Electric vehicles

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
its the over inflated cost of their £14ph fitter that causes the issue
if only ....... you left a zero off the end of that labour charge Ross :oops::mad: ...... and some one has to pay for the terrazzo floor and gleaming tiled walls

doobin

doobin

if only ....... you left a zero off the end of that labour charge Ross :oops::mad: ...... and some one has to pay for the terrazzo floor and gleaming tiled walls
He means the fitter gets 14/hr, but charged out at £100 plus.

Regy53

Regy53

Administrator

He means the fitter gets 14/hr, but charged out at £100 plus.

Yep exactly that . When your being charged £100 plus a hour it kills the cars off. Land Rover are somthing like £140 a hour now. They have just built a beautiful purpose built dealership near me for some crazy cost. (20 mil I think) who’s the mugs paying for it

When I bought my Audi , they couldn’t find it on site. Oh it was just one of about 50 cars on the roof terrace. Labour has got far to extreme and forces us into replacing cars sooner I think

For the OP , have you tried Mr Clutch

D

Diggerdavey

I would suggest speaking to friends and family to get a recommendation for a good, reliable local garage. I’m sure the car would be repairable at a reasonable cost and save it from the scrap heap. A lot of these National chains have higher labour rates than good independent garages and recommendations are better than glossy National advertising in my opinion. I’m sure it’s worth getting a quote to repair it before resigning it to scrap

pettsy

pettsy

What’s the saying...A fool and their money are easily parted!?

Clutch is a consumable item, no way would I scrap a vehicle just because it needed one!

F

fred

test driving the new ioniq5 next week. 300 miles range and it can power the mitre saw on site apparently!