Getting Paid in Cash....

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
By the wagonload 😂 I'd love a scrounge round your yard :love:
I'll come with you, whenever you're passing Rory (y) ..... however, Mog might not be so keen on your bidding ... you're the king of the bargain buys ... most of the time :giggle:
 
JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
you're the king of the bargain buys ... most of the time :giggle:
Depends who it is and what it is..... going on my experience of Moggy I very much doubt he's one for asking more than something is worth. I will never beat someone down on price, all I ask for is that I get given one and then I will either say yes or no.
 
Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
I'll come with you, whenever you're passing Rory (y) ..... however, Mog might not be so keen on your bidding ... you're the king of the bargain buys ... most of the time :giggle:
Man after my own heart😉 I don’t like parting with my hard earned 😉
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Man after my own heart😉 I don’t like parting with my hard earned 😉
three peas in a pod then Mog :rolleyes:(y) ..... have always said (and on here a few times) ... if the price is right .... don't take the piss by trying to reduce it ... you'll get told to sod off and lose a bargain :cry:
 
craig

craig

Well-known member
There was a yard up here, some may know `Sanders machinery`, if somebody tried haggling the price, they where `asked` to leave the yard. :LOL:
 
JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
There was a yard up here, some may know `Sanders machinery`, if somebody tried haggling the price, they where `asked` to leave the yard. :LOL:
Theres a yard near me like that.

Had a dumper last year, beyond logical repair but ripe for either bits or restoration as in fairness it was a rare one... stuck it up for £150 which was it's scrap price..... had a joker arrive to try to offer me £100.... the face he made when I fired the 210 up and smacked it in the RoRo was f****ng quality
 
craig

craig

Well-known member
I know one bloke who when to this yard, and tried haggling, couldn't or wouldn't go back, and had to send one of his men to buy it, at the full asking price :LOL:
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Theres a yard near me like that.

Had a dumper last year, beyond logical repair but ripe for either bits or restoration as in fairness it was a rare one... stuck it up for £150 which was it's scrap price..... had a joker arrive to try to offer me £100.... the face he made when I fired the 210 up and smacked it in the RoRo was f****ng quality
tremendously satisfying :giggle:
a customer brought one of his mates in the shop one day ..... broken down on the side of a main road in a truck somewhere ... main fuel line fractured.
spent maybe 45 minutes performing a miracle on this steel pipe and asked the guy a modest sum ... basically 45 minutes labour at the time .. to which he replied it wasn't worth that ... his mate told him not to be such a *rick and pay .... it'd get him home and out of trouble ... still refused ... so screwed his fuel pipe up in a ball, tossed it to him and told him to " **** off and never come back "..... cost him a 100 quid tow in and a week's wait for a new pipe .......... he had the nerve to show his face again about 9 months later .....
"I told you to **** off and never come back .... I meant it ... now **** right off " :giggle::giggle:
 
pettsy

pettsy

Well-known member
Love hearing these stories. Everyone likes a deal but not at the expense of having someone’s shirt off their back!
 
Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
To be honest I have become very short with people when negotiating now as it is actually boring . What’s the best price what’s the last price. Best export price etc . We don’t put things up for 30 to get 27 we go for 30 to get 30 etc.
Got offered 36k today for a machine up for 44.5 ? Nearly choked on my caviar
 
Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
I love story’s like this .
We sold to a guy from Jamaca a few years ago actually it was @Casedriver old 3cx . The guy called me but when they arrived the lady was his like help and she had one of them hair things thst made her hair really tall like Marge from Simpson and he wasn’t what you would call a digger man. I have time for anybody though had to show them through the machine . Anyhow he bought it and then bought his mates to buy more. When he bought his mates they all said we need to go for a drink to celebrate buying this digger so we went to my local and alas we had the best afternoon they were a great craic . Never judge the digger trade in Jamaica is pretty high we have sent a lot of parts over since . They are all very laid back and great to deal with
Strangely enough this just came up as my google photo memory from 3 years ago
2C3D0480-6F1A-4DCC-927D-8FBDEFB7D134.jpeg
 
Nick...

Nick...

Well-known member
We had a neighbouring farmer in late 70s went to a land auction for 30 acres of arable land.he was the winning bidder and emptied carrier bags of cash in front of auctioneer.he was an Italian prisoner of war who stayed after ww2 and lived on a small farm and was self sufficient in everything.coukd hardly understand him either.long gone now but a lovely old man.mr caputo was his name.woukd never happen now
nick...
 
J

Jimoz

Well-known member
Think old mate in the red top might have had a spliff or 2?!

I recently took an offer on my place 10% less than asking. The agent thought it was a bit low but I snapped their hand off. I always think there is an element of negotiation built into agents property valuations. Besides they were FTB and nhs doctors in middle of a pamdemic/recession/coming depression. Contracts exchanged now so happy days. Can't be greedy.
 
D

DaveDCB

Well-known member
Tell him to go to his bank and pay it into his account than bacs is over to you. It’s his issue not yours 👍🏼
 
Cheneyjawa

Cheneyjawa

Member
Tell him to go to his bank and pay it into his account than bacs is over to you. It’s his issue not yours 👍🏼

Yes this is exactly what I asked him to do, it’s was the last thing I said to him & strangely I’ve not heard from him since!!

its not as if he can go and get something similar, what I have is fairly unique and most certainly there’s nothing about at that sort of money....

Im glad I’ve left it, he’s genuine I’m sure but I’m not sure there’s that many people that have 40k in cash lying about and certainly not many legitimate people that are shocked when you tell them you can’t take it!!
 
Top