Vinnys Ventures

Canal Navvy

Canal Navvy

Well-known member
Is that not classed as a hot cut ? They say not to do it as the metal bits stick to the cladding and rust.

I find that a thin disc is so quick cutting that it doesn't generate enough heat for anything to stick.
I like being able to get a constant gap between cuts that the expanding foam nozzle comfortably fits into to achieve a full even fill 🙂
 
Vinpetrol

Vinpetrol

Well-known member
Just had a stroke of luck , I picked up my grab that has been adapted for the Hyundai and the guy who done it is building a house and he has used the same kit manufacturer I used . We were just comparing notes and I told him
About my cold cutting requirements , he has an evolution 230 saw , just needs a disc . I’ve got the saw in the van and disc on order ! I just need to order some of them blades now for the recip saw and should be sorted !
 
6

6feetdown

Well-known member
Just had a stroke of luck , I picked up my grab that has been adapted for the Hyundai and the guy who done it is building a house and he has used the same kit manufacturer I used . We were just comparing notes and I told him
About my cold cutting requirements , he has an evolution 230 saw , just needs a disc . I’ve got the saw in the van and disc on order ! I just need to order some of them blades now for the recip saw and should be sorted !
Disc or blade?
 
Vinpetrol

Vinpetrol

Well-known member
The 1 i posted was a blade.
Can you put a blade on it?
I just called it a disc as I thought that’s what it was . This was the one you posted . I just said disc because they were round like cutting discs must be called blades for steel cutting .
The blade I mentioned was the one posted earlier for the recip saw
IMG_1751.png
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
What do you mean wind bracing Graham ?
It’s got 12no 1400 x 1600 x 600 pads under the slab that have resin anchored steels into the slab they structurally hold it up and also hold it down to assist with wind load .
The frame isn’t finished yet , it has some cross bracing to go in the bay walls and the roof .
that's the wind bracing ;)(y)
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
The 1 i posted was a blade.
Can you put a blade on it?

this is deffo a conventional TCT blade - see a lot of the Yanks put the blade in backwards for cladding/profile and seems to work well as it doesn't rip the sheets
1791072435121.png
 
Top