honey_badger
Well-known member
Yes thats similar to what I'm thinking at the mo.Get it near the van on rollers then roll it onto its back into the back of the van then slide it forward with ratchet straps and rollers?
I once thought it would be a good idea to go get a horizontal mill from over a hour away I got there and there was no way to load it I managed to slide it up the trailer ramps with a winch and a few bits of scaff tube. It was definitely a lot easier unloading it with the forklift![]()
Something along the lines of using the chaps rafters as an aid to lower the drill, lower the top of the drill onto wood thats van height and then use an engine hoist to manipulate the head of the drill into the van. Then I'll put that down there on rollers, and go and pick up the back end of the drill with the hoist and hopefully roll it forward towards the front of the van. Sounds simple enough.
Two main issues I've thought of are getting the drill up to its tipping point, and what if his rafters aren't beefy enough.
1- should just be able to use a combination of levers, jacks and pushing.
2- I've requested photos of the rafters to see what they look like. if they don't look like they're up to the task I'll build a 3 or 4 legged frame that I'll use to attach the winch, snatch block or somthing to to lower the drill down and use that. That'll have to be able to fit in the back of the van and be taller or the same height as the drill (84 inches). should be fairly easy made of either wood, I beam i've got lying around or acrow props joined at the top.
His doorway is 84 inches +10mm apparently so sounds like it might have to be tipped in the workshop.
If that didn't make sense wait for the photos of it happening... Should all unfold on sunday