Druidic Dabblings and General Twaddle !!

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
well as said elsewhere ...... a certain few items turned up here yesterday
...... arrived tonight, by Mog-express(y) .. been sat chatting with the man over tea .. his truck's sat on the patch tonight;):giggle:
't were a tad dark this morning ... WP_20220110_08_00_20_Pro.jpg
but better after a cuppa and a chance for it to lighten up a bit ..... WP_20220110_09_13_21_Pro.jpg
some crane ... WP_20220110_09_13_55_Pro.jpg and truck ... had a brief demo last night, unloading a pallet of con rods an' a piston ... glad the gudgeon pin didn't land on me trotter when Mog dropped it down on't deck :oops:

Wouldn't have been Wales if it hadn't pissed down, as I was seeing the man off this morning :rolleyes::(:mad:

V8Druid

V8Druid

Attachments

• IMG_3327.jpg
    IMG_3327.jpg
    310.9 KB · Views: 74
V8Druid

V8Druid

this is what you call a gudgeon pin
WP_20220111_09_35_24_Pro.jpg

been a tad damp yet again today, 'til late ibn the day... at which point I had to collect Clara ... so still not gotten into this for a look
WP_20220111_09_35_45_Pro.jpg

appears to be summat large and round in the middle ?
WP_20220111_09_35_55_Pro.jpg

gonna have to wait again tomorrow, despite it being forecast nice for the day ... in Cardiff most of the day for a DEXA scan, bloods and 90 minutes in the MRI scanner tube :( ... keeping my sh*t together :rolleyes::censored: ... don't like small, tight spaces ... and they'm both :oops:

D

DaveDCB

@V8Druid The question before you enter the MRI ‘have you ever had any metal fragments in you’ always worries me!! Especially when the machine fires up, just waiting for my eyeball to be ripped out!! That said I nearly fell asleep in the thing last week…

V8Druid

V8Druid

@V8Druid The question before you enter the MRI ‘have you ever had any metal fragments in you’ always worries me!! Especially when the machine fires up, just waiting for my eyeball to be ripped out!! That said I nearly fell asleep in the thing last week…
LOL ... if only ...... :LOL: .... have been in all sorts of makes ... the Philips in the Royal Free was the biggest and the Siemens in our local hospital was the smallest - and that is tight .... God knows how they get anyone BIG in a Siemens
last one, the woman before me had an eppy and they had to give up after a few tries ..... she was white when they eventually gave up and she came out of the suite, visibly rattled. That one was a Siemens and was 'kin tight ... she was much slenderer than me :oops: ..... i just close my eyes and concentrate on being somewhere else - anywhere!! :rolleyes:

yeh the metal Q was a worry -- several scans ago .... they X-rayed my eyes when I said yes ..... and found now't, so now I just quote the previous x-ray and scans, with no incidents since ... seems to keep 'em happy

Right .... gotta burger off to Cardiff ... will hopefully be home later..........rather than ending up on the ward for a week, on Morphine, like what happened on the last visit there, when the radiologist/sonologist moved a gall stone and kicked off a pancreatitis attack ... no one is coming near me today - end of :mad:

Last edited:
Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Just don't think of Bonds watch and the eyeball...."it really blew his mind" 😜

Stubota86

Stubota86

LOL ... if only ...... :LOL: .... have been in all sorts of makes ... the Philips in the Royal Free was the biggest and the Siemens in our local hospital was the smallest - and that is tight .... God knows how they get anyone BIG in a Siemens
last one, the woman before me had an eppy and they had to give up after a few tries ..... she was white when they eventually gave up and she came out of the suite, visibly rattled. That one was a Siemens and was 'kin tight ... she was much slenderer than me :oops: ..... i just close my eyes and concentrate on being somewhere else - anywhere!! :rolleyes:

yeh the metal Q was a worry -- several scans ago .... they X-rayed my eyes when I said yes ..... and found now't, so now I just quote the previous x-ray and scans, with no incidents since ... seems to keep 'em happy

Right .... gotta burger off to Cardiff ... will hopefully be home later..........rather than ending up on the ward for a week, on Morphine, like what happened on the last visit there, when the radiologist/sonologist moved a gall stone and kicked off a pancreatitis attack ... no one is coming near me today - end of :mad:

