yanmar b03 scopy restoration

Y

yanmarb03

See, Tree Crane..... I had a vision it was this one :ROFLMAO:
We got lucky to be honest I took my engine crane to lift it onto a small garden trolley as these only weigh about 400kg but the ram decided it wasnt going to lift anything so the tree was the second option

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

The rescue and strip down track frame idlers and carriers now at shot blasters to be honest track frame is better than I first thought expect tracks are perished very badly none of the idlers or rollers move so have strip then and rebuilt them
Now that is worthy of a thumbs up👍👊😎 like the style...right my my street. Similar to the 2500L oil tank extraction we did with a tirfor and a doorframe.👌

Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
You’ve got a job on there mate, keep us posted on the progress with lots of pictures, looks like it’ll make a bonney we tool👍👍

Y

yanmarb03

You’ve got a job on there mate, keep us posted on the progress with lots of pictures, looks like it’ll make a bonney we tool👍👍
Will try my best hopefully the parts come back from the shot blasters soon so I can spray them and start rebuilding

Y

yanmarb03

UPDATE

picked the parts up yesterday from the shot blaster not to bad actually I think I'm going to have to plate the outside of the track frame to support it due to the holes and just a precaution aswell shot and hot zinc coat for £90+vat think that's a good price aswell ?

Attachments

• 20210510_201548.jpg
    20210510_201548.jpg
    312.5 KB · Views: 191
  • 20210510_201555.jpg
    20210510_201555.jpg
    289.7 KB · Views: 182
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
UPDATE

picked the parts up yesterday from the shot blaster not to bad actually I think I'm going to have to plate the outside of the track frame to support it due to the holes and just a precaution aswell shot and hot zinc coat for £90+vat think that's a good price aswell ?
if you mean rust pit holes ... mig them up and grind them back to a surface ... good as new(y)

Y

yanmarb03

Good evening all sorry for the lack of progress but unfortunately life gets in the way

update so I have made repair plates For the track frames and main body that everything bolts to they are being welded on Tuesday I have changed all bearings and rubber seals on the track drive motors and idlers and rollers

looking ahead Where is the best place to get replacement rams the ones that have been buried are past it all the chrome has gone mainly on the blade and offset obviously would like to use local people that are on here ?

Also I'm looking for recommendations for paint I want to do 2k primer and top I have never shot 2k before only ever done raptor liner I have all the panel prep stuff from when I done that

V8Druid

V8Druid

Good evening all sorry for the lack of progress but unfortunately life gets in the way

update so I have made repair plates For the track frames and main body that everything bolts to they are being welded on Tuesday I have changed all bearings and rubber seals on the track drive motors and idlers and rollers

looking ahead Where is the best place to get replacement rams the ones that have been buried are past it all the chrome has gone mainly on the blade and offset obviously would like to use local people that are on here ?

Also I'm looking for recommendations for paint I want to do 2k primer and top I have never shot 2k before only ever done raptor liner I have all the panel prep stuff from when I done that
should be able to get new rods made up easy enough if the cylinders're usable ... where abouts are you ... some one in your area on here'll probably be able to give you a recommendation for someone local to you

Y

yanmarb03

should be able to get new rods made up easy enough if the cylinders're usable ... where abouts are you ... some one in your area on here'll probably be able to give you a recommendation for someone local to you
I'm near Brighton

V8Druid

V8Druid

For your rams, he re chromes in house and will send them back as new. Fixed up afew for me in the past 👍🏼
might be cheaper to have new rods though, if they're as pitted as i suspect they will be from being buried for several years.

forgot to post this last night :rolleyes::(:LOL:

Mick-the-fitter

Mick-the-fitter

It’s what I do!
Light blue and yellow normally, worked on them for Ammann Yanmar between 2000 and 2010,

Y

yanmarb03

Light blue and yellow normally, worked on them for Ammann Yanmar between 2000 and 2010,
This is around the early 1990s going by what the manul saids not many made

CPS

CPS

A local machine shop will be able to re-rod the rams for you. If you can't find one we can do it for you if you want stick them in a box and courier them 👍

Y

yanmarb03

N
A local machine shop will be able to re-rod the rams for you. If you can't find one we can do it for you if you want stick them in a box and courier them 👍
I will upload some photos later there pretty bad

Y

yanmarb03

So thats the off set ram the blade is as bad if not worse

Attachments

• img_20220109_211505900.jpg
    img_20220109_211505900.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 127