Getting Paid in Cash....

Cheneyjawa

Cheneyjawa

Member
I'll apologise first but........
Knock owt off for cash 🀣🀣

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚NOπŸ˜³πŸ‘πŸ‘

However what this post has clearly identified is there’s a couple of quid to be earnt laundering some cash in the plant industry.......πŸ§πŸ§πŸ˜πŸ˜³πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
 
Canal Navvy

Canal Navvy

Well-known member
Used to be said "where there's muck there's brass" ........... government policy has turned the brass into a river of gold.
 
GazCro

GazCro

Well-known member
To be fair now i see what you're selling it's not as ridiculous as it seemed. I still wouldn't want to be hassled with that amount of cash but seeing as it's a leisure/hobby vehicle it could be a legit offer. As a few older tradesmen have said to me in the past "cash is ok but you've got to waste it" referring to the fact that you can't show trace of it anywhere or hmrc will be onto you. Easiest thing is have an expensive hobby.
 
craig

craig

Well-known member
To be fair now i see what you're selling it's not as ridiculous as it seemed. I still wouldn't want to be hassled with that amount of cash but seeing as it's a leisure/hobby vehicle it could be a legit offer. As a few older tradesmen have said to me in the past "cash is ok but you've got to waste it" referring to the fact that you can't show trace of it anywhere or hmrc will be onto you. Easiest thing is have an expensive hobby.
I was thinking the same once I seen what it was.
 
Cheneyjawa

Cheneyjawa

Member
To be fair now i see what you're selling it's not as ridiculous as it seemed. I still wouldn't want to be hassled with that amount of cash but seeing as it's a leisure/hobby vehicle it could be a legit offer. As a few older tradesmen have said to me in the past "cash is ok but you've got to waste it" referring to the fact that you can't show trace of it anywhere or hmrc will be onto you. Easiest thing is have an expensive hobby.

But with respect you’ve sort of missed my initial point.

Although it might look like it’s a leisure/hobby vehicle it is in fact a business assetπŸ‘€ therefore as I said I have to put it through the business and account for it as such....

Life would be so much easier had it have been a β€˜leisure/hobby’ vehicle and I had of purchased it personally, it is not and I did not!, therefore in this instance cash is not kingπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

(and it also still doesn’t change the fact someone with 40k in cash lying about that goes very quiet as soon as you say you can’t take it doesn’t really ring true....)
 
GazCro

GazCro

Well-known member
But with respect you’ve sort of missed my initial point.

Although it might look like it’s a leisure/hobby vehicle it is in fact a business assetπŸ‘€ therefore as I said I have to put it through the business and account for it as such....

Life would be so much easier had it have been a β€˜leisure/hobby’ vehicle and I had of purchased it personally, it is not and I did not!, therefore in this instance cash is not kingπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

(and it also still doesn’t change the fact someone with 40k in cash lying about that goes very quiet as soon as you say you can’t take it doesn’t really ring true....)
The point of buying such a vehicle as a business asset isn't lost on me to be fair. If you can put such a vehicle through you're business you'd be a fool not to do it. But if you're prospective buyer can't do the same or as in this case is wanting rid of a heap of cash which may have been siphoned off from a business they're not really bothered about you're circumstances. Ultimately if they really wanted it they would buy it but there's no way that amount of cash can be 100% legit. They clearly don't want a hmrc visit by the sounds of it.
 
Cheneyjawa

Cheneyjawa

Member
@Cheneyjawa You think the events industry is finished then or will you buy another is 2021/22?

Albeit the events industry is in serious trouble I don’t think for one minute it is finished.

The events industry as a whole contributes 70bn to the UK economy so that alone shows what sort of impact it has on most of our lives, its not just trade shows (where I am directly involved), but football, rugby, horse racing, concerts, theatre......the list goes on!

I think the issue the events industry faces is one of trying to survive the period (whatever the period will be), sadly (as we see in the trade show sector now) there are now companies making huge redundancies which will most likely be followed by those companies going out of business.

For us we’re very lucky in as much we’ve been going for over 35 year’s, we have no rents to pay, we have no borrowings and we have a very strong foundation so fingers crossed we’ll ride the storm and come out the other side into a very different marketplace.

