Electric vehicles

Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
This may be a bit sad, I'm interested to know if anybody has any electric cars?
I have just bought through the business as 100% tax deduction

When you work out the cost vs say my old 2011 range rover it is staggering.

You need to do a couple of bits, one is get a price plan from a electric supplier which will give you economy 7 style price plans. Set the car to automatically charge between certain time in my case 12-4.30 am at 7kw then you can charge at 5p per KW and some cars will do 4 miles per kw. My route to work is around 8 miles so a net cost of 20p a day. or call it 30p and give myself some cover

My range costs me (per month)

£250 fuel
£50 tax
£83 depreciation minimum
£100 repairs and rubbish

Total £483 a month

A Audi Etron (80k car)

Tax - £0
finance is around £900 a month with 10k down
Tax saving is worth £316 a month overall

Range costs £483

Etron costs £900 minus £483 range costs minus £316 tax = net cost £101 a month for a brand new car with warranty.

You need a deposit ( mine will come from range sale) or buy outright and actually save money .

My man math is on point.

Last edited:
Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
Sounds good. People who do a much longer commute can really save on fuel costs.
Are you buying or leasing? It is so difficult to know what depreciation will be on electric cars as most haven’t been around long enough.

hiluxman

hiluxman

My older ranger rover is better. Put £20 in it go some miles then put another £20 in it. Was old when I bought it and costs bugger all other than derv. It does same or more mpg than any thing else I own. And get there in comfort...what's not to like about old shite. Lol

Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
Sounds good. People who do a much longer commute can really save on fuel costs.
Are you buying or leasing? It is so difficult to know what depreciation will be on electric cars as most haven’t been around long enough.

I bought, worst case is i will lose my deposit. which was £10k. did it over PCP. I dont see any issue with regards to depreciation. They are here to stay now the technology is moving on which will be the biggest killer. They drive wonderful. So nice. A few of my friends who are reps for dealers are being pushed to the electric route.

I dont actually do many miles but even then its still cheap. The more you do the more you save.

Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
My older ranger rover is better. Put £20 in it go some miles then put another £20 in it. Was old when I bought it and costs bugger all other than derv. It does same or more mpg than any thing else I own. And get there in comfort...what's not to like about old shite. Lol
My range fell from 17k to 12k net worth in 18 months :D and cost me around 2k in repairs and rubbish along the way.... I never worked it out like that but its surprising how much it costs for a 10 year old car

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
My range fell from 17k to 12k net worth in 18 months :D and cost me around 2k in repairs and rubbish along the way.... I never worked it out like that but its surprising how much it costs for a 10 year old car
not just any 10yr old motor though is it Ross :rolleyes:;)

hiluxman

hiluxman

I bought it for 5k, still worth 7k today. 2008 tdv8. Think it's been here nearly 4 years now. My 2005 one I bought and ran for 2 years and drew profit on that.

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
Rather have this for £1000 tbh, makes noise, smoke and will go 300 miles on £80.
1625170293916.png

Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
I get the older scene, I dont really use the car in anger for work use like a lot of you guys but like my larger cars and toys.

My car is a TDV8 4.4 is stunning but is also getting on. The point was to show how much value there is now in electric. Its made up with 100% tax deduction however shows how hard the push is from government.

Apparently 1 in 8 cars bought is now electric casing a 12% reduction in co2 each year

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

I get the older scene, I dont really use the car in anger for work use like a lot of you guys but like my luxury etc.

My car is a TDV8 4.4 is stunning but is also getting on. The point was to show how much value there is now in electric. Its made up with 100% tax deduction however shows how hard the push is from goverment.

Aparently 1 in 8 cars bought is now electric casing a 12% reduction in co2 each year
Very interesting maths👍
Got couple of hybrids at work but they purely tax Dodgers so it's inevitable for company car drivers to be in leccys .
Need a charger myself for wife's new chariot.

So been looking into it, seems it's £500 ish squid basically unless you buy cheapo one and bung it in yourself like I was planning to.

Issue is if you don't notify dno and pop the fuse things could get fun.
Charging is definitely going to be the issue here...until they upgraded you can't install a charger at looped supply properties..so that's a few million folk in terraces knocked out...some massive infrastructure improvements needed...which can't be bad for plant game?
But there's deffo some realism that's not hitting the press about leccy infrastructure
My two pennyworth.

Powerfab

Powerfab

I've this arriving as a company car at the end of the month 😎

6f293125043efe34b315b9e0b718e02e_w960.jpg

Replacing a 3yr old 2ltr Passat, the benefit in kind taxation makes an electric car a no brainer if you can live with the range of the car.
If I had opted for a replacement 2.0d Passat the tax would have been £325 /mth. The iD4 is £23/mth. That's a tax saving of just under £11k over the next 3yrs lease period.

