Wacker plates

S

Stroppymonkey

Thereā€™s a cheaper DPU100-70 on Ebay from Welsh Wales (Colwyn Bay) for 2400 inc vat.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/37530514...TTWED9&hash=item5761ee0e71:g:qxsAAOSwscRl7yKO @JD450A

1711390663830.png

Storrsy

Storrsy

So what recommendations are there for a good plate. Desirable specs for me being forward and reverse, around 200kg so I can lift with little machine, and most importantly good vibes. I have a lumag plate which is ok at whacking but almost unusable beyond 15mins use due to vibes

S

Stroppymonkey

So what recommendations are there for a good plate. Desirable specs for me being forward and reverse, around 200kg so I can lift with little machine, and most importantly good vibes. I have a lumag plate which is ok at whacking but almost unusable beyond 15mins use due to vibes
Wacker Neuson 2540 / 2560. Hired one the other day. Built in wheels so you can move it about. Diesel Forward/Reverse and although pull start - does start nice. About Ā£4000+vat new. Few around for sale about Ā£1500+vat I have seen. Million miles away from the petrol 270kg lumag I tried.

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk šŸ¾
Try my bomag

6feetdown

Wacker Neuson 2540 / 2560. Hired one the other day. Built in wheels so you can move it about. Diesel Forward/Reverse and although pull start - does start nice. About Ā£4000+vat new. Few around for sale about Ā£1500+vat I have seen. Million miles away from the petrol 270kg lumag I tried.
Paid 3200 I think for my 2nd 1 šŸ˜’

S

Stroppymonkey

It just a bolt isnā€™t it with a rubber bush on the end?

Re the connecting arms Youā€™ll need to swap the bolts for shorter ones thatā€™s what I had to do when I took mine off

Donā€™t be tempted to test it on any concrete or tarmac etc get it on loose stuff before you try it

Mines a slow starter even with fresh battery donā€™t think they have a glow plug
Bits all turned up. Original dealer stumped up the Ā£230 required so happy with that. Much better than a bit of webbing holding the handle up. Now complete and working. Fair smokey old unit.

Attachments

• 20240417_125759.jpg
    20240417_125759.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 20240417_125805.jpg
    20240417_125805.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 34
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Bits all turned up. Original dealer stumped up the Ā£230 required so happy with that. Much better than a bit of webbing holding the handle up. Now complete and working. Fair smokey old unit.
**** me - :oops::oops: ...... two hundred and thirty quid for that o_Oo_O Dick Turpin's alive and well and working for 'em is he :mad: that really is taking the p*ss

S

Stroppymonkey

**** me - :oops::oops: ...... two hundred and thirty quid for that o_Oo_O Dick Turpin's alive and well and working for 'em is he :mad: that really is taking the p*ss
You want to see the price for the antibration bolts on the side panels! WN might make good kit but spares prices are WOW. Wonder what the digger spares are like in comparison to Kubota. Friend of mine just got done Ā£800 for a joystick/spool block or whatever you call it on a KX613

S

Stroppymonkey

Big Wacker out for quick play last night. Such a change in weather - was kicking up quite a dust. Itā€™s the right tool for putting down 803 on top of mixed waste 4-12ā€ thick and all sizes -really rattles it down.

IMG_0234.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0232.jpeg
    IMG_0232.jpeg
    176.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0233.jpeg
    IMG_0233.jpeg
    353.4 KB · Views: 33
G

goldeneagle

Whats worse with the big Lumags??, price point is appealing but does this come at a cost in performance, looked at getting a 160kg one but haven't done anything about it yet as debating going heavier.

S

Stroppymonkey

Whats worse with the big Lumags??, price point is appealing but does this come at a cost in performance, looked at getting a 160kg one but haven't done anything about it yet as debating going heavier.
I went to look at a used petrol one. 300kg? I pulled the starter handle off twice and the sales guy broke it as well. Absolute monster to start compared to the WN2540 deisel.