Has anyone managed to successfully achieve this?
And I ask this very honestly as I feel I am a classic for saying yes to everything then running around like mad trying to get everything done. The last couple of years have been very good earners but unsustainable in terms of time spent working. But on the flip side, we've had a recession on the horizon for so long now its felt a bit like make hay while the sun shines. And going into one now, as we no doubt are, turning work away seems completely counterintuitive to me?
Am I being a busy fool? Has anyone worked out a decent work life balance?
I mean, Druid has retired and still harps on about his work all the time, recalling land rovers he should have restored and JCB's he shouldn't have sold.... - am I doomed to this fate also?
I'll just say Doob ..... you can not buy time .... when it's gone it's gone - "simples" ......
I used to spend my waking hours keeping a gang of 12 blokes busy, ordering materials, scheduling work, quoting work, invoicing, eyeballing jobs, etc., etc.
I became more selective as the workforce diminished (finding fabbies is like hen's teeth) .. still made similar money, but doing better paying work and didn't spend so much time with my head up my a**e, in ever diminishing circles, worrying about keeping them all productive ... the older I got the more I valued
my time ....... but still wish I'd done a lot of things I didn't --------- 'cos I was too ***ing busy being successful at what i did, by doing the above.
........
"It is do-able .................." .... just don't leave it too long if you can
