Another smartphone bites the dust

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Used to swear by otterbox cases but used mous on this Pixel Pro6 for last 18 months....it's kid proof!!! Fallen off pickup roof at least once 😖

Mick-the-fitter

Mick-the-fitter

It’s what I do!
my Nokia 635 has stood 3, maybe 4 years in my pocket so far and gets a lot of use .... done a lot better than the Samsung Galaxy S3 that preceded it ... but not as good a camera on it as the S3

cheap enough on ebay too

IMG_0819.jpeg

Just joking
! but every phone I’ve had apart from the old Nokias have not lasted more than a week without breaking the screen or protector!

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
View attachment 52741
Just joking
! but every phone I’ve had apart from the old Nokias have not lasted more than a week without breaking the screen or protector!
my old Motorola 4800 served me well and never gave any issues .. other than being a lump :giggle: ....... went to an 8000 after, which was equally good and only class 4 available at the time .. still a handful though :rolleyes:

seem to be selling for stupid money ATM .. got half a dozen of 'em and loads of batteries/chargers sat in a box

craig

craig

So I’ve had my Nokia XR20 for around two years and has been a good phone to me and is still good but the last few days it’s not charged when I’ve plugged it in which is a sign it’s nearing the end apparently.
s
so what new, do I order up a XR21 and keep on trucking or is there anything else worth considering?
I`ve had the same for 6 months or so, I restart it and it charges ok afterwards, sometimes works fine for weeks, sometimes needed again for the next charge 🤷‍♂️

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
I`ve had the same for 6 months or so, I restart it and it charges ok afterwards, sometimes works fine for weeks, sometimes needed again for the next charge 🤷‍♂️
This has been the same for me but I'm so used to plugging in and forget about it until morning which is when you find out it's not charged

kabin man

kabin man

1699215247206.png

My samsung flip thing gave up yesterday. £230 for a screen..Wont be doing that.
Was trawling through Amaz and saw the loudest phone ever. Will never miss a call. And can output music through it.

B

Brendan

so the cat s53 has died today, well the wifi has been playing up for a long time but never realised it was so bad, as just assumed it was poor wifi signal around the house, until this evening. three has been down for most of the day think my phone last made a call around 1pm, all the household phones are on three and all have had connection back for the last hour or so but mine has not. So i try to connect to the wifi and nothing, multiple resets, phone witched off and left for a while before switching back on but no joy, no wifi or signal. tried to do a factory reset no way to back any data up as no signal of any sort. Still no wifi for a good 30 mins plus just constantly cycling between saved and obtaining ip and still no mobile signal

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

so the cat s53 has died today, well the wifi has been playing up for a long time but never realised it was so bad, as just assumed it was poor wifi signal around the house, until this evening. three has been down for most of the day think my phone last made a call around 1pm, all the household phones are on three and all have had connection back for the last hour or so but mine has not. So i try to connect to the wifi and nothing, multiple resets, phone witched off and left for a while before switching back on but no joy, no wifi or signal. tried to do a factory reset no way to back any data up as no signal of any sort. Still no wifi for a good 30 mins plus just constantly cycling between saved and obtaining ip and still no mobile signal
Tried connecting another WiFi network? Even a hotspot?

B

Brendan

An update finally got round to sending mine off for repair to cat, or whoever they used for warranty repairs, phone sent off then received an email saying cat gone into administration so they can't repair, phone back and sent off to banks phone people and they can't repair it so getting my money back.
Any recommendations, I could get another s53 as still on sale as it was a good phone but looking at other options too just no ulefone or similiar

S

Smiffy

An update finally got round to sending mine off for repair to cat, or whoever they used for warranty repairs, phone sent off then received an email saying cat gone into administration so they can't repair, phone back and sent off to banks phone people and they can't repair it so getting my money back.
Any recommendations, I could get another s53 as still on sale as it was a good phone but looking at other options too just no ulefone or similiar

Look at the Motorola's. Considerably cheaper than Samsung for equal performance

R

Russell

What happened to the ulefone?
What's the current cheap phone of choice?
I'm getting fed up of the sellotape holding my screen together.

B

Brendan

Ended up getting a cat s75 seems decent can do sat messaging not that I'll use or pay for that.
@Russell I had an armour 15t or whatever name it was, meant to be a rugged phone and the screen fell out after a few months, plus had issues with calls and messages