When can we work

S

Smiffy

last twenty year of my working life i was paye because the revenue was cracking down on self employed working for same firm etc. guy i worked for wanted me to stay but cards in for same rate. and same hours i generally did 6 full days probably all at least 10 hours often more nowhere near 20 quid an hour though, my dad used to tell me work to live not live to work, but that took a long time to sink in for me though.

It's really difficult though to do this when you have bills to pay and kids to look after. I would like to spend more time with my kids but equally I want them to have clean clothes and I like to do nice things with them when I am home. I couldn't be on the dole the boredom would send me insane

Bri963

Bri963

The people who say work to live not live to work are usually sitting pretty having either flogged themselves in the past and paid everything off, inherited it, or married into it. When you’re young, hard up and no inheritance to look forward to or anyone to give you a leg up, there’s three options; graft, do something illegal, or struggle along blaming everyone and everything else.

hiluxman

hiluxman

The people who say work to live not live to work are usually sitting pretty having either flogged themselves in the past and paid everything off, inherited it, or married into it. When you’re young, hard up and no inheritance to look forward to or anyone to give you a leg up, there’s three options; graft, do something illegal, or struggle along blaming everyone and everything else.
Your right with the 3 options.