C****

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
V8Druid

V8Druid

the reason that speeding offences had a 10% tolerance was because speedos were never considered to be accurate enough ...
even a modern digi job is not bang on and is also subject to tyre wear ....
21/31mph is a fkn joke. it will lead to ppl driving at 17/27mph still with their noses glued to the speedo ...
the Kia will actually allow cruise to be set at 20mph, but the slightest downhill gradient and it's away (no active brake control) - brake and the cruise turns off (as with all CCs) so you still have to have an eye glued to the speedo (and who's to say that it's bang on 20mph anyway) ?
I absolutely despair of the future for us all

6feetdown

the reason that speeding offences had a 10% tolerance was because speedos were never considered to be accurate enough ...
21/31mph is a fkn joke. it will lead to ppl driving at 17/27mph still with their noses glued to the speedo ...
the Kia will actually allow cruise to be set at 20mph, but the slightest downhill gradient and it's away (no active brake control) - brake and the cruise turns off (as with all CCs) so you still have to have an eye glued to the speedo (and who's to say that it's bang on 20mph anyway) ?
Same it is s**t

S

Smiffy

There should be a second setting for cruise control a speed limit setting. Set the speed to 30mph and drive like normal it will just stop you from accelerating past 30mph. On a down hill run if it exceeds 30mph it will bing at you so you break until below 30mph. If you suddenly want a bit of extra omph to overtake press the throttle down all the way the press it a bit harder and it will click overriding the speed limit until you ease back past the click and it will go back to as it was set before.
It's far more use than the actual cruise and perfect for driving in areas you don't know where the cameras are

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

There should be a second setting for cruise control a speed limit setting. Set the speed to 30mph and drive like normal it will just stop you from accelerating past 30mph. On a down hill run if it exceeds 30mph it will bing at you so you break until below 30mph. If you suddenly want a bit of extra omph to overtake press the throttle down all the way the press it a bit harder and it will click overriding the speed limit until you ease back past the click and it will go back to as it was set before.
It's far more use than the actual cruise and perfect for driving in areas you don't know where the cameras are
Tbf I've recently tried using limiter rather than cruise and a few times lately quite handy for average speed sections where it's easy to wander up...just frustrating if you forgot and boot it 😆😆 thought engine had died on me

S

Smiffy

Tbf I've recently tried using limiter rather than cruise and a few times lately quite handy for average speed sections where it's easy to wander up...just frustrating if you forgot and boot it 😆😆 thought engine had died on me

Just have to get in the habit of going past the click

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

New bypass opened few months back here...lovely dual carriageway advertised as 70 until day it opened.. then it's all 50...I've a nasty feeling they got wind of what's coming ..😖😖😖

6feetdown

I've done it accidentally a few times thought gone into limp mode lol

M

Monkeybusiness

I read an article about a bloke that broke the Cannonball Run record in the States during covid in a hired Mustang - he did 3000 miles in just over a day on his own apparently. He set the automatic cruise control to 120mph so that when traffic got out of his way the car accelerated like stink and kept him awake, stopped him dawdling along at 90…

Bri963

Bri963

I read an article about a bloke that broke the Cannonball Run record in the States during covid in a hired Mustang - he did 3000 miles in just over a day on his own apparently. He set the automatic cruise control to 120mph so that when traffic got out of his way the car accelerated like stink and kept him awake, stopped him dawdling along at 90…
Calling BS on this one. Do the maths and think about the fuel tank. Unless they have longer days in America.

V8Druid

V8Druid

will have to investigate the book of words on the limit setting ... not an easy 'owner's manual' to read ... tiny print on bog roll thin paper .. an inch thick in pigeon English :(

S

Smiffy

will have to investigate the book of words on the limit setting ... not an easy 'owner's manual' to read ... tiny print on bog roll thin paper .. an inch thick in pigeon English :(

Yours is newer than mine so don't know if they have changed it but on mine I press the cruise control button on the steering wheel once for cruise control then a second time for limit. And the icon on screen behind the wheel changes from a dial with an arrow pointing at it to a dial partial blanked out.

V8Druid

V8Druid

Yours is newer than mine so don't know if they have changed it but on mine I press the cruise control button on the steering wheel once for cruise control then a second time for limit. And the icon on screen behind the wheel changes from a dial with an arrow pointing at it to a dial partial blanked out.
will have to have a play about ... IIRC I have 8 buttons on the wheel ...... I use the cruise a lot .. one of the best i've used TBH

William127

William127

I used the speed limiter on my ranger in London a few weeks ago, works fine until you go to boot it out onto a roundabout, forgetting the limiter, it felt bloody dangerous...
Blanket 20mph limits are bloody ridiculous, I can see the logic outside a school but on normal roads, through a major city at 5am its a total farce. What's better, someone alert coming towards you at 30 or someone staring at their dash doing 20? 🤔

hiluxman

hiluxman

And here's me asking for the most basic spec truck possible and they say its got collision warning and elec windows.

Don't they understand basic??

When I bought the isuzu my mate says yeah it's cheap but it's basic...yeah exactly why I bought it.

Even basic lux now comes carpeted in Europe. I want rubber floor to wash out not carpets to hold muck and water in.

M

Monkeybusiness

Calling BS on this one. Do the maths and think about the fuel tank. Unless they have longer days in America.
He took the seats out and filled the car with fuel tanks - met a support team mid-run to refuel everything in a car park. The legitimacy of his run has been questioned though.

M

Monkeybusiness

Just found the article (haven’t re-read it though, so hopefully my recollections are something like correct!).
I found it an interesting read a few years ago…

B

bobthebuilder

HTF can can Gengis have Heathrow in London's ULEZ ?????

and ........ Ker****ingching
Also chessington world of adventure ,feckin con and epsom racecouse ?
1_ulez.png