This is the government plan to introduce electric vehicles. Tax the petrol and diesel cars to the hilt and make electric the only viable option for company fleets. Fleets buy in bulk and drive the market, bringing more onto the 3yr old second hand market where the costs are more affordable for joe public.

The interesting bit will be in 10yrs from now when electric cars are the majority new purchases and government is not getting tax revenue. They cannot tax the fuel as there would be an outcry about fuel poverty if electric prices increase significantly.
The answer is going to be some form of pay per mile taxation.

Whatever happens the next 10 yrs are going to see a completely different transport fuel mix.

R

Russell

I bought it for 5k, still worth 7k today. 2008 tdv8. Think it's been here nearly 4 years now. My 2005 one I bought and ran for 2 years and drew profit on that.
I can't see me making a profit on my one but I do love it, you can't beat having a V8.
Also for a petrol it's not too bad, I'm getting 14-15 mpg or 350 miles for £100.

B

bobthebuilder

i think the elecy car will not deprciate alot in 3 years

Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
ds at work but they purely tax Dodgers so it's inevitable for company car drivers to be in leccys .
Need a charger myself for wife's new chariot.

So been looking into it, seems it's £500 ish squid basically unless you buy cheapo one and bung it in yourself like I was planning to.

Issue is if you don't notify dno and pop the fuse things could get fun.
Charging is definitely going to be the issue here...until they upgraded you can't install a charger at looped supply properties..so that's a few million folk in terraces knocked out...some massive infrastructure improvements needed...which can't be bad for plant game?
But there's deffo some realism that's not hitting the press about leccy infrastructure
I am lucky with the car I bought I get a power pod thing for free (7kw?) or its around £550 installed, it all adds up but my eyes are wide open its the future. I still have two v8's :D
Here's one
179577782_10165456540770122_6103361801060998782_n.jpg

I've this arriving as a company car at the end of the month 😎

View attachment 25720

Replacing a 3yr old 2ltr Passat, the benefit in kind taxation makes an electric car a no brainer if you can live with the range of the car.
If I had opted for a replacement 2.0d Passat the tax would have been £325 /mth. The iD4 is £23/mth. That's a tax saving of just under £11k over the next 3yrs lease period.

This is the government plan to introduce electric vehicles. Tax the petrol and diesel cars to the hilt and make electric the only viable option for company fleets. Fleets buy in bulk and drive the market, bringing more onto the 3yr old second hand market where the costs are more affordable for joe public.

The interesting bit will be in 10yrs from now when electric cars are the majority new purchases and government is not getting tax revenue. They cannot tax the fuel as there would be an outcry about fuel poverty if electric prices increase significantly.
The answer is going to be some form of pay per mile taxation.

Whatever happens the next 10 yrs are going to see a completely different transport fuel mix.

I have also just bought a Skoda Enyaq, full electric to replace something else. Beautiful car for the cost and same man math came out. If we regularly did 250 miles plus a day both would be a issue. What spec id4 did you go

Routy56

Routy56

Sharon has a Toyota Yaris Hybrid from nearly new 😎
Zero road tax and no range anxiety.
Don’t think the UK have the charge infrastructure in place yet to go fully electric 🧐
We love the Yaris and would have another one in a heartbeat.
But our next one will be a Hybrid PHEV of some description 😎

hiluxman

hiluxman

I can't see me making a profit on my one but I do love it, you can't beat having a V8.
Also for a petrol it's not too bad, I'm getting 14-15 mpg or 350 miles for £100.
My old one was a 4.4 ajv8. I loved every mile in it. It only went as my insurance company decided to be nobs over it and class it same as a ferrari. Then the year after they said it was fine.

Powerfab

Powerfab

Sharon has a Toyota Yaris Hybrid from nearly new 😎
Zero road tax and no range anxiety.
Don’t think the UK have the charge infrastructure in place yet to go fully electric 🧐
We love the Yaris and would have another one in a heartbeat.
But our next one will be a Hybrid PHEV of some description 😎

Wife had Golf GTE hybrid up until 2 mths ago. We bought it at the time for the same reason, unsure of the risks going full electric. As a plug in hybrid it did 35miles on battery alone. Wife only works 7 miles from home, as a result we were plugging in at home to charge and she ran all week on electric, we only put fuel in the tank about every 4mths.

As a result, 2 mths ago we changed for a Peugeot 208e. Full electric 200+ range. Absolutely beautiful car and no range anxiety.
By the end of the month we'll be a two car electric family. No going back, electrons are the future.