All the best for today Druid

pettsy

pettsy

@V8Druid The question before you enter the MRI ‘have you ever had any metal fragments in you’ always worries me!! Especially when the machine fires up, just waiting for my eyeball to be ripped out!! That said I nearly fell asleep in the thing last
week…

I was Exactly the same! Tried to figure how long I was in there from the music tracks then realised they didn’t play a full song 🤣

V8Druid

V8Druid

All the best for today Druid
Cheers for that Stu .....
wasn't so much a long day, as it seemed like a long day - if you follow.. ...
left here just before 11.30 for a 45 mile trip ..... traffic shite ... lots of new/revised speed limits (2 years since i was last there) .. got there at just after 1 and only just in time for the DEXA appointment ...
young (and pretty) radiologis,t went to town on that ...
" have you had any bone and marrow biopsies? " ...
"three" ...
" so I see, did it hurt?
"
"I wouldn't volunteer for another in a hurry .... nearly pulled the radiator I was hanging on to, off the wall, on the third attempt " :oops:
" I've heard they're not good " ...
apparently she's on the register as a donor, but'd never spoken to some one who'd had one ... seemed unimpressed :rolleyes::giggle:

She finished about 13.55 and I raced round the outside of the hospital to t'other side to get to phlebotomy -- sod going through the middle of it .. air was fresh (sort of) outside ... none of the usual queueing .. straight in and had my choice of three, all eager to stick a needle in me and suck out 5 vials of the best Druid red stuff :giggle: ....
had all the paperwork for it all in the post weeks ago ....
they were a bit surprised that I wanted 'em all, to leave with, but complied, after I'd explained I was meeting an LSDU nurse at 14.10, so she could take 'em straight to the lab to be spun up within 20 minutes of being drawn ...
summat special, they look for, that doesn't survive long out of a Druid.:rolleyes:

shot down the corridor to the outpatient's clinics for the rendezvous with 'Jemma' and handed over the specimens (red and yellow;)) ... quick chinwag over me weight (have gained 2ks :oops: over chrimbo/s**t weather these last few weeks) ... got told I was 81kgs at the DEXA weigh in .. and the general " how are you? " stuff ... then legged it back outside to the car for a bite to eat, 'fore the MRI at 15.00.

Checked into radiology reception at five to and got sent off down the corridor to the relevant location .... accepted the previous MRI x-ray results as now' in me eyes and I was in the tube by 3 o'clock ... after an hour or so laid motionless doing al the breathing stuff as required, I needed a break - stiff as a board - for a stretch ... then on we go ... another 50 minutes later, the voice in the phones said " one more ... be about 3 minutes and we're done " ...... whizz, bang , whirr ... machine went quiet and I laid there waiting for 'em to come and extract me ..... and waited .. and waited .....
Radiologist eeeeventually came in and slid me out an' I said " I thought you'd all gone home and forgotten about me! LOL "
" No, got collared by a doctor on the way in, sorry about that " :rolleyes::oops:
After a full two hours in there I'd had more than enough for one day .... glad to say the new Emag scanner was bigger than most ... could've fitted Billy Bunter in there - so not so tight as usual and a lot less claustrophobic, but I felt like I'd been run over by a D8 ... they ain't built for comfort.
Grabbed me gear and legged it back to the car park for a well earned fag, 'fore heading home, after ringing Pam to say I'd escaped unscathed this time, and not to wait for her tea, as I doubted I'd be home 'fore half six at best ...... was a good guess .. traffic was lousy - I hate it even more than I used to. Glad I do not have to do that everyday!!

Got back, had me tea and collapsed in a chair for the evening .... really knackered me, considering it hadn't really been 'that ' long a day ?

didn't stir 'til well after 9 this morning and the D8 had been downgraded to a D5 :giggle: ... wouldn't think that lying still for a couple of hours could be so exhausting :LOL: or punitive on the body ... 'spose the mileage is starting to show :rolleyes::)
beautiful morning, although a still a tad white ... refilled the wood baskets, brekky and then tackled these ......
for the third time in a fortnight ...
reckon they must've imported a TBM from somewhere, the size of 'em ...:oops:o_O
WP_20220113_13_25_31_Pro.jpg

not quite as bad as the 30 odd I cleared up last time ... a good four shovelfuls each though :mad: .....

then :giggle:...... time to unwrap .. a delivery .....
WP_20220113_13_55_23_Pro.jpgWP_20220113_13_57_00_Pro.jpgWP_20220113_13_57_06_Pro.jpgWP_20220113_13_57_18_Pro.jpg
pix don't really do these justice .... they's a lump
WP_20220113_14_06_34_Pro.jpg

which took some wrestling into a box .....

