What have i done ! New project tb 216R

Storrsy

Storrsy

Well-known member
Yes there is one on ebay that has burnt out dipper is still good they chap was telling me the 216r is based off the tb016 so most parts should fit ? Not sure how true that is
Tb216, not R. R is for the reduced 215. The 216 is quite different to the TB016. Same undercarriage perhaps but think that's where it ends
 
Y

yanmarb03

Well-known member
Tb216, not R. R is for the reduced 215. The 216 is quite different to the TB016. Same undercarriage perhaps but think that's where it ends
It maybe a 215 tbh I can't remember been a manic day loading then unloading by hand it's quite a lump to drag about
 
Storrsy

Storrsy

Well-known member
Be quite a project and quite satisfying if you made it come good. But no money to be made/saved from it I'd imagine?
 
Y

yanmarb03

Well-known member
Be quite a project and quite satisfying if you made it come good. But no money to be made/saved from it I'd imagine?
Well it's a unknown quantity at the moment there's one on ebay going for £12,500 but I will be keeping it. I do off roading / trials and a local guy let's us practice in his woods which desperately needs a machine so it's kinda for that aswell
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Personally I'd of left that on the shelf..... ;) Trouble is you only need a couple unknown missing bits to make it a waste of time.
would need a serious knowledge of the model really to 'know' what's required for a rebuild .... it'd wanna be scrap price or a little over, to make it viable, 'cos as said, bits required are likely to be 'premium' prices, s/hand :( .... be a brave move taking it on at any serious initial investment, depending on how big a pile of bits are with what we see in the pic?
 
Y

yanmarb03

Well-known member
The stack of parts I'm going though all main parts are there from what I can see valve block, track motors, levers, pump, hydraulic oil tank, body panels, loads of hoses hopefully there all there

I take it with these the oil cooler is built into the radiator seems thicker than just a standard water one and more inlets/outlets
 

Attachments

  • 20221002_150856.jpg
    20221002_150856.jpg
    408.2 KB · Views: 216
T

Tacitus

Active member
If this pile of parts was free, it would still not make financial sense to rebuild. As far as hobby goes, sure, nice challenge.
When you are finished you should have become a champion machinery mechanic. :giggle:
 
Top