What have i done ! New project tb 216R

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
The list gets longer!! Got most of the gunk off going to hire a hot pressure washer and give it a good clean up



Does anyone know where I can get like a spec list for what bolts are needed ? Length etc
make sure you cap/bung all open hyd fittings, etc. 'fore showing it chemicals or water/steam ... 'specially the rotary coupling's connections
 
Y

yanmarb03

Well-known member
Progress being made on this slowly doing both at the time is hard ordering parts etc

When it comes to shimming between a cylinder and mount how tight should it be I have put 6 shims in the offset ram and still seems a fair amount of play
 
Bri963

Bri963

Well-known member
It’s surprising how much side float the rams have on the pins on some new machines. TBH that amount wouldn’t worry me. Either the ram will sit on one place on the pin anyway, and if it moves it stops wear grooves from forming. Some rams on some of the Cat machines can move 3 - 4 mm on their pins.
 
Mick-the-fitter

Mick-the-fitter

It’s what I do!
Yep seen various brand new machines have lots of movement in the king post, in the past this would have constituted a re-pin and bush!,🤔
 
Y

yanmarb03

Well-known member
Again you have come to my rescue 3mm to 4mm seems really sloppy ill order some more shimms

I started rebuilding last Sunday not to bad for just evenings after work
 

Attachments

  • IMG-20230430-WA0004.jpeg
    IMG-20230430-WA0004.jpeg
    325.3 KB · Views: 261
Y

yanmarb03

Well-known member
Quick question for the experts here

Obviously I have a tb016 engine in this I know it needs about 2.3ltr of oil and it's 15w/40 but does it matter if its semi synthetic or fully synthetic or bog standard oil also what colour coolant would it use blue or red ?
 
Y

yanmarb03

Well-known member
Great progress today all hydraulics connected including to levers wiring loom in and most of it connected fan and radiator in also fuel tank in aswell as the dead man assembly put back on
 

Attachments

  • 20230529_150016.jpg
    20230529_150016.jpg
    387.9 KB · Views: 199
  • 20230529_150033.jpg
    20230529_150033.jpg
    369.3 KB · Views: 200
Top