Compact tractor trailer wanted

M

Monkeybusiness

Well-known member
I think your rims are a tad porous I’m afraid mate...
 

Attachments

  • 2AF55CDE-BDC2-4000-8944-224E12327D3B.jpeg
    2AF55CDE-BDC2-4000-8944-224E12327D3B.jpeg
    176.4 KB · Views: 298
diggerjones

diggerjones

Well-known member
Are they fooked then. Any ideas. Haven't they got tubes in
 
M

Monkeybusiness

Well-known member
Are they fooked then. Any ideas. Haven't they got tubes in

I’ve found another set of wheels but haven’t got the right sized valves (obviously!)... Will pick some up from d and d tomorrow.

Tubes were toast!
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
I think your rims are a tad porous I’m afraid mate...
hell's teeth ..... they're old rims :rolleyes: ... they'm riveted :eek: ... not surprised they'm not holding wind ... don't think tubeless existed when they came out of Solihull :LOL::ROFLMAO:
 
diggerjones

diggerjones

Well-known member
Ha. That is probably a proper ford. As mine is Japanese. Mine is 1991 that one must be 80s. Would be a good little tool i would think.
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Ha. That is probably a proper ford. As mine is Japanese. Mine is 1991 that one must be 80s. Would be a good little tool i would think.
be '82/'83 on a Y plate Dylan ... assuming it was registered new
 
Powerfab

Powerfab

Well-known member
Ok Dylan,

Finally got mine finished off this evening. Still needs a bit of cellulose shine on the frame yet but I'll want to try it out in anger for a bit to see if it performs as advertised. :rolleyes:

IMG_6701.jpg


The skip was sitting taking up space on a pallet since I converted the dumper to a loader, so thought I might as well try and make some use of it.
Wheels and hand pump were also items had been sitting around for several years redundant from previous projects. Were going on EBay at one time but decided worth keeping as you'll never know when they might be needed. :p

IMG_6706.jpg


Generally well pleased as to how it's turned out. Cost me the guts of £30 for the new jockey wheel :LOL:
 
Mintsauce

Mintsauce

Active member
That's spot on! Don't forget how much you paid for the Terex sticker 🤣
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Ok Dylan,

Finally got mine finished off this evening. Still needs a bit of cellulose shine on the frame yet but I'll want to try it out in anger for a bit to see if it performs as advertised. :rolleyes:

View attachment 8133

The skip was sitting taking up space on a pallet since I converted the dumper to a loader, so thought I might as well try and make some use of it.
Wheels and hand pump were also items had been sitting around for several years redundant from previous projects. Were going on EBay at one time but decided worth keeping as you'll never know when they might be needed. :p

View attachment 8135

Generally well pleased as to how it's turned out. Cost me the guts of £30 for the new jockey wheel :LOL:
I LIKE that :):cool: ... pix saved for future reference (y)
 
Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
Why didn’t you plumb the ‘tipping trailer’ into your loader a simple tap to isolate one of the services and a pipe running to the back of it, quick release coupling bobs your uncle;)
Bit a brilliant idea to make use of the skip(y)(y)
 
Powerfab

Powerfab

Well-known member
Why didn’t you plumb the ‘tipping trailer’ into your loader a simple tap to isolate one of the services and a pipe running to the back of it, quick release coupling bobs your uncle;)
Bit a brilliant idea to make use of the skip(y)(y)

;) A closer inspection shows the hose is on a quick release to the pump. I've a 50mm hitch plate out front for the loader useful for shunting about. The hose then can go onto one of the auxiliary flows at the front. (y)

A a service to the rear might be in future plans, but at present it was simply because the pump was lying around and I thought it might as well be used.
Means as well that the trailer can be used behind something else, although I'm not sure if plod would be happy to see this on the highway.
 
Top