cash out at a small lose say £50, or I could wait and see what it does, you don’t put your whole balance down but if you put to much leverage and it went the other way you could indeed lose it all.
It is tempting to sell up close and use any money I have to trade .... the biggest problem is you can win and lose but ultimately you normally can get it right. If you could make 10 grand a month with just a mortgage ... jeez 🙄
not going to lie ... I know sweet FA about it all, other than, it's a form of gambling and that's summat i have never been interested in ... yes very attractive returns... for big risk .... money's always been too hard earned and i've always looked after it carefully

J

Jimoz

I've had a go thinking I know something the market doesn't. Got lucky a few times and unlucky a few times. I try to just use a tracker fund now for a small nest egg for retirement.