Poxy Weather

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
'bout what we had last time Jim ..... started coming down here again ... but a lot of what was here this morning has gone mostly
2.00pm
WP_20210124_13_48_53_Pro.jpg

10.30 am
WP_20210124_10_34_28_Pro.jpg

Giles

Giles

Most likely your usual 'Young Farmers', with Daddy's tractor and Daddy's diesel, doing their bit for the community. I mean, for the Instagram likes :rolleyes:
looks like ashbrook hire tractors

J

Jimoz

Set to be -3 tonight so wasn't going to bother tomoz. On day work though and tomorrow set to be nice day so might just keep to the main roads and trundle in

B

Brendan

Had a few inches here, not had a decent bit of snow for a while, meant to be up Telford way tomorrow but apparently it's still snowing up there and meant to be -4 overnight so might have a day in the office

S

Smiffy

We had 3in this morning all but gone this afternoon
Tomorrow morning should be fun on the roads gonna be lots of black ice about

B

Brendan

Still around 3 inch here, my street hasnt seen much traffic, the road into had a fair bit and was compacted well and starting to ice up a few hours ago when out for a walk

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
View attachment 21323
Best 300 quid I ever spent. Gritter drivers must be self isolating I reckon! Roads are fun here .
used to have a piece off 400 x 20 with two bits of 160 x 80 RHS welded to the back of it, 6ft wide, like that .. could clear the yard pretty quick with the hyster H80C
biggest problem with a lot of snow was you ran out of places to push it to pretty quick, even well compacted, so a 10' x 5' x 12mm plate pushed under the heaps enabled me to move it elsewhere .... tip the plate off and over, then pick the plate again and do the next heap ...... a bucket to go on the forks'd've been handy, but for once or twice a year, wasn't worth the faff of knocking up . ....... had a huge pile in the middle of the yard one year ... was there for months.

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

used to have a piece off 400 x 20 with two bits of 160 x 80 RHS welded to the back of it, 6ft wide, like that .. could clear the yard pretty quick with the hyster H80C
biggest problem with a lot of snow was you ran out of places to push it to pretty quick, even well compacted, so a 10' x 5' x 12mm plate pushed under the heaps enabled me to move it elsewhere .... tip the plate off and over, then pick the plate again and do the next heap ...... a bucket to go on the forks'd've been handy, but for once or twice a year, wasn't worth the faff of knocking up . ....... had a huge pile in the middle of the yard one year ... was there for months.
Tidy, nearly made one myself but used to know lad that sold these and 300 ish seemed silly, ordered fat rubber strip for bottom finally after "been meaning to" for a few years!😂

Bri963

Bri963

We had 3”, not much in the grand scheme of things. At 11 last night the plough came through here after everything had frozen solid, so it just bounced over the ice and didn’t clear a thing. They didn’t put any grit down so this morning I drove 6 miles without touching tarmac. Then I had two hours snow clearing on a 259 CTL.

GazCro

GazCro

We had 3”, not much in the grand scheme of things. At 11 last night the plough came through here after everything had frozen solid, so it just bounced over the ice and didn’t clear a thing. They didn’t put any grit down so this morning I drove 6 miles without touching tarmac. Then I had two hours snow clearing on a 259 CTL.
They maybe didn't realise they weren't spreading any grit (and I'm not joking it happens)

S

Smiffy

They maybe didn't realise they weren't spreading any grit (and I'm not joking it happens)

Must be ancient gritters
All the ones round here are unbelievably complicated gps controlled the lot lot and soon let the driver know if he isn't gritting something he is meant to
Also cameras in the back and facing the spreader plate on a lot of them

GazCro

GazCro

Must be ancient gritters
All the ones round here are unbelievably complicated gps controlled the lot lot and soon let the driver know if he isn't gritting something he is meant to
Also cameras in the back and facing the spreader plate on a lot of them
They still got to know how to use them though and thats the problem.

S

Smiffy

They still got to know how to use them though and thats the problem.

Honestly the blokes round here don't
It's all done for them now
Routes are all gps set for on/off
The gps feeds in the spread rates so the lorry limiter changes depending on the road combined with
Weigh cells in the body make sure every road has exactly the right amount

Mostly as all the blokes where on the fiddle and costing the council a fortune so now they aren't allowed to control them