What have i done ! New project tb 216R

Y

yanmarb03

Well-known member
Dead man block Stripped cleaned blown though with the air line

Oil cooler, swing motor , swivel joint , hydraulic block, track motor lines, all wet vac I put all the oil back in the can it came in I reckon I'm about 40mm below the fill line I think that's in the track motors any advice on how to get that out of there ? I tried the hoover on them nothing came out I have left all the lines off and has been dripping for 24hrs still has stuff coming out
 

Attachments

  • 20230621_182024.jpg
    20230621_182024.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 181
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Dead man block Stripped cleaned blown though with the air line

Oil cooler, swing motor , swivel joint , hydraulic block, track motor lines, all wet vac I put all the oil back in the can it came in I reckon I'm about 40mm below the fill line I think that's in the track motors any advice on how to get that out of there ? I tried the hoover on them nothing came out I have left all the lines off and has been dripping for 24hrs still has stuff coming out
airline?
 
Y

yanmarb03

Well-known member
Just seems to leak air out around the fitting and doesn't push anything though 😔

Also think the spool is at fault for the dead man it's really notchy getting it back into the housing wonder how much one of them is ☹️☹️
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Just seems to leak air out around the fitting and doesn't push anything though 😔

Also think the spool is at fault for the dead man it's really notchy getting it back into the housing wonder how much one of them is ☹️☹️
well ......... you could leave the return line off and extend it into a bucket/can then very gently operate the opposite motion and purge it of it's contents, side at a time, then reconnect lines :rolleyes: ... could get messy though if the lines escape ... obviously once everything else is back together .... or try the same with a hand pump to flush it
 
Y

yanmarb03

Well-known member
Any tips on how to get all the hydraulic oil off everything ? Hot pressure washer ? Tfr ?
 
Y

yanmarb03

Well-known member
Any more wisdom anyone can offer?

Stripped and Cleaned the valve for the dead man and fast track still nothing I can hear and feel the solenoid click in and out but its just not letting flow though the fast track doesn't work at all!

Is it time to cut my losses and just order a complete unit ? There and £250 +vat which considering a single solenoid is £95+ vat I Don think its to bad!

Also filled with fresh oil I have had every line undone over the course of the week and cleaned out had a look in the tank once started and cycled abit looks okay so hopefully I have got it all out
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Any more wisdom anyone can offer?

Stripped and Cleaned the valve for the dead man and fast track still nothing I can hear and feel the solenoid click in and out but its just not letting flow though the fast track doesn't work at all!

Is it time to cut my losses and just order a complete unit ? There and £250 +vat which considering a single solenoid is £95+ vat I Don think its to bad!

Also filled with fresh oil I have had every line undone over the course of the week and cleaned out had a look in the tank once started and cycled abit looks okay so hopefully I have got it all out
any servo filter in the system anywhere??
 
Mick-the-fitter

Mick-the-fitter

It’s what I do!
Is it just two speed tracking not working? Are there two solenoids? Can you change them over swap the plugs around?
 
Y

yanmarb03

Well-known member
Change the plugs around see what works!
Nothing worked so had to bite the bullet and got a whole new one I'm 90% sure the spool was actually at fault. The fast track spool dropped straight into the body not a issue the dead man one I had to gently tap in with a rubber mallet.

So new one has arrived getting around 32 ohms on the solenoid now was only getting 13-15 on the old ones.
 
Y

yanmarb03

Well-known member
Bad update

Fitted the new valve still nothing checked the wiring and fuses nothing there's a pressure test point on the actual cylinder that locks the track undid that slowly only a trickle coming out went to the pump under did the outlet that goes to the solenoid valve again a trickle opened the end of the pump well the pictures speak for themselves

Buy a new pump ? Or buynew impellers ? And rebuild?
 

Attachments

  • 20230701_182915.jpg
    20230701_182915.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 159
  • 20230701_180736.jpg
    20230701_180736.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 169
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Bad update

Fitted the new valve still nothing checked the wiring and fuses nothing there's a pressure test point on the actual cylinder that locks the track undid that slowly only a trickle coming out went to the pump under did the outlet that goes to the solenoid valve again a trickle opened the end of the pump well the pictures speak for themselves

Buy a new pump ? Or buynew impellers ? And rebuild?
if the test point is a Stauff, you'll get next to nothing out ... it has a valve in it which would need a connector screwing onto it, with either a gauge on it, or an open end (not advisable).
1688236289888.png


doubt the pump body'll be up to a rebuild with all them teeth floating about in there :( surfaces need to be a glass like finish
 
Last edited:
Y

yanmarb03

Well-known member
if the test point is a Stauff, you'll get next to nothing out ... it has a valve in it which would need a connector screwing onto it, with either a gauge on it, or an open end (not advisable).
View attachment 49060

doubt the pump body'll be up to a rebuild with all them teeth floating about in there :( surfaces need to be a glass like finish
I'll take it apart tomorrow and see
 
Top