Compact tractor trailer wanted

diggerjones

diggerjones

So I've this trailer now. I've got a dozer blade with double acting ram so I've already teed into flow and return.
I need sort out how to tip trailer now. Any suggestions.
Thanks Dylan
20230513_100848.jpg

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
So I've this trailer now. I've got a dozer blade with double acting ram so I've already teed into flow and return.
I need sort out how to tip trailer now. Any suggestions.
Thanks Dylan
View attachment 47302
well it's single acting, gravity return, which could be a PITA ... with a double acting service....
the way I have my FLT mast set up, which is also single acting, is the second side of the double acting service gets plumbed into a direct to tank return ...
one side of the double actor gives you lift, then when you operate the other motion, it simply dumps to tank, along with the oil from the ram as gravity fetches it down (and possibly a bit of suction from the opposite motion feeding direct to tank).
Thank @Mogman for that gem ... he gave me the SP on that idea and works well for the fork mast ... I use my 1" direct to tank breaker return so it comes down PDQ (if you want it to) but can control the rate of descent as if it were double acting, by varying the flow rate to tank .:giggle::cool:
not gotten around to putting a QC on the back of the 'Drema yet for my tipper (as not needed to), but will use the same principle and a 6x2 diverter from my blade service, utilising a case drain line, from the drive motor, to get a direct to tank return.

Or just put a strop on the lift eyes I fitted to the trailer chassis' front and tip it with the bucket :giggle::giggle: .. save a lot of faff

diggerjones

diggerjones

well it's single acting, gravity return, which could be a PITA ... with a double acting service....
the way I have my FLT mast set up, which is also single acting, is the second side of the double acting service gets plumbed into a direct to tank return ...
one side of the double actor gives you lift, then when you operate the other motion, it simply dumps to tank, along with the oil from the ram as gravity fetches it down (and possibly a bit of suction from the opposite motion feeding direct to tank).
Thank @Mogman for that gem ... he gave me the SP on that idea and works well for the fork mast ... I use my 1" direct to tank breaker return so it comes down PDQ (if you want it to) but can control the rate of descent as if it were double acting, by varying the flow rate to tank .:giggle::cool:
not gotten around to putting a QC on the back of the 'Drema yet for my tipper (as not needed to), but will use the same principle and a 6x2 diverter from my blade service, utilising a case drain line, from the drive motor, to get a direct to tank return.

Or just put a strop on the lift eyes I fitted to the trailer chassis' front and tip it with the bucket :giggle::giggle: .. save a lot of faff
I want to keep the blade as is. If i took a feed from the flow pipe to a double acting lever and returned it to back end (tank) would this be feasible

V8Druid

V8Druid

I want to keep the blade as is. If i took a feed from the flow pipe to a double acting lever and returned it to back end (tank) would this be feasible
what's "as is" Dyl? how have you got it set up ?

your suggestion will simply give you another two way service .. you'd still need to feed one side of it direct back to tank to get the trailer to lower

diggerjones

diggerjones

Here's the next problem. So on big tractor it sits about right, hight wise. On little tractor it would not sit right(to low).
So what would be simplest way to sort. I don't want to alter trailer hitch. What about a exstended pin.
And no i won't be selling the ford to get rid of the problem @CPS 😂😂
20230604_165223.jpg
20230604_165343.jpg

S

Smiffy

Here's the next problem. So on big tractor it sits about right, hight wise. On little tractor it would not sit right(to low).
So what would be simplest way to sort. I don't want to alter trailer hitch. What about a exstended pin.
And no i won't be selling the ford to get rid of the problem @CPS 😂😂View attachment 48086View attachment 48087
Bit of engineering but the alpine tractors have a bar up each side of the PTO with holes in them a bracket attached to this with a clevis hitch. Bad description but imagine a Dixon bate hitch big enough to sit around the pto

CPS

CPS

And no i won't be selling the ford to get rid of the problem @CPS 😂😂View attachment 48086View attachment 48087
It's the only way to sort the problem I'm afraid 🤣
How about an frame on the 3 point linkage?

V8Druid

V8Druid

well you're not going to have the PTO shaft attached when using the trailer so make a shoe to fit over, or into, the existing hitch point, that you can pin on to it / into it, with a jaw above, at a taller height

pettsy

pettsy

What about making an offset/cranked ring hitch, one way up for one tractor then flip it for the other. Could do it on a sliding section with pins to retain it.

craig

craig

A bodge :ROFLMAO: Sit the trailer on top of the hitch, a big old shackle above the trailer hitch, and in the clevis of the original hitch, and a drawbar pin through the lot.

diggerjones

diggerjones

The A frame sounds a good idea. Could be used to move other stuff. How strong are they?
Grahams is maybe the best but above my pay grade.
Just been and have another look and the A frame idea, would this put the trailer hitch to far back. I presume you want the trailer weight as near to back axle as possible

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

The A frame sounds a good idea. Could be used to move other stuff. How strong are they?
Just been and have another look and the A frame idea, would this put the trailer hitch to far back. I presume you want the trailer weight as near to back axle as possible
A frames are ruddy handy...use mine a fair bit for shuffling trailers about...can get a tad exciting on a downhill though...

diggerjones

diggerjones

A bodge :ROFLMAO: Sit the trailer on top of the hitch, a big old shackle above the trailer hitch, and in the clevis of the original hitch, and a drawbar pin through the lot.
Like this
20230604_192707.jpg
20230604_192707.jpg
20230604_192710.jpg

craig

craig

With the extra weight of the blade on the front of yours, it may not be too bad:unsure:

diggerjones

diggerjones

Screenshot_20230604-193845.jpg
what happens when your tipping the trailer and the draw bar of trailer starts wanting to raise. Anyone tipped silage trailers back in the day will know that they can lift the back of the tractor.
With it being on the arms, they will rise

S

Smiffy

View attachment 48094what happens when your tipping the trailer and the draw bar of trailer starts wanting to raise. Anyone tipped silage trailers back in the day will know that they can lift the back of the tractor.
With it being on the arms, they will rise

For use with a tipping trailer the ones on old grey fergies braced from the link arms on the to the top link mount when in use then they where fied solid