WP_20220113_14_12_32_Pro.jpg
WP_20220113_14_12_37_Pro.jpg

reckon the big end is circa oxy bottle size ....
was too knackered after wrestling these in to be bothered to unlock a box, with a tape or calipers in, to measure today .... and had the little 'un arriving shortly, so all hands were required 'on deck' !!

humped this in ....
with a lot less effort ..
WP_20220113_14_12_21_Pro.jpg

locked up and reported for duty on the child minding front ..
or at least the assisting granny, child minding front ...

Harper is not keen on having anything to do with grand dad ATM ...
get too close and she goes into full howl mode ...
Clara was the same for a while to start with ....
she'll come around, but it does currently mean that I just need to keep granny supplied with whatever, rather than getting left holding the baby for prolonged periods, like a human cot !! ......
doubt it'll last long though :rolleyes: and they'll both be vying for grand dad's attentions:giggle:

V8Druid

V8Druid

well having cleared up the mole's 'labours' ..... I had to do it all again a week later :mad:
WP_20220120_13_23_13_Pro.jpg

followed by yet another go a day later
WP_20220122_12_42_33_Pro.jpg

a full barrow on both occasions :mad: ... me an' mr Mole're gonna have to have a conversation .... the ba***rd's back again this morning 🤬🤬

'S that time of year again .....
WP_20220122_14_35_39_Pro.jpg

advisory / 'get it done', last year (even though 'twere only a film of grease on the boot), was the CV boot (reading the comment you'd expect to see it shredded and grease everywhere)
I'd looked at it last year on the ramp and thought - " you'm getting ****ing picky Chris! " ... kept a weather eye on it through the year and hadn't gotten any worse, but as it was on the ticket, I had to get it sorted:(

the offending split ....o_O
WP_20220122_14_34_59_Pro.jpg

and that was all :( .... if i coul've found it on the vehicle I'd have cleaned/degreased it and super glued the bugger

so it had to come apart, as i'd gone to the effort of extricating it and acquiring a new one.
WP_20220122_14_34_51_Pro.jpg

two years :oops: since I had the hub carrier out for the swivels, so was a bit of an effort - again ...
did for yon boot so i could get a better handle on splitting the lil' bar steward
WP_20220122_15_30_44_Pro.jpg

without that axle tube end seal flange, job'd've been a POP ..... with it meant splitting the CV off the half shaft and them little wire clips that keep 'em together are absolute ba***rds to get started / collapsed enough to withdraw the shaft out .. :cry:

after some attempts free hand :rolleyes: a little more finesse/sophistication was required and Mr Harrison was brought into play .....
WP_20220122_15_53_51_Pro.jpg

together with a bit of cunning, some packers, couple of wedges, a large spacer block and a 2lb hammer .... sadly no pic as I didn't have a free hand :rolleyes: ... was well pleased with the ingenuity (and result:giggle:) .....pop it went!
WP_20220122_16_01_02_Pro.jpg

damned good clean of everything and .....
WP_20220122_16_12_16_Pro.jpg

re-introduce the half shaft to the CV ...... stiffest bloody boot I've ever encountered :mad::mad: ... bloody shaft took some getting back into the cross boss and holding the boot out the way so's I could actually see WTF was occurring :(
three sachets of grease and new clip
WP_20220122_16_49_49_Pro.jpg

and ready to go back on ......

job for this morning, beaten by the light, as didn't start on it yesterday, 'til the sun'd come round onto me patch a bit .... was 'kin white first thing and as usual, always summat else 'needed doin' ' :rolleyes:
gathered up me gear and stashed for the night
WP_20220122_17_13_30_Pro.jpg

bloody cool and foggy this morning .. everything got cleaned, lubed and copper-slipped, ready to go back together - once the fog'd burgered off a bit -- no rush -- I'm retired!! :giggle::giggle: ........ an' it's Sunday :rolleyes::)
WP_20220123_12_21_28_Pro.jpg

