Couple of dozer pics

6feetdown

Just think Drott, but smaller and much faster. That T76 is about five tonnes, so close to a IH B75 or a Bristol drott, but with a lot more power. It’s obviously not going to cut the ground from under a 963 or even an old 943, but having had that little bit of lever time, I think with a bit of imagination it would be handier for stripping soil or levelling smaller areas of stone or soil, or even grading with a box blade on the front, than reaching for a 360 every time.

It was a dream to level with even without using any machine guidance. After backfill, I got the area as tidy with the 4in 1 as the demonstrator did with the grader attachment (have to admit that he was rushing). Then you have the advantage of a multitude of attachments on one tool carrier.

they are expensive, but how expensive is a 6 - 8 tonne machine with guidance and tilt rotator?
I still like the look of the Mecalec mcr, would be good to try 1 out

6feetdown

That demo operator was impressive. I could have watched him for longer. It’s certainly one for a dedicated operator, you couldn’t stick just anyone in it and expect to earn your money back.
I didn't see that 1 being used 🙄

A

AusDave

Had a few minutes on this Bobcat T76 today at Plantworx, just before chucking out time. Had to admit it was a weapon. Bobcat offer the option of torsion bar suspension or none. This one had it fitted. The 4in 1 was nice, had bolt on edges on the bottom of the blade and the trailing edge of the apron. Even the 963 doesn’t have that. I could quite happily spend all day on one of these.

View attachment 48463View attachment 48464
It's a shame you Brits don't have the opportunity to use anything bigger than will go on a light trailer behind a van or SUV.
In Australia builders, plumbers, landscapers and earthmovers such as myself have access to a plethora of light to heavy single axle trucks ranging from 4.5 to 16 tonne GVM which can carry earthmoving equipment weighing up to 9 tonnes on the back.

The truck is often a tipper which means you can carry away your muck and bring in crushed rock and other materials including bagged and palleted loads which you can load and unload from the truck with your earthmoving equipment. I have a HIAB on my truck which reaches out 10m and will lift over 400kg at that full stretch. Man is that handy, I would never have a truck with out a crane... and a tipper... with fold down sides :)

Hardly anyone uses dumpers, for big loads you use the truck, for onsite carrying used a wheeled or tracked skidsteer. Most trades which move or dig earth have an excavator from 1.5 to 8 tonnes and a skidsteer loader which weighs around 2.5 to 5 tonnes.

I have some 3.5 tonne JCB 1CX machines and as well as the 11 tonne Haulotte Multijob which drives itself to jobs. The 1CX is 1.5m wide which works well in confined spaces and I rarely encounter a job where I don't use the full capabilities of both ends of the machine. With a skidsteer and backhoe combined my 1CX can use virtually any Bobcat style skidsteer attachment as well as any excavator attachment. Accordingly I have 4 in one buckets, spreader bars, grader, rockbreaker, auger, concrete crusher, slasher, 3 Point Linkage adapter etc.

I know some sites in the UK are pretty tight but when I see tiny excavators and dumpers on open sites it makes me cringe seeing how inefficient and time consuming such jobs are. All because you can't have decent trucks without a lot of hassle :(

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

It's a shame you Brits don't have the opportunity to use anything bigger than will go on a light trailer behind a van or SUV.
In Australia builders, plumbers, landscapers and earthmovers such as myself have access to a plethora of light to heavy single axle trucks ranging from 4.5 to 16 tonne GVM which can carry earthmoving equipment weighing up to 9 tonnes on the back.

The truck is often a tipper which means you can carry away your muck and bring in crushed rock and other materials including bagged and palleted loads which you can load and unload from the truck with your earthmoving equipment. I have a HIAB on my truck which reaches out 10m and will lift over 400kg at that full stretch. Man is that handy, I would never have a truck with out a crane... and a tipper... with fold down sides :)

Hardly anyone uses dumpers, for big loads you use the truck, for onsite carrying used a wheeled or tracked skidsteer. Most trades which move or dig earth have an excavator from 1.5 to 8 tonnes and a skidsteer loader which weighs around 2.5 to 5 tonnes.

I have some 3.5 tonne JCB 1CX machines and as well as the 11 tonne Haulotte Multijob which drives itself to jobs. The 1CX is 1.5m wide which works well in confined spaces and I rarely encounter a job where I don't use the full capabilities of both ends of the machine. With a skidsteer and backhoe combined my 1CX can use virtually any Bobcat style skidsteer attachment as well as any excavator attachment. Accordingly I have 4 in one buckets, spreader bars, grader, rockbreaker, auger, concrete crusher, slasher, 3 Point Linkage adapter etc.

I know some sites in the UK are pretty tight but when I see tiny excavators and dumpers on open sites it makes me cringe seeing how inefficient and time consuming such jobs are. All because you can't have decent trucks without a lot of hassle :(
Oh shut up....😭😭😭😂😂😂😂

Bri963

Bri963

well Colour me impressed.

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better

we do ....... it's all the sh1t that comes with it is the problem :mad::mad:

Bri963

Bri963

CDB09F52-4E7E-479B-A13D-7F472E17F51C.jpeg

A mount that we had in to move some machinery a couple of weeks back. 12 tonnes over its toes, 2900kg at full stretch. It was an impressive bit of kit.

Bri963

Bri963

43F8F18A-B1F2-4243-B53A-32917AFF0A2F.jpeg
Today’s weekend warrior job. Garden clearance at a friend’s house. He’d got a bit keen civilising his trees but hadn’t thought too hard about getting rid of the brash. Gave him three options; couple of 8 yarders, a big shredder or a box of matches. He went for the cheapest. This was 10 am, by three we’d seen off most of the brash. We had freezing fog so no-one had their windows open.

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

View attachment 54132Today’s weekend warrior job. Garden clearance at a friend’s house. He’d got a bit keen civilising his trees but hadn’t thought too hard about getting rid of the brash. Gave him three options; couple of 8 yarders, a big shredder or a box of matches. He went for the cheapest. This was 10 am, by three we’d seen off most of the brash. We had freezing fog so no-one had their windows open.
Never ever ceases to amaze how fast and efficient a blow torch and 5l cherry are .