R.Sanders Plant

JD450A

JD450A

Moderattor🐾
What happens to all your kit and existing business, still running it?

Skip's are stopping, I don't have time to do it alongside this and the lorry is probably wanted later this year, so it'll get a respray, full chapter 8 bollocks, camera etc. As it's a useful tool for the upcoming work, as for the rest simply mothballed of sorts. I'm still going to do a few jobs that I want to do, namely one builder and one of our environmental clients, the original TB175 will do that perfectly well.

Number 2 will most likely wind up on these jobs more for backup and support than anything. Can't say too much publicly, but it's a good opportunity and i'm really enjoying it. About as close to working for Tim again as I will get, I'm very happy with it. As I have said to him, if he has my back I will have his.

It's good money, and less stress. I'm still my own antagonistic self and I retain my independence. I'm unemployable and not suited to just working 8-4... I live for this s**t and like jobs that I can have a significant impact on the progress of, so this suits me down to the ground :)

Still a Owner Operator. but have the backing of someone that has more experience in the world of bullshit and paperwork. which is spot on, Means I do less of it and more on site stuff :)
 
Last edited:
Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
Nail on the head with the bullshit and paperwork I fell in with a chap like that years ago and with his input I can now do my own bullshit and paperwork (y)(y)
 
JD450A

JD450A

Moderattor🐾
Nail on the head with the bullshit and paperwork I fell in with a chap like that years ago and with his input I can now do my own bullshit and paperwork (y)(y)

Learning experience as you know moggy. I can do the stuff on site. I can also do most of the paperwork, but I lack the finer things with it and also lack true understanding of pricing earthworks (Tim taught me some, but alas not all).

Will hopefully be good.
 
TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

Well-known member
Wishing you well and looking forward to seeing some pics!
 
Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
The paperwork seems specifically designed to hinder the small outfit. People who work full time in offices seem to justify their jobs by thinking up ever more forms rather than letting the people who are actually doing the job get on with it. Civil servants seem especially prone to wasting other peoples time and costing them money. I guess if you have never had to worry about making a profit in your life, just how to spend other peoples money it gives you a warped perspective on things.
Graham
 
JD450A

JD450A

Moderattor🐾
Right, first week on the 220X is over basically.

Blown away. It's early days and it has it's teething's.... She is ex demo and has 600 odd hours so is already bedded in so any problems should be showing themselves. The computer is doing it's best to throw out fault codes but tbh that is I suspect due to it's working parameters being far too tighter tolerance.

Lovely machine to pilot, well thought out cab and bags of power. Alas she's a little slow on the boom lift at times but then she does have a heavy tilt bucket on the end. Smooth and fast too. It's well laid out.

Definitely a operators machine if you can get over the badge. I have been smiling all week on it and am seriously enjoying running it. I'll chuck more up as we progress, I want to buy one tbh.
 

Attachments

  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 464
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 479
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 437
Last edited:
B

Brendan

Well-known member
Fair bit reach on that machine.
The latest JCB kit looks good
 
Furniss

Furniss

Well-known member
Right, first week on the 220X is over basically.

Blown away. It's early days and it has it's teething's.... She is ex demo and has 600 odd hours so is already bedded in so any problems should be showing themselves. The computer is doing it's best to throw out fault codes but tbh that is I suspect due to it's working parameters being far too tighter tolerance.

Lovely machine to pilot, well thought out cab and bags of power. Alas she's a little slow on the boom lift at times but then she does have a heavy tilt bucket on the end. Smooth and fast too. It's well laid out.

Definitely a operators machine if you can get over the badge. I have been smiling all week on it and am seriously enjoying running it. I'll chuck more up as we progress, I want to buy one tbh.

There you go .... jcb man soon 😜
Will be interesting to see how your new direction suits you 👍
 
JD450A

JD450A

Moderattor🐾
There you go .... jcb man soon 😜
Will be interesting to see how your new direction suits you 👍

tbh I like any GOOD machine. The 220X has the recipe for something brilliant... Unfortunately things like the JCB fault of the day and a lack of rear ballast on this often seek to spoil it.

I've decided to cast the niggles aside (and by f**k there are a few corkers in terms of tacky finishes and under engineering). The simple fact is I very much like it and it makes me smile running it at full tilt. Last machine to properly do that was Rayners EC360C that I received Ex Jarvis with 2000hrs or so on the clock.
Big thing for me is the speed and power is there.

New direction wise, I'm enjoying it. Still looking at jobs and problem solving, key thing is it's appreciated and I know that what I do is worthwhile and valued by those involved. Early days I'd admit but I've known the man for a couple of years now and I know he has my back... so I have his.
 
JD450A

JD450A

Moderattor🐾
Are you building a Castle? :unsure:
Haha, yes things to tell the generally nosey public....."theres a sandcastle competition and we are going to win". Also told a friend we where there to take away the sand to be washed :ROFLMAO:

Repairs to a damaged water outfall and removal of a damaged redundant one... The repairs where not possible due to the storms further damaging the pipe and so we've made safe and await future instruction, job for JW Baron who we are on a sort of rolling hire for atm, a honest and knowledgeable bloke like Tim was and i'm learning plenty each day with him which is what I was hoping would come of it. Nice job and Nice to be working on the beach side.... we do all the ditching inland of the culvert. ;)
 

Attachments

  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 357
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 350
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 329
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 343
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 327
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 364
JD450A

JD450A

Moderattor🐾
North Lagoons are dug, started firing 803 into the North Reedbed today. Pete down on the little 70LR is a fantastic operator, spot bollocks on the blade too. The thing with the gang that's here is we all wind up investing and being very committed to the job, which is nice as everyone is making it f****ng A1.

If your eagle eyed you'll spot the nemesis of my long reach on this job..... National grid overheads. Common sense is heavily involved here (the LR is the only machine actually capable of reaching a risk area with them, everything else is too short). Two Danger Bollards form my exclusion zone. There placed so I mustn't track beyond them, I put them there and I check them.

X series is lovely.... Finish is s**t... more on this at a later date but it's a real shame. Cracking tool, piss poor finish. I bet a Sany has a better finish quality :'( which is very very sad.... I need to go to JCB and PDI there machines I think. Soon sort that s**t out.
 

Attachments

  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 320
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 307
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 351
Conor

Conor

Well-known member
Rory complimenting a JCB, never thought I’d see the day 😂 good to see your doing something you enjoy, have a nice little long reach for you on a job over here 😬11810E67-80D4-4317-BEBD-FB1E0BA5587B.jpeg
 
JD450A

JD450A

Moderattor🐾
Rory complimenting a JCB, never thought I’d see the day 😂

Careful, I haven't passed comment on the finish yet.... And I will warn all in advance, it makes me very sad, very very sad :cry: Mostly because whilst I rate it highly as a machine I suspect a 5 year old Sany will have less "minor" issues that this one at 2 years old.

JCB seriously need to up there game on finishes and the add on's.... They have a worldbeating machine here but it is ruined by the likes of the fuel transfer pump, Paint issues, greasing points, fault codes, trim finishes among others (n) I would be first in line to buy a 13t X series, if they got the little problems squared away :eek:
 
Top