the Global Warming fiasco -- or how to tax the **** out of us

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
How is it we've allowed all these retards to make decisions for us all....when all I see is disagreement with them?
'cos it's retards who keep voting the b' stards back in :mad::mad: ......... I despair TBH ...

Gecko

Gecko

'cos it's retards who keep voting the b' stards back in :mad::mad: ......... I despair TBH ...
That's the good way to look at it.
If you take the slightly less optimistic view, the ba*tards who got in, were considered (by most) to be less-worse than those that didn't make it.
(also, most people are too stupid to be allowed to vote - but they can anyway)

Giles

Giles

That's the good way to look at it.
If you take the slightly less optimistic view, the ba*tards who got in, were considered (by most) to be less-worse than those that didn't make it.
(also, most people are too stupid to be allowed to vote - but they can anyway)
Plenty of ppl who think they’re informed and business people or have aspirations of being in the position where the Torries look after you £20m+ is that reality voted for the complete shower of sh1t that is our current government.

From austerity to covid to the national debt to the destruction of our police and nhs can anyone tell me what good they done? What decent piece of legislation or budget they’ve brought in that’s made our lives better?

I should be expected to vote blue given I’m a business owner have aspirations of being multi millionaire and studied economics and believe in soft hands for business and removal of market restrictions. But I believe in a well funded nhs without privatisation or any bull sh1t about private companies running it better over management that’s all lies.

But I just can’t bring myself to vote for the sleazy myopic Untruthfully cnuts, especially after they decided to save their party over the country with Brexit. And now with the distraction tactics of immigration to hide the state of our economy and education system which leads into our productivity and quality of our future workforce etc

Can we have a centerist third way not this red vs blue power struggle at the cost of our living standards

I was a teenager during new labour 90-2000 but it seemed to be a good period don’t recall any talk of cost of living crisis etc dads business thrived and he made good money.

20 years on we’ve gone backwards

6feetdown

Plenty of ppl who think they’re informed and business people or have aspirations of being in the position where the Torries look after you £20m+ is that reality voted for the complete shower of sh1t that is our current government.

From austerity to covid to the national debt to the destruction of our police and nhs can anyone tell me what good they done? What decent piece of legislation or budget they’ve brought in that’s made our lives better?

I should be expected to vote blue given I’m a business owner have aspirations of being multi millionaire and studied economics and believe in soft hands for business and removal of market restrictions. But I believe in a well funded nhs without privatisation or any bull sh1t about private companies running it better over management that’s all lies.

But I just can’t bring myself to vote for the sleazy myopic Untruthfully cnuts, especially after they decided to save their party over the country with Brexit. And now with the distraction tactics of immigration to hide the state of our economy and education system which leads into our productivity and quality of our future workforce etc

Can we have a centerist third way not this red vs blue power struggle at the cost of our living standards

I was a teenager during new labour 90-2000 but it seemed to be a good period don’t recall any talk of cost of living crisis etc dads business thrived and he made good money.

They are all the same. Nobody wants to tell the truth as they are all scared of losing their power and money.
There are no long term plans only 5 year 1s or if they are they get altered or ditched to suit the next election manifesto.
Its about time these aholes started working for the country and working together to achieve long term goals, and stop the woke bs of trying to not offend certain groups or people.

T

Tintan28

I don’t know the answer but I’m not paid to;
There are far too many at the top who have more money than they could ever need & far too many at the bottom with nowt.
To me if one family member works full time there should be enough money to run a 2 parent & 2.4 kid family ie mortgage/rent, food, clothes, bills, family holiday & possibly put a small amount away for a rainy day (or this & small luxuries from a 2nd wage); if not the system is broken imho.
Council workers on six figure salaries boils my piss also!!

Left hooker

Left hooker

Yes living was good cost wise but at the end of this living the coffers were empty and gold had to be sold to pay of the debts in short new labour bankrupted the country handing it out like sweets to single mothers to stay at home and pop out more children for all of us to raise

Giles

Giles

I don’t know the answer but I’m not paid to;
There are far too many at the top who have more money than they could ever need & far too many at the bottom with nowt.
To me if one family member works full time there should be enough money to run a 2 parent & 2.4 kid family ie mortgage/rent, food, clothes, bills, family holiday & possibly put a small amount away for a rainy day (or this & small luxuries from a 2nd wage); if not the system is broken imho.
Council workers on six figure salaries boils my piss also!!
My ex gf was a manager for local council, she managed 3 ppl doing stuff like arranging yoga for old ppl and getting windows cleaned etc but only in 1 small sub borough. She was on almost £75k 5 years or more ago and seemed to have a stress free easy life. They moved department for work and pensions to sheffield 30 years ago can remember being in the Pub 15 years ago hearing 5 or more guys laughing at their wages and final salary pension talking about retiring at 50 etc, sat next to them with our table of self employed lads and musicians wanting to give them a slap!

Giles

Giles

Yes living was good cost wise but at the end of this living the coffers were empty and gold had to be sold to pay of the debts in short new labour bankrupted the country handing it out like sweets to single mothers to stay at home and pop out more children for all of us to raise
That’s a very over simplified look at it and a lie the Tory’s would have you believe that the coffers were empty, we sold half our gold and bought interest earning us securities and euros. We retained half the gold and the pound hasn’t been linked to gold backed securities for 20 years or more when it happened.

if you look at our debt now compared to then! 10 years of austerity did that do us any good?

Some facts https://fullfact.org/economy/labour-and-conservative-records-national-debt/#:~:text=Public sector net debt was,last financial year in power.

Interesting graphs of debt vs economy size

Public sector net debt (PSND ex) was £2,578.9 billion at the end of July 2023 and provisionally estimated at around 98.5% of the UK's annual gross domestic product (GDP); this is 1.9 percentage points higher than in July 2022 and continuing at levels last seen in the early 1960s.22 Aug 2023

Attachments

• IMG_2849.png
    IMG_2849.png
    210.2 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
T

topkit

Giles both mainstream parties are and have been not worth voting for over the years but I am afraid it may have seemed to be good when you were a teenager however I was working and exporting goods all over the world and i can tell you there was alot that was not good, firstly an Ileagal war in Iraq which is still affecting everyone now, Mass uncontrolled immigration into this country, Tony Blairs PFL hospitals for which most are still in major debt. To name just a few, When he came into power he inherited a very strong UK economy and by the time his party left there was no money left and some of the countries Gold reserves had been sold when gold was at it's lowest price. In Europe countries were having to adopt the Euro I had company owners literally in tears on the phone to me because the could not afford to trade due to the exchange rates. Believe me it was not a great time. At the moment I feel like I am pollitically homeless, I do not want to see Starmer in Power and Equally I dont want to see a week Sunak government either, I want someone who is not afraid to grasp the nettle and strip the NHS from the top down, To cull the waste in the public sector, to eradicate this ridiculous Woke rubbish and to deal with all the Immigration problems and lastly to put is own British citizens first for once!

Giles

Giles

Yeah the war was ill thought out and a bit of America says jumps and we just ploughed in with them, a bet a few companies made a lot of money out of them.

PFL absolute cluster feck of an idea mortgaging kids future on awful deals with huge interests rates

immigration tough one as was a product of shengan and open borders, was ok before expansion into Eastern Europe etc we didn’t mind when it was only franch Germans or Spanish with free movement. Soon as the polish and Romanians Albians joined the eu the perspective changed. Hind sights wonderful but we were weak on not bending the rules to suit us To limit it, had benefit of a sea border.

Ive friends who work in nhs, not sure where the top heavy is but its not a reality i hear from doctor’s, nursery’s and consultants i know they’re just all struggling with the huge workload and lack of colleagues and funding.

And yes no one to vote for and no apparent desire for anyone to do it differently

I’m not bothered about woke stuff, doesn’t affect me if ppl want to identify as a fruit let them doesn’t change my life. more bothered about the bending backwards to translate every benefit claim form into 50 languages companies earning millions helping them get all the benefits. Should be +/- column certain amount they can have to not starve etc then they should be out earning and paying back what they’ve had same for immigrants as 3 generation non working white uk families.

greens are a joke

liberal who

proportional representation?

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Biggest issue right now is we've an army of folk we've imported and handed out benefits etc to freely that hate us and what weve fought for in the last two world wars...I for one ain't going anywhere near London or the other hotspots for a week or two.

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

There is so much wrong with how Governments, Local Authorities and any thing tax payer funded wastes our money. The country is basically bust. No politician brave enough to tell the truth would ever get elected!!
I have never voted labour, but like others I know are totally despondent on what the blues have done over this and the last parliament.
Popular uprising is required!!

Bri963

Bri963

Yeah the war was ill thought out and a bit of America says jumps and we just ploughed in with them, a bet a few companies made a lot of money out of them.

PFL absolute cluster feck of an idea mortgaging kids future on awful deals with huge interests rates

immigration tough one as was a product of shengan and open borders, was ok before expansion into Eastern Europe etc we didn’t mind when it was only franch Germans or Spanish with free movement. Soon as the polish and Romanians Albians joined the eu the perspective changed. Hind sights wonderful but we were weak on not bending the rules to suit us To limit it, had benefit of a sea border.

Ive friends who work in nhs, not sure where the top heavy is but its not a reality i hear from doctor’s, nursery’s and consultants i know they’re just all struggling with the huge workload and lack of colleagues and funding.

And yes no one to vote for and no apparent desire for anyone to do it differently

I’m not bothered about woke stuff, doesn’t affect me if ppl want to identify as a fruit let them doesn’t change my life. more bothered about the bending backwards to translate every benefit claim form into 50 languages companies earning millions helping them get all the benefits. Should be +/- column certain amount they can have to not starve etc then they should be out earning and paying back what they’ve had same for immigrants as 3 generation non working white uk families.

greens are a joke

liberal who

proportional representation?
Ill thought out war? It was f’ing criminal and ended up destroying what Was left of stability in Iraq, racked Up oil prices and destabilised several other middle eastern countries.

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
I have long said that any & all ballot papers should have a box for 'none of the above' , so a vote of no confidence in any of the bar stewards, can be registered by the populous.
Would cause some head ache, but it'd stop some serious tw*ts from getting back in most of the time

6feetdown

I have long said that any & all ballot papers should have a box for 'none of the above' , so a vote of no confidence in any of the bar stewards, can be registered by the populous.
Would cause some head ache, but it'd stop some serious tw*ts from getting back in most of the time
Yep said same but they know it would finish them