Wacker plates

Hg2702

Hg2702

I’ve a wacker nuisance vp1350 plate which is excellent and ideal for 80% of my work footpaths and bases. Just looking at some jobs this year which are quite large areas. Now my plate is a really good all rounder just not sure it’s worth buying another one for the extra 50/100mm

Danny

Danny

I've got a wacker WP1540 petrol and a forward and reversible wacker dp2540 diesel and i favour the diesel every time yes it is 160kg but its on wheels and always have a machine with me to lift it on and off it pounds it in so hard @ £3.85 m2 they soon earn there keep :cool:

GazCro

GazCro

I've got a wacker WP1540 petrol and a forward and reversible wacker dp2540 diesel and i favour the diesel every time yes it is 160kg but its on wheels and always have a machine with me to lift it on and off it pounds it in so hard @ £3.85 m2 they soon earn there keep :cool:
Reversible diesels are a big step up from what he's got 👍🏻

Danny

Danny

But with taking on bigger work, you need bigger kit quicker you do the work the more profitable you can be

Harry this is not a million ways away from you, or keep an eye on husseys they always have wackers going through

S

Smiffy

We use bomag plates
They make the belle plates that seem very popular look like junk.
The main reason we have them is they do a great job on everything even tarmac.
We have put down some huge areas with single direction petrol ones.
When looking at them the weight is irrelevant. Look at the static pressure as some big heavy plates do a poor job. Especially if you ever want to do tarmac.
There are compaction charts available to find the most efficient tool and depths for what you want

GazCro

GazCro

But with taking on bigger work, you need bigger kit quicker you do the work the more profitable you can be

Harry this is not a million ways away from you, or keep an eye on husseys they always have wackers going through

I like yourself have little petrol plate and dpu2540 reversible and the only time petrol gets used is if someone borrows it from me or its monsoon season and big un wants to be a submarine. Get a reversible derv and you'll realise you've never wacked anything down before.

B

Brendan

I've got one of the 80kg belle ones it's ok but about the limit what I can throw into the back of the pickup,also got the big diesel one but unfortunately for me it's just too big, don't get me it's an absolute animal with the compaction chart similar to a 3t roller but at around 485kg it's just not suitable.
So looks like it's going and possibly replace with a 170kg one
@Danny is that £3.85 the going rate for compacting ground? Is that per 100mm depth?

Furniss

Furniss

I'll jump on this ... I only have small petrol one then hire in - if anyone has one going - reversible diesel let me know
Tnx

Last edited:
Vinpetrol

Vinpetrol

We use bomag plates
They make the belle plates that seem very popular look like junk.
The main reason we have them is they do a great job on everything even tarmac.
We have put down some huge areas with single direction petrol ones.
When looking at them the weight is irrelevant. Look at the static pressure as some big heavy plates do a poor job. Especially if you ever want to do tarmac.
There are compaction charts available to find the most efficient tool and depths for what you want
Me too . The black Honda engine was getting knackered on mine so I bought a new engine for it and it goes brilliant. I’d like a bigger forward reverse to go along with it

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
I’ve a wacker nuisance vp1350 plate which is excellent and ideal for 80% of my work footpaths and bases. Just looking at some jobs this year which are quite large areas. Now my plate is a really good all rounder just not sure it’s worth buying another one for the extra 50/100mm
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: great predictive cock up

pettsy

pettsy

Bought a reversible diesel last year. Certainly put the type 1 down on my driveway, trouble is at the moment with so many levels it’s a pain to get out of the shed to use. If you’ve got a machine to lift them about then no problem!

CB92394E-97F8-475C-B8F8-B86F8D0FA912.jpeg

GazCro

GazCro

Bought a reversible diesel last year. Certainly put the type 1 down on my driveway, trouble is at the moment with so many levels it’s a pain to get out of the shed to use. If you’ve got a machine to lift them about then no problem!

View attachment 31765
Same as mine and thats the reason despite being tempted I've never bought a bigger plate as they are on the limit of what is realistically man handle able

Hg2702

Hg2702

Thanks Danny 👍🏽
Im a regular at husseys when I can remember which day the auction is 🤦🏼‍♂️

my only concern is not every job has a machine on so it’d need to be a manageable weight. Might just hire in some bits and see how we get on this year . As ever the wish list gets longer never shorter 🤣

Hg2702

Hg2702

I’ll stick to what I know then 👍🏽

my thoughts are is the extra 50/100mm width worth spending on when I’ve already got an excellent plate and other things to buy and then if we upsize it’ll be a hassle moving it about without a machine as id have nothing to unload it with back at the ranch

GazCro

GazCro

I’ll stick to what I know then 👍🏽

my thoughts are is the extra 50/100mm width worth spending on when I’ve already got an excellent plate and other things to buy and then if we upsize it’ll be a hassle moving it about without a machine as id have nothing to unload it with back at the ranch
It's not the width that's the benefit though as much as the fact that two passes over hardcore will put it down further than spending all day with what you've got.

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
I've got one of the 80kg belle ones it's ok but about the limit what I can throw into the back of the pickup,also got the big diesel one but unfortunately for me it's just too big, don't get me it's an absolute animal with the compaction chart similar to a 3t roller but at around 485kg it's just not suitable.
So looks like it's going and possibly replace with a 170kg one
@Danny is that £3.85 the going rate for compacting ground? Is that per 100mm depth?
sounds interesting ;):)

Danny

Danny

Im a regular at husseys when I can remember which day the auction is 🤦🏼‍♂️

my only concern is not every job has a machine on so it’d need to be a manageable weight. Might just hire in some bits and see how we get on this year . As ever the wish list gets longer never shorter 🤣
You can wheel it on a trailer by your self? Same with unloading with the wheels they are quite manageable

Tell me about it I’ve come home this week with a welfare unit and a massive leaf blower 🥵