WP_20220123_12_17_37_Pro.jpg

went together sweet as with nice clean, slippery surfaces, everything dogged back in place and sorted by the time Clara, et al arrived, 'Bout two, including having it up in the air, front and back to grease the props (and me brake pipes - like to keep them well plastered - old skool :giggle:) .... 's out on the 27th, but couldn't get a test 'fore the 31st ... (well i do have one booked for 14.00 Tuesday, but that's Vicki's slot ... needs her motor more than me - ) and even had time to set fire to a binful of Pam's garden rubbish (helped along with a few greasy rags an' a pint of kero) :giggle:

Pam caught me watching the fire and having a warm .....
WP_20220123_13_12_08_Pro.jpg

always manages to come along when i'm doing the least ...... the fact that i'd finished the Rangey and it'd all been torched, ready for the next bucketful was immaterial :rolleyes::giggle:

Stock

Stock

well having cleared up the mole's 'labours' ..... I had to do it all again a week later :mad:
View attachment 31578

View attachment 31579

a full barrow on both occasions :mad: ... me an' mr Mole're gonna have to have a conversation .... the ba***rd's back again this morning 🤬🤬

View attachment 31585
advisory / 'get it done', last year (even though 'twere only a film of grease on the boot), was the CV boot (reading the comment you'd expect to see it shredded and grease everywhere)
I'd looked at it last year on the ramp and thought - " you'm getting ****ing picky Chris! " ... kept a weather eye on it through the year and hadn't gotten any worse, but as it was on the ticket, I had to get it sorted:(

View attachment 31583

and that was all :( .... if i coul've found it on the vehicle I'd have cleaned/degreased it and super glued the bugger

so it had to come apart, as i'd gone to the effort of extricating it and acquiring a new one.
View attachment 31582
two years :oops: since I had the hub carrier out for the swivels, so was a bit of an effort - again ...
did for yon boot so i could get a better handle on splitting the lil' bar steward
View attachment 31586
without that axle tube end seal flange, job'd've been a POP ..... with it meant splitting the CV off the half shaft and them little wire clips that keep 'em together are absolute ba***rds to get started / collapsed enough to withdraw the shaft out .. :cry:

after some attempts free hand :rolleyes: a little more finesse/sophistication was required and Mr Harrison was brought into play .....
View attachment 31588
together with a bit of cunning, some packers, couple of wedges, a large spacer block and a 2lb hammer .... sadly no pic as I didn't have a free hand :rolleyes: ... was well pleased with the ingenuity (and result:giggle:) .....pop it went!
View attachment 31589
View attachment 31590
re-introduce the half shaft to the CV ...... stiffest bloody boot I've ever encountered :mad::mad: ... bloody shaft took some getting back into the cross boss and holding the boot out the way so's I could actually see WTF was occurring :(
View attachment 31591

job for this morning, beaten by the light, as didn't start on it yesterday, 'til the sun'd come round onto me patch a bit .... was 'kin white first thing and as usual, always summat else 'needed doin' ' :rolleyes:
View attachment 31592

bloody cool and foggy this morning .. everything got cleaned, lubed and copper-slipped, ready to go back together - once the fog'd burgered off a bit -- no rush -- I'm retired!! :giggle::giggle: ........ an' it's Sunday :rolleyes::)
View attachment 31594
View attachment 31593
went together sweet as with nice clean, slippery surfaces, everything dogged back in place and sorted by the time Clara, et al arrived, 'Bout two, including having it up in the air, front and back to grease the props (and me brake pipes - like to keep them well plastered - old skool :giggle:) .... 's out on the 27th, but couldn't get a test 'fore the 31st ... (well i do have one booked for 14.00 Tuesday, but that's Vicki's slot ... needs her motor more than me - ) and even had time to set fire to a binful of Pam's garden rubbish (helped along with a few greasy rags an' a pint of kero) :giggle:

View attachment 31596
always manages to come along when i'm doing the least ...... the fact that i'd finished the Rangey and it'd all been torched, ready for the next bucketful was immaterial :rolleyes::giggle:
This is no fudging good, you playing with the precious and no pictures..............................................................................................................................

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

View attachment 31578

View attachment 31579

View attachment 31585

View attachment 31583

View attachment 31582
View attachment 31586

View attachment 31588
View attachment 31589
View attachment 31590
View attachment 31591

View attachment 31592

View attachment 31594
View attachment 31593

View attachment 31596
Bungy strap👌
Get a couple of scissor traps...I got 5 of the critters a year or so back in our field. Dead easy