Anyway, back on the compressor front.
I had a look online, there’s lots of choice! Probably too much choice….
I gave the guy at my local hydraulic hose shop a call, they are also general engineers and suppliers of this sort of thing. I know the owner and get on well with him, asked him what he’d recommend and to give me a price.
So we settled on this….
It’s Italian built, has a cast iron barrel and all parts are available, service kits etc. That’s the trouble with some of the Chinese stuff I think, when you need parts you’re fukced. Although this wont be used hard everyday, so don’t expect to wear it out any time soon!
18cfm, which was more that I was expecting and more than I thought was available from SGS in 240v, but I might be mistaken? And will be way more than our old one would have been producing I imagine!
Anyway, he was very competitive on price, delivered direct to my yard, no hassle. He’s local should anything go wrong and from what he tells me he gets good backup from his supplier too.
Seemed like the right choice to me.
If it last half as long as our old one then I will be very happy!