Vinnys Ventures

S

Smiffy

Well-known member
I'm very often caught by Pam admiring the steelwork in shops/supermarkets .... there are some impressive buildings about, when you stop and look :giggle::giggle:
How about this ones front A frame.

IMG-20260825-WA0009.jpg
 
Canal Navvy

Canal Navvy

Well-known member
I'm very often caught by Pam admiring the steelwork in shops/supermarkets .... there are some impressive buildings about, when you stop and look :giggle::giggle:

Know the feeling, security guards find it highly suspicious 😁
When Dysons put up the frame for their company gym in Malmesbury it was a truly gorgeous sight, semi-eliptical rolled steel trusses in white gloss 👌😍
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
I think so , it’s folded steel galvanised . It’sSupplied by Steadmans it’s pretty solid though
it looks one of the better ones I've seen .... some look like they're struggling just to stand there
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
It’s got to electric doors in the gables . 3.6m wide 3.3 full opening .
We haven’t built the gable panels yet . Next job is the eaves beams then the gable columns
don't see any wind bracing Vin? presumably it has some?
 
Vinpetrol

Vinpetrol

Well-known member
Looks a really good structure - I’ve not seen one like that before. Where did you get that?
It’s from a company called Murray steel buildings . They can engineer them for wind loads up here so I was happy with that . I’ve done bases for their buildings before and they seemed pretty good . Certainly been good to work with since I opted for self build and their own fitters are available on the phone and really helpful when I have a query . I also got lucky as I paid for 40 mm insulated building but I ended up with a 60mm building as they had quoted me for both and although I paid for the 40mm I ended up with the 60mm !
 
Vinpetrol

Vinpetrol

Well-known member
don't see any wind bracing Vin? presumably it has some?
What do you mean wind bracing Graham ?
It’s got 12no 1400 x 1600 x 600 pads under the slab that have resin anchored steels into the slab they structurally hold it up and also hold it down to assist with wind load .
The frame isn’t finished yet , it has some cross bracing to go in the bay walls and the roof .
 
Vinpetrol

Vinpetrol

Well-known member
I need to “ cold cut “ some of the sheets in the gable . They have 60mm insulation so are probably close to 100mm at widest point . What can I cold cut with ? I asked a t local hire shop for cold cut circular saw but they don’t have any . Any ideas what I can use to do these cuts ?
 
S

Smiffy

Well-known member
I need to “ cold cut “ some of the sheets in the gable . They have 60mm insulation so are probably close to 100mm at widest point . What can I cold cut with ? I asked a t local hire shop for cold cut circular saw but they don’t have any . Any ideas what I can use to do these cuts ?

The cladders doing the buildings we are on at the moment use a recipe saw for it. If it's really got to be accurate they have a Makita circular saw but 90% is being done with a recipe then covered with flashing and filled with expanding foam.


 
Top