Would you buy into a win a digger comp?

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

Well-known member
Not for me at £100 a punt. To be honest, it probably wouldn’t be for me at £5 a punt!!
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Not for me at £100 a punt. To be honest, it probably wouldn’t be for me at £5 a punt!!
you're worse than me Shaun ... never been a gambler of any description ... ££s're usually too hard won :rolleyes:
 
Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
I would have thought 500-1 was pretty good odds to win a machine like that. I'm not much of a gambler, but would be tempted, but only because it was you running it. I wouldn't even consider a random one off of the internet.
 
CPS

CPS

Well-known member
It's a big thing here at the moment...... about 5 companies doing it.
Alot doing bundles, digger tractor low loader etc
 
Gunners

Gunners

Well-known member
I wouldn't enter one but I can see why you would run one. Big money to be made, radio shows have been doing it years. Whats the red tape like? Surely there must be some kind of procedure you have to follow? Usually is for anything that makes money
 
R

Russell

Well-known member
I know someone who did this on Facebook and surprise surprise his mate won it!
What are the chances?
I personally wouldn't enter.
 
Last edited:
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
aside from the 'gambling' side of it, which, as I said, I've never been one for, with Ross in charge I'd not have any hesitation, knowing it'd be run in an honest and fully secure manner .... from what I've learnt over the years, of the man, no way would he be anything but 110% down the line with it .... besides anything else, he has far too much to lose, to do anything underhand, or have his reputation tarnished in any shape or form.
in fact .... I've just about talked myself into having a punt TBH. :giggle::LOL: .... they are after all, pretty short odds, compared to so may of these things you see advertised ... like the win a mansion/car/etc. .... must be some serious odds against winning one of them and you NEVER hear about a winner :mad::mad:
 
Giles

Giles

Well-known member
a mare sent me one and I entered was £45 prize was John Deere tractor low loader dump trailer and new us130 so about £200k worth turned out to be Irish lot and only Irish seemed to win said that was it for me. Be tempted off someone like you but do enough ppl know you haha
 
Jimbo69

Jimbo69

Well-known member
I’d probably take a punt on that. Would the entry fee be tax deductible though? 🤔
 
Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
See it would be legit I can’t see why people would be dishonest with it it’s not like your not getting paid

As said random generator on social media live. You would have to put a time limit on it as well as if we don’t get the full amount of sales full refunds would be offered. That said I’d hate foe that to be the cAse as I would see a good 3k being used up in social media marketing etc so refunds would be a complete failure.

had two calls about the digger already mind you😂 if it was a true 50k then that’s a easy way to make a good living. I would assume lots of people would call scams etc but I genuinely wouldn’t have anybody affiliated with tickets I would love to give this to a lucky winner what a amazing thing for somebody to win somthing like that for a ton.

interesting to know the odds sounds good too. I thought people were saying they were bad .
 
Storrsy

Storrsy

Well-known member
See it would be legit I can’t see why people would be dishonest with it it’s not like your not getting paid

As said random generator on social media live. You would have to put a time limit on it as well as if we don’t get the full amount of sales full refunds would be offered. That said I’d hate foe that to be the cAse as I would see a good 3k being used up in social media marketing etc so refunds would be a complete failure.

had two calls about the digger already mind you😂 if it was a true 50k then that’s a easy way to make a good living. I would assume lots of people would call scams etc but I genuinely wouldn’t have anybody affiliated with tickets I would love to give this to a lucky winner what a amazing thing for somebody to win somthing like that for a ton.

interesting to know the odds sounds good too. I thought people were saying they were bad .
It's a funny thing- I don't know how many members are on this forum- but if it cost £100 a year to be a member and were automatically placed in prize draw for that digger- I reckon it'd be alot easier to get the 500 tickets- not suggesting that you do it but if I looked at it this way I'd be more inclined to part with the £100 because at the end of the day if I didn't win I'd still be a member! Makes it a bit exclusive!🤣
 
B

Brendan

Well-known member
It's a big thing here at the moment...... about 5 companies doing it.
Alot doing bundles, digger tractor low loader etc
Seen those draws.

£100 a pop is too strong, majority of the big spend raffles don't sellout.

Odds are worse but a lower buy in gets more spends.

There's a tool shop doing them on raffal website that must be making a killing at least 2 new vans a month plus multiple bundles
 
Top