Poxy Weather

craig

craig

Honestly the blokes round here don't
It's all done for them now
Routes are all gps set for on/off
The gps feeds in the spread rates so the lorry limiter changes depending on the road combined with
Weigh cells in the body make sure every road has exactly the right amount

Mostly as all the blokes where on the fiddle and costing the council a fortune so now they aren't allowed to control them
The ones here are similar, the routes are pre-programmed like a sat nav, select the route number and follow the instructions, and the box that controls the width and rate.
I`m still on the `list` apparently, but not used one since this new system came online, but I know the old system reported your speed, spread width and rate back to the office via the tracker.
The older ones, the sensor on the spinner would say not spreading in the cab, when it still was.

S

Smiffy

The ones here are similar, the routes are pre-programmed like a sat nav, select the route number and follow the instructions, and the box that controls the width and rate.
I`m still on the `list` apparently, but not used one since this new system came online, but I know the old system reported your speed, spread width and rate back to the office via the tracker.
The older ones, the sensor on the spinner would say not spreading in the cab, when it still was.

I was talking to an old boy about it he quit when they bought the new system in as they where speeding round the route skipping bits they didn't feel worthwhile the on to the private jobs
Park up outside there house kip for a few hours and essentially make 500 quid for 2 hrs work

Hence the new system
These ones have the alarm wired to the weigh system so works on the weight decreasing
Any road with the wrong spread rate will be flagged up so they can't "loose" a few tonnes on private jobs and they cant turn the spreader on whilst offroute so can't spread it if they can get some extra grit

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
not looking too good next week ATM :oops:

1612468888339.png

rainfall x 10 for snow fall :(:rolleyes: .... circa 400mm of white shite and with those temps and Nor/Nor-Easterly it is gonna be 'kin cool :oops::(
might get the big bucket out shortly

what's the rest of you lot looking like ?? :unsure:

craig

craig

not looking too good next week ATM :oops:

View attachment 21735
rainfall x 10 for snow fall :(:rolleyes: .... circa 400mm of white shite and with those temps and Nor/Nor-Easterly it is gonna be 'kin cool :oops::(
might get the big bucket out shortly

what's the rest of you lot looking like ?? :unsure:
Pretty much similar, day time temperatures sub zero, and snow shows forecast all week.
The LA have cancelled next weeks job, due to the forecast.

Giles

Giles

Coming home last night down winnats pass, guy in Audi A6 “it’s supposed to be 4x4” he been going up, spun it 360 then slid into the rocks by the side of the road. Stopped to see if he was ok, then could see behind me a car coming fast so shot forward. That one shot off the road as well so backed up to the Audi just to rub it in a bit haha. Amarok auto on ko2s she’s been sure footed in snow and sheet ice 🧊

Attachments

• C16DA062-1BEF-4BD1-8C77-7A6858FDCDF0.jpeg
    C16DA062-1BEF-4BD1-8C77-7A6858FDCDF0.jpeg
    86.4 KB · Views: 36
  • 9D16BA49-92A7-4091-98EA-D4894B25D8CF.jpeg
    9D16BA49-92A7-4091-98EA-D4894B25D8CF.jpeg
    83.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 59E798C1-36A1-477E-A40A-E30CF7CEA8BD.jpeg
    59E798C1-36A1-477E-A40A-E30CF7CEA8BD.jpeg
    85.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 9A0269E3-BF11-4FA8-BC82-AE0EEF63790E.jpeg
    9A0269E3-BF11-4FA8-BC82-AE0EEF63790E.jpeg
    91.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 3D85141C-7E29-4A99-B6CC-1B13F70CFC89.jpeg
    3D85141C-7E29-4A99-B6CC-1B13F70CFC89.jpeg
    83.3 KB · Views: 46
F

fred

allways amazes me how people drive way to fast for the conditions in snow. like 4x what they should be doing then are amazed when they hit the brakes and keep going.

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk
Fortunately the E.A are here to save us from disaster. I have been told there Polar Bear division have been out Patrolling to ensure no one crushes or drives over a single snowflake.... Spokesman Mr P Ness was quoted as saying "As we know all snowflakes are unique and as such must be protected. Polar Bears are known for there cool collective nature that ensures they are the perfect calm, sensible public relations officers we need at this time. We also have our Beaver and Coypus units to deal with the protection of riverbanks from invasive plant species and the like. we are very pleased with our new use of nature"

Attachments

• EA Beaver Unit.jpg
    EA Beaver Unit.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 50
  • EA Coypus Unit.jpg
    EA Coypus Unit.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 50
  • EA Polar.jpg
    EA Polar.jpg
    629.8 KB · Views: 47
Giles

Giles

allways amazes me how people drive way to fast for the conditions in snow. like 4x what they should be doing then are amazed when they hit the brakes and keep going.
It’s an Audi though it’s Quattro it’s as good as a lifted defender on huge tyres as big as Audi drivers ego isn’t it lol

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Coming home last night down winnats pass, guy in Audi A6 “it’s supposed to be 4x4” he been going up, spun it 360 then slid into the rocks by the side of the road. Stopped to see if he was ok, then could see behind me a car coming fast so shot forward. That one shot off the road as well so backed up to the Audi just to rub it in a bit haha. Amarok auto on ko2s she’s been sure footed in snow and sheet ice 🧊
I can concurr, got same setup,👌.
Going over winnats on summer tyres in that weather!😣😣 Wtf.

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Got the falken wildpeak on my ranger have been great, snow rated all terrains.
Aye ... got 80/20s on the P38 .... not a lot of cop in white shite .... skill needed to keep rolling on course, but grip is not the best