Trucks.

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Doesn’t look all that big of a crane, just check the load chart to make sure it’ll lift what you want it to lift at the radius you need it to lift to. And as above the tail swing on that looks wild 😅
looking at the pic I'd say that was more than the permissible 60% of wheel base behind the axle centre .... sooooome over hang that

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
Also being a 12 tonner withe the crane, box of tools and longish body you’d be lucky to get 2 ton in the back, you’d need to check this out also, be ok for bulky plastic tanks which have no weight or long telephone poles which is what it looks like it was built for but pallets of tracks could be on the heavier side.

S

Smiffy

Also being a 12 tonner withe the crane, box of tools and longish body you’d be lucky to get 2 ton in the back, you’d need to check this out also, be ok for bulky plastic tanks which have no weight or long telephone poles which is what it looks like it was built for but pallets of tracks could be on the heavier side.

You could cut a few tonnes off that with very little work.
Anything behind the axles can be cut off
Bit pointless if carrying anything heavy as even within mgw if you put it on the back of the bed you will overload the back axle.
That should nick the best part of a tonne off
Then the pole carriers can be removed for another few hundred kgs.

I would thiink you could probably get to over 4t carrying capacity if not nearly 5

wee_gus

wee_gus

I’m looking at it tomorrow. Plans would be to remove the pole stands, shorten the bed and possibly move hiab to rear move locker to behind the cab I’ve had this priced and to move the crane and shorten the bed was reasonably priced.
All she’s needs to carry it burning gear, track press, air tools and tools we seldom take chains to a job but it opens up doors

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
The atego we had was a good truck, there was the odd issue with abs sensor but it was caused by the paint shop damaging the wiring with blasting lance when we had her resprayed when we got her.
Oh, also had a blow out on front offside tyre heading down the M74 one morning that woke me up for sure 😳 rules have changed for tyres since and steer axle tyres must be under 10year old now. With rear tyres over 10 yo you get an advisory on the MOT now.