As far as my truck is concerned I’m not selling it due to this crisis!, over the last couple of years our circumstances have changed which means I don’t need such a big truck, I’m selling this and going to get something a little smaller.πŸ˜πŸ‘
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Last edited:
Cheneyjawa

Cheneyjawa

Member
that really is some bit different/special .. very nice ....... could you fit a GL1500 Goldwing in the 'garage' bit ? :unsure: .. take it that's got the straight six turbo motor in it ? what does it weigh as it stands there? ... I like that :love: ...... you take cash ;):giggle::giggle: ....on edit .... ooops ... hadn't read the rest of the posts :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
could you fit a GL1500 Goldwing in the 'garage' bit ? Easily!, you might need a winch though to get her up some ramps into there😁

take it that's got the straight six turbo motor in it ? - It certainly has, and it goes like a train, unrestricted it’ll cruise along all day at 80mph😳

what does it weigh as it stands there? - about 6t, 7.5t (or maybe just overπŸ‘€πŸ˜³) fully loaded with water, bikes etc etc

you take cash ;):giggle::giggle: ....NO, NO ,NO ,NO, NO, NOπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ‘
 
J

Jimoz

Well-known member
I'd of thought if the companies expected to be going bang they wouldn't be making their staff redundant. Better to go insolvent and let HMRC pay all that
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
- It certainly has, and it goes like a train, unrestricted it’ll cruise along all day at 80mph
and circa 11MPG ..... my 180hp Iveco would do twenty one MPG at 55mph .. empty or loaded - with or without 3.5t behind it ... was down to 13mpg at 60+mph :cry: .... everyone was banned from doing more than 50mph in it ...... at pain of death :giggle:
 
Cheneyjawa

Cheneyjawa

Member
and circa 11MPG ..... my 180hp Iveco would do twenty one MPG at 55mph .. empty or loaded - with or without 3.5t behind it ... was down to 13mpg at 60+mph :cry: .... everyone was banned from doing more than 50mph in it ...... at pain of death :giggle:

When I go racing with my old man he conservatively drives around at 55mph, when I drive it at 65/70mph the look on his face is sign enough.......πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚, especially when we’re coming back from EuropeπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
When I go racing with my old man he conservatively drives around at 55mph, when I drive it at 65/70mph the look on his face is sign enough.......πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚, especially when we’re coming back from EuropeπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
what route do you use for ferries? and what does it cost to get that across the ditch :unsure:... it is a lovely looking rig, fair play ..... could get a lot of toys stashed in the back of that and still be very comfortable (y):cool::love:
 
Cheneyjawa

Cheneyjawa

Member
Always Dover - CalaisπŸ™„, my old man is very old school and insistsπŸ™„, saying that I did get him on the tunnel once when we had to get back from a European MX round quickly to a British round, he hated every minute of it, however he did become quite a specialist on cheap ferries, something like he used to book a block of crossings as a camper van, we did sometimes get some funny looks when we rocked up at Dover/CalaisπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚, we’ve had some great times in it though, we’ve had 7 in there, 3 bikes in the back, full of water food & beer and it was like home from homeπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

In fact I sold my house a few years back, had no where to go but felt sorry for the old couple buying mine as they were in a chain, I packed my house up on 15 pallets, put them into storage and moved into the race truck, me, my wife and three dogs.......we were in there, parked outside work for 6 months!!!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
 
diggerjones

diggerjones

Well-known member
Always Dover - CalaisπŸ™„, my old man is very old school and insistsπŸ™„, saying that I did get him on the tunnel once when we had to get back from a European MX round quickly to a British round, he hated every minute of it, however he did become quite a specialist on cheap ferries, something like he used to book a block of crossings as a camper van, we did sometimes get some funny looks when we rocked up at Dover/CalaisπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚, we’ve had some great times in it though, we’ve had 7 in there, 3 bikes in the back, full of water food & beer and it was like home from homeπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

In fact I sold my house a few years back, had no where to go but felt sorry for the old couple buying mine as they were in a chain, I packed my house up on 15 pallets, put them into storage and moved into the race truck, me, my wife and three dogs.......we were in there, parked outside work for 6 months!!!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Have you ever done the swiss pre 65 motor x
 
Cheneyjawa

Cheneyjawa

Member
Have you ever done the swiss pre 65 motor x

I did the European Classic MX Championship for 4 years, went as far up as Sweden, as far over as Czech and most countries in between!, however never Switzerland although I had some very close racing with a great Swiss bloke called Dani Nussli!, i won a few races and my best championship finish was 5th.

However my best European result and a real favourite of mine every year was the Dutch Pre65 GP in Lochem, Holland, every year I entered 2 classes on two different bikes, one race straight after the other, I won all my races the one year on both bikes and came away as the Dutch GP Champion!.....happy days they were😁😁😁
 
Top