Poxy Weather

Furniss

Furniss

We got it reasonably strong - just got electric back on after 2 days - thankfully no damage to our properties but plenty of destruction about.

Canal Navvy

Canal Navvy

The weather we've had here this year has got me wondering.Big fat clouds get blown up the Bristol channel turn right into Stroud and then pick a river valley to visit. When they get to the head of the valley they have to dump an awful lot of weight before they can go on to spoil someone's day up on the high ground. The floods that ensue are always the worst in living memory so it must be climate change.

I find it interesting that the five valleys are regarded as the seat of the industrial revolution and had dozens of watermills each and yet the flows I've seen in the ten years I've been here don't look sufficient.....
...they do now !!

It would seem reasonable to guess that all of those water mills were built there in the pre steam age because it was reliably wet, so what we are seeing is a return of historical weather 🤔

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

The weather we've had here this year has got me wondering.Big fat clouds get blown up the Bristol channel turn right into Stroud and then pick a river valley to visit. When they get to the head of the valley they have to dump an awful lot of weight before they can go on to spoil someone's day up on the high ground. The floods that ensue are always the worst in living memory so it must be climate change.

I find it interesting that the five valleys are regarded as the seat of the industrial revolution and had dozens of watermills each and yet the flows I've seen in the ten years I've been here don't look sufficient.....
...they do now !!

It would seem reasonable to guess that all of those water mills were built there in the pre steam age because it was reliably wet, so what we are seeing is a return of historical weather 🤔
Don’t talk rubbish. That doesn’t fit the climate change narrative!!
Clearly there was always enough water. Your problems now are over development and lack of maintenance. Just ask anyone who has flooded!!

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
aye...... been bloody wild here all night ...... opened the back door to a wall of leaves piled against it .... shut it quick and went round from t'other and cleared them all away ... still loads on the trees though, which is quite remarkable considering it's mid November ..... 'sposed to be a blue sky day, but there are sheets of rain blowing up the valley on a wild south westerly ... sit and do my treatment infusion for two hours and see what it's like then :rolleyes::unsure:
Fek fek fek fek

V8Druid

V8Druid

wetter than a wet thing
"wetter than an otters pocket" here today and this evening has been way worse ..... :oops::oops:
did get out for an hour 'bout 1.45 ..
'til I got pee-ed on, then dived inside a box to paint the ladder racks, off the 10 x 5 trailer (after a slight mod in the dry hour) ...
box is gonna stink tomorrow

William127

William127

ditto ... bloody weather ..... not what they forecast :mad::mad:
I cancelled yesterday's job, due to heavy rain at loading up time and a terrible forecast (ok, lack of enthusiasm did play a part 😆). Come 10am it was lovely all day ffs. Today it was OK till about 11, then just grim and nasty. Bears no relation to the forecast at all either day 😤
Tomorrow looks to be the best day of the week, and it needs to be to be for what I need to do🤞

V8Druid

V8Druid

I cancelled yesterday's job, due to heavy rain at loading up time and a terrible forecast (ok, lack of enthusiasm did play a part 😆). Come 10am it was lovely all day ffs. Today it was OK till about 11, then just grim and nasty. Bears no relation to the forecast at all either day 😤
Tomorrow looks to be the best day of the week, and it needs to be to be for what I need to do🤞
Friday looks reasonable too 'til 6-ish .. no sun though :( ..... says we're going to see some sun this afternoon - will believe it when I'm looking for me shades :rolleyes:

V8Druid

V8Druid

Garbage here until 1pm
gone 3pm 'fore the sun poked its head out here and even then it still hammered down on and off :mad: .... Harper all day so no shakes really, aside from getting damp to drowned hoofing her up and down the drive, in her push chair, at 11.00 to get her to drop off for her nap :rolleyes: ... worth the wetting for anything up to two hours peace :giggle:

Canal Navvy

Canal Navvy

How can our forecast change overnight from nearly certain heavy rain all day to 20% chance of a bit this morning? 😡

Let's all try to rearrange our days shall we ?
..... met office will be asking for another billion pound computer again soon no doubt 😅

V8Druid

V8Druid

How can our forecast change overnight from nearly certain heavy rain all day to 20% chance of a bit this morning? 😡

Let's all try to rearrange our days shall we ?
..... met office will be asking for another billion pound computer again soon no doubt 😅
I looked at it half twelve last night and it was grim ...... this morning it might drizzle for an hour at ten and dry then 'til seven, with even a chance of some sun midday ...HTF can it be so wildly different in seven hours ??:unsure:o_O:mad:

V8Druid

V8Druid

I looked at it half twelve last night and it was grim ...... this morning it might drizzle for an hour at ten and dry then 'til seven, with even a chance of some sun midday ...HTF can it be so wildly different in seven hours ??:unsure:o_O:mad:
well the sun showed its face just in time to watch it set :( ... damned chilly out there ATM ... half an hour sat in the park playground next to the school was enough ... glad I put one of my sheepskins on ... hoody would not have been enough today :rolleyes: