Ssd6000 generator

sandy2210

sandy2210

have you looked to see if there is a switch on the "bonnet" or engine cover that needs the engine covers all in place to allow it to start
dont ask me how I know been caught a couple of times with this

B

Brendan

I've got power to the solenoid and i checked that the needle is in the slider.
With the lower hard pipe off the pump it does do a small squirt
I'll double check on the sound as the battery died so going to swap it out i think it's a genuine yanmar or at least the front cover is

Attachments

• IMG_20210316_091025.jpg
    IMG_20210316_091025.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 112
B

Brendan

have you looked to see if there is a switch on the "bonnet" or engine cover that needs the engine covers all in place to allow it to start
dont ask me how I know been caught a couple of times with this
I've checked everywhere and every manual I can find says just do the bleed screw as should self prime

craig

craig

In the banjo fitting where the bleeder is, is there a gauze filter in side there?

B

Brendan

Does it have a low fuel sender on the tank?
Yes has a sender in the tank, I took the injector out and was going to get it tested or replaced but when I got back this evening ended up going back and swapping the units over.
At least now it's at home so can plod along at a slower pace without the rush of needing it now.
Copy parts are cheep so might just get a replacement pump and injector.

@craig not sure if there is a gauze but with the new battery was pumping out a fairly decent pace with the injector feed pipe off. I'm possibly going to pull the pump out at the weekend although considering I've still not fitted the rectifier to the tracked dumper could be a while 🙄🤣🤣

J

Justme

If the pump is now pumping re fit metal pipe pump end.

Crack it open injector end till you get fuel.

It will start then.

B

Brendan

If the pump is now pumping re fit metal pipe pump end.

Crack it open injector end till you get fuel.

It will start then.
Tried that before taking the injector out, fuel pouring out at pump end, then tried the top pipe no joy with either so it's getting fuel up there just not starting

J

Justme

Tried that before taking the injector out, fuel pouring out at pump end, then tried the top pipe no joy with either so it's getting fuel up there just not starting
It takes a lot of cranks to fill the metal pipe its not a flow each revolution is only adding one injection worth.

You cant have fuel coming out the injection pump and not making it to the top of the pipe unless the pipe is seriously crimped over. The pressure is huge but the flow is tiny.
You are testing the metal pipe at both ends?

PS fuel cant pour out the high pressure injector pump.
You get spurts for each revolution.
Are you testing the rubber hose?

J

Justme

Test both end of this metal high pressure fuel pipe.

You need to crank a good dozen or more times to get fuel to the top if you have fuel at the bottom.

Attachments

• injector pump.jpg
    injector pump.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 97
J

Justme

Sorry are you now saying you have fuel at both ends of the metal pipe?

If yes then how is the compression?

Can you pull it over on the recoil starter easily or can you really feel the compression?

Mick-the-fitter

Mick-the-fitter

It’s what I do!
Can you remove the injector, remove the metal injector pipe, place it back on the pump facing away from the cylinder head, refit the injector to the end, crank the engine a few times then you should get sprayed fuel at the injector. These engines are prone to bent con rods, is it an L75 or an L100?

B

Brendan

@Mick-the-fitter by poring out I mean alot more than just the odd bubble out of the metal feed pipe. I cracked the nut till fuel was coming out at a decent pace and then cracked the top bolt into the injector and fuel was coming out there too.

Compression seems decent, don't think it has a pull start as there is a large box leading to the air filter that sits right Infront of the front engine cover. Compression was decent enough to pop the injector out when the two retaining nuts were undone. Plus a very noticeable difference in cranking speed if you decompression lever is pulled.

Will try refitting the injector to the hardpipe and seeing what sort of spray comes out

Book if I remember right is either la70 or la75 but as of yet haven't found the engine i.d. plate to confirm

J

Justme

The grey cover plate should have the recoil start on it.

Mick-the-fitter

Mick-the-fitter

It’s what I do!
There’s always an oil test, remove the injector, with an oil can, put a couple of squirts of oil into the cylinder, refit the injector, and crank away, it will either raise compression, or fire up on the oil. On the L100 a thinner head gasket was fitted to raise compression, when starting was an issue.

B

Brendan

Managed to get some time to have a quick look, took the injector and pipework out and the injector sprays a mist so refitted back in engine but still no difference, just cranks over the union where the hardpipe meets the injector isn't the best so may get a new pipe and injector as seems to be a mist coming out, although not sure if a new issue as that side of the engine has always been wet by the looks of it.
There is no recoil starter as there is a box attached to that side so assuming it's a fan or duct to get air into the filter

J

Justme

Managed to get some time to have a quick look, took the injector and pipework out and the injector sprays a mist so refitted back in engine but still no difference, just cranks over the union where the hardpipe meets the injector isn't the best so may get a new pipe and injector as seems to be a mist coming out, although not sure if a new issue as that side of the engine has always been wet by the looks of it.
There is no recoil starter as there is a box attached to that side so assuming it's a fan or duct to get air into the filter
The recoil side has a fan too.