Poxy Weather

GazCro

GazCro

Well today not so bad certainly not as forecast. As I've said already though I think the lakes gets added on to forecasts for surrounding areas when it comes to rain. What creates flooding elsewhere is just a wet day here. If I'd gone off forecast I'd have had 2 days at home instead I've got reduce dig for extension at a hotel done and hardcore in ready for founds tomorrow.

M

Monkeybusiness

It's rained most of the day here. But tonight it's proper missing down. Think we're in for some serious flooding again.
I'm in South Cheshire
There’s serious water about in Spurstow/Haughton - had to help a bloke push his hydraulic’d Corsa out of a flood by the Nags Head an hour ago. I’ve never seen the water levels as high around here in 40 years tbh (and it’s still raining!)

craig

craig

Its rained nearly non stop since last night, water gathering in places I`ve not seen before.
Its stopped raining now.....started to snow, been coming down heavy for the last hour or so, and sticking well.

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
It's rained most of the day here. But tonight it's proper missing down. Think we're in for some serious flooding again.
I'm in South Cheshire
aye it's been wet all day here ........ but now it's coming down like it's never rained before ..... can not believe they'm forecasting a sunny day tomorrow :oops:

1611171996941.png

1611172012047.png

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Its rained nearly non stop since last night, water gathering in places I`ve not seen before.
Its stopped raining now.....started to snow, been coming down heavy for the last hour or so, and sticking well.
Snow warnings tonight/tomorrow 🤣 can't make it up. Persisting it down hard again tho. Not seen water like this for a long time , like others said water in places yet still idiots trying their luck in Micra's in the floods ..wtf,

Giles

Giles

Pissed it down all day, flooding and everything soaked here. Did manage to throw 2.5m3 into a footing tonight but was under water when we left

Attachments

• 8D99BD09-F1D8-4C69-B0FF-495A38EBCE7A.jpeg
    8D99BD09-F1D8-4C69-B0FF-495A38EBCE7A.jpeg
    156.8 KB · Views: 107
B

Brendan

Not really rained too much where I was today, although the river has risen a good 200mm+ over the course of the day

M

Monkeybusiness

There’s serious water about in Spurstow/Haughton - had to help a bloke push his hydraulic’d Corsa out of a flood by the Nags Head an hour ago. I’ve never seen the water levels as high around here in 40 years tbh (and it’s still raining!)
And now it’s snowing, and unbelievably it’s sticking as it’s coming down so hard!

Left hooker

Left hooker

My yard is flooded 😭
Mizzly most of the day shower at lunch time when we stopped at half one and then mizzly after lunch when we returned , odd heavy showers tonight so a usual wet day here in Cornwall for winter time

hiluxman

hiluxman

Mizzly most of the day shower at lunch time when we stopped at half one and then mizzly after lunch when we returned , odd heavy showers tonight so a usual wet day here in Cornwall for winter time
River did 600mm in 4 hours, its now 1m higher than it was early this morning

Giles

Giles

Took this a week ago and messaged environment agency, today you couldn’t see it water was that high lucky it hasn’t turned sideways and blocked bridge. It’s now snowing ...

Attachments

• 33AEFF62-26F3-4425-8EF5-C22F9204AF90.png
    33AEFF62-26F3-4425-8EF5-C22F9204AF90.png
    987.7 KB · Views: 99
hiluxman

hiluxman

Took this a week ago and messaged environment agency, today you couldn’t see it water was that high lucky it hasn’t turned sideways and blocked bridge. It’s now snowing ...
You be aswell pulling it out yourself...probably do it in the same time it takes to send an email.

pettsy

pettsy

Pretty heavy rain all evening here in Derbyshire dales. The first pic is of a notorious flooding spot earlier this afternoon, unsurprisingly the bridge has been closed. The nearby pub has been flooded so many times I was told it’s uninsurable!

AFC97954-266E-4381-99A9-1354031C95A9.jpeg
69E0D262-8183-4437-A268-FE3FBFA51302.jpeg

GazCro

GazCro

They'll leave that in to slow the flow downstream

Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
4” of snow here now and two roads between my house and my yard closed because of flooding 😳

diggerjones

diggerjones

Jist been outside to check. 11.30pm out stream is up as much as I've seen it and the snow it melting now😯
next door neibour got flooded Oct 2019. There ok up to now but they've had lots of flood defences done. Think they will be moving the stress is doing them in😧