Badger's Workshop

honey_badger

honey_badger

Well-known member
Ok I've tried saving the image again as a copy in the correct orientation, still uploads wrong. I suppose I'll have to go for screenshots instead seeing as that seems to work... 🤷‍♂️
I thought no point messing with the image I'd already uploaded so here is some more work I got up to back in the summer... Same tractor, came with category 1 balls on the back, was swapped to category 2 balls years back, the 'slightly' oversized cultivator made the old welds fail. Time for some new welds and a bit of reinforcement, provided by the extra triangle I welded in at the top (bottom in the photos). All done with an ancient air cooled transformer buzzbox, before I got my new welder...
(still only at the beginning of the long path of learning to weld... any advice welcomed!)
Cut some nice long bevels with the torch and welded it up. Shouldn't drop off I hope!

1578273592253.png
1578273610078.png
 
Conor

Conor

Well-known member
But why does it sometimes do this off the iPhones when it feels like it?

Depends on how you hold the phone when taking the picture, pain in the arse and only had the problem with iPhones. easiest way i found is just edit and save on the phone before uploading it
 
doobin

doobin

Well-known member
Guys, the setting you want (where it is depends upon your application) is exif orientation. It’s a digital tag that tells the computer which way the camera was held. This tells the computer which way to display it. Remove this and it will display the way you save it.
 
honey_badger

honey_badger

Well-known member
Guys, the setting you want (where it is depends upon your application) is exif orientation. It’s a digital tag that tells the computer which way the camera was held. This tells the computer which way to display it. Remove this and it will display the way you save it.
I'll look into how to remove it, cheers doobin.
 
honey_badger

honey_badger

Well-known member
Brought a big ol Herbert 2 bank pillar drill today off ebay, sent the chap a message and it turns out he's got no way to load the bloody thing. Going to have to figure out how to load a 2 bank drill thats undoutbly a lot bigger than it looks into a 3.5t van. Hopefully the chap knows a farmer or someone near who can come with a telehanlder or tractor for an hour....
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Brought a big ol Herbert 2 bank pillar drill today off ebay, sent the chap a message and it turns out he's got no way to load the bloody thing. Going to have to figure out how to load a 2 bank drill thats undoutbly a lot bigger than it looks into a 3.5t van. Hopefully the chap knows a farmer or someone near who can come with a telehanlder or tractor for an hour....
typical
gonna wanna be a hi top ..... most of those Herberts were about 8+ft tall !!
got a link .... some of the Herberts'd split at the table
where abouts you have to collect from ?
 
Last edited:
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
these perchance ??
s-l500 (1).jpg

going to be heavy ..... and very top heavy .. power feed on the one head
 
Last edited:
honey_badger

honey_badger

Well-known member
these perchance ??
View attachment 11319
going to be heavy ..... and very top heavy
Not those. He's deffo going to have to be laying down. Moved an progress on a 'can you just' for a mate a few months back, He goes 'can you just get this pillar drill for me', about an hour away, turned up there and drill was 8ft tall about 400kg and the guy moving it didn't have a clue. wasn't what i was expecting whatsoever, gave me a bit of a shock when i turned up hahah.

1578354429653.png
1578354602600.png

Top heavy, gear driven progress. Lovely drill, prehaps oversized for his applicaton though hahah.
1578354571087.png

Was an interesting move thats for sure.
 
honey_badger

honey_badger

Well-known member
typical
gonna wanna be a hi top ..... most of those Herberts were about 8+ft tall !!
got a link .... some of the Herberts'd split at the table
where abouts you have to collect from ?
Worcester, this is the one.

1578354688547.png
1578354704074.png
 
honey_badger

honey_badger

Well-known member
Thinking that the plan is going to have to be find someone who can lend a machine up there, either that or I'll have to try my best to take it apart and move what we can by hand.... Will be a fun weekend out I daresay...
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Not those. He's deffo going to have to be laying down. Moved an progress on a 'can you just' for a mate a few months back, He goes 'can you just get this pillar drill for me', about an hour away, turned up there and drill was 8ft tall about 400kg and the guy moving it didn't have a clue. wasn't what i was expecting whatsoever, gave me a bit of a shock when i turned up hahah.

View attachment 11320View attachment 11322
Top heavy, gear driven progress. Lovely drill, prehaps oversized for his applicaton though hahah.
View attachment 11321
Was an interesting move thats for sure.
looks like either a 3 or 4E ....3E I think ...... bloody good drill
 
honey_badger

honey_badger

Well-known member
looks like either a 3 or 4E ....3E I think ...... bloody good drill
That sounds about right. Possibly a bit of envy that made me get this herbert... :oops:
Told myself I wasn't going to buy any more machines until I'd put the lathe back together... :ROFLMAO:
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
My thought is that they built stonehenge somehow so how hard can it be to load a few hundred lb of drill into a van...
hard enough ... without kit or damage :( .... good luck with it Boyo .... Pix please :giggle:
 
T whiting

T whiting

Well-known member
Get it near the van on rollers then roll it onto its back into the back of the van then slide it forward with ratchet straps and rollers?

I once thought it would be a good idea to go get a horizontal mill from over a hour away I got there and there was no way to load it I managed to slide it up the trailer ramps with a winch and a few bits of scaff tube. It was definitely a lot easier unloading it with the forklift 😲
 
Top