do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
interesting reading ;)

Attachments

• HC23-31.pdf
    419.5 KB · Views: 208
V8Druid

V8Druid

4' 30" resonates ATM :giggle::giggle: ..... some cable ...... bet that joint pack is a few quid :oops: pity they don't show it all :(

Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
Why would you go to that amount of effort to put sticky backed plastic on a door handle? I thought that sort of thing went out with Blue Peter in the 70's.
Graham

V8Druid

V8Druid

Why would you go to that amount of effort to put sticky backed plastic on a door handle? I thought that sort of thing went out with Blue Peter in the 70's.
Graham
I did wonder the same thing myself ... was expecting him to peel off a backing sheet to reveal something remarkable :rolleyes:
company I used to do a lot for ... press installation/movements/etc. used to print that sort of thing for all the European motor manufacturers on thin ali and it was then 'wrapped' onto armatures like door handles, etc. ....
they were one of two companies, at the time, who had perfected wood grain printing for dash boards, trim, etc. ... could not tell it wasn't real :oops:
... chances are if you've a European car, with any wood grain panels in it, they were printed and stamped by Northern Automotive Systems ...... and at some time I'd have installed or moved the presses they were made on :giggle::giggle:

Multi million dollar operation (American owned) ;)
.... think I related the tale on the CEF of the three Hare C frame presses that got flown over from Chicago - urgent!!:rolleyes: $20,000 dollars each for the air freight for 8t a piece :oops:
.... arrived on their backs on big pallets .... made from crossing sleepers ... the ones that Pam's veggie boxes are made out of :)
... turned up about 1 or 2 a.m. and we had them up-righted, installed and running for the 7 a.m. shift (y) .... had been a long day .... been there since 09.00, that morning, awaiting their delivery :( ...... but they paid real well and on the nail for good service (y):cool:

V8Druid

V8Druid

this is impressive ... talk about a tight site .... some Gottwald :oops: and some place to try and build it :eek:

tinydigger

tinydigger

making machines look small since 1980
11.39 is my fave ..... skills :cool:
Guy who I work with used to run cosalt's lifting workshop in Lowestoft and is qualified to do rope splicing both wire and fabric for want of a better word and some of the stories for what he has made and where has worked are amazing. all over the world and on some interesting and out there jobs what he considered a normal job was changing the lifting rope on a ship to shore container crane at Felixstowe docks. was hoping to learn a lot from him but due to upper level management being dicks he finishes next week

Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
I know it is April 1st, but still amusing.
Graham

diggerjones

diggerjones

Talking of jcb, i walked through there test facilitie last weekend.
20190323_150447.jpg