tree shears 10% off

K

Komatsu

Well-known member
Cheers Rory ! That looks like it could be a winner as stated there’s a lot of things to sort and only so much money going around few things changing here. I like the look of the intermercato grab a lot but think for the price of just as well go all in rotator but then I also think it’ll mainly be for brash clearing sites picking up generally just rubbish lying around , won’t really Be used for roots as I prefer the ripper / smaller bucket effort again like you say it’s a case of knowing what you can get away with and not overdoing it for the grab or the digger in that case. The other plus side to a cheaper one is if I find it useful I can sell it on and buy something better in time
Remember.....you pay cheap, you pay twice.
 
N

Newforester

Member
i cannot recommend the intermecato grabs enough, ive got one on my 1.9 tonne machine and another on my 6
 
T whiting

T whiting

Well-known member
I can't vouch for the Intermecato grabs enough either I pulled 2 walking floor trailer fulls of stumps out in a day (about 50 decent sized stumps) I took a 18inch bucket with teeth with me but I only put it on to dig the biggest two stumps out pretty much if it would go in the grab it would pull it out the ground it makes a good land take too for tidying up
 
Hg2702

Hg2702

Well-known member
If you find the timber grab is too small or want to upgrade in a year or so's time I have two people after small second hand units.... I sold mine for £600 without a rotator and i'm sure it was a identical unit

was it man enough for what I’d be using it for? Again I’ll add in very much dipping my toe in here by no means a tree surgeon just more interested to see how often I’ll use one
 
JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
Remember.....you pay cheap, you pay twice.
We ran one of those early on with the 175.... Yes I killed it eventually, but it was a cheap grab built for a small crane/2t digger designed to be free swinging. Throwing 3m sticks around was ultimately going to kill it.

Ultimately buying cheap is a good introductory tool, and you will sell a cheap grab on after 12 months for similar money that you paid if it's still in GWO.... More expensive grabs I would'nt think you'd move on to timber monkeys very quickly.

In relation to would one be strong enough for a 3t digger... well I put two new arms/tines/fingers on mine after I killed the first set and sold it on to a timber man who has a 3 Ton Takeuchi, that was about 4 years ago and he is still running it today no bother.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20150823_093356687.jpg
    IMG_20150823_093356687.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_0493.JPG
    IMG_0493.JPG
    384 KB · Views: 190
Hg2702

Hg2702

Well-known member
Remember.....you pay cheap, you pay twice.
That is very much in my mind Ollie stuck in two minds ! in the back of my mind is there are people out there after grabs so shifting it on if it’s deemed a success wouldn’t be to bad. As I’ve said I’m more interested to see how often I’d use one and what we’ve all that’s going on at the minute there’s a few changes happening here which are requiring some pennies !
 
JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
As I’ve said I’m more interested to see how often I’d use one and what we’ve all that’s going on at the minute there’s a few changes happening here which are requiring some pennies !

Your welcome to borrow our little Kins Clamshell if you want. On the heavy side for a 2t machine but my Kobelco will just about swing it on light duties.
 
Hg2702

Hg2702

Well-known member
Might be worth a try I’ll pm you. 👍🏽 I’d prefer the tine grab as I’ve got a few mini demo efforts going on well potentially one day when I’m allowed out of the yard
 
K

Komatsu

Well-known member
That is very much in my mind Ollie stuck in two minds ! in the back of my mind is there are people out there after grabs so shifting it on if it’s deemed a success wouldn’t be to bad. As I’ve said I’m more interested to see how often I’d use one and what we’ve all that’s going on at the minute there’s a few changes happening here which are requiring some pennies !
Understand what your saying, just seen it and heard it to many times that’s all, thing once you start using one you won’t stop, mine more or less comes out with me all the time, but you’ll just have to decide where abouts on your priority list it fits🙈, but don’t worry, we’ve all been there in having to make the awkward decisions. And I fought with myself about getting mine when I did...why did I need another one, will I see the benefits etc, etc.
 
GazCro

GazCro

Well-known member
Understand what your saying, just seen it and heard it to many times that’s all, thing once you start using one you won’t stop, mine more or less comes out with me all the time, but you’ll just have to decide where abouts on your priority list it fits🙈, but don’t worry, we’ve all been there in having to make the awkward decisions. And I fought with myself about getting mine when I did...why did I need another one, will I see the benefits etc, etc.
The biggest issue i have with my intermercato is that i only have one for the 9 tonner, could do with one for the 4 tonner as well 😔
 
K

Komatsu

Well-known member
Ultimately buying cheap is a good introductory tool, and you will sell a cheap grab on after 12 months for similar money that you paid if it's still in GWO.... More expensive grabs I would'nt think you'd move on to timber monkeys very quickly.
Understand what your saying, but cheap grab, if worked won’t be really in a GWO after a year, and the timber monkeys, as you put it, aren’t afraid to pay for quality equipment cos they know how valuable they are to them and can’t afford any down time down to a cheap product.
 
Hg2702

Hg2702

Well-known member
Understand what your saying, just seen it and heard it to many times that’s all, thing once you start using one you won’t stop, mine more or less comes out with me all the time, but you’ll just have to decide where abouts on your priority list it fits🙈, but don’t worry, we’ve all been there in having to make the awkward decisions. And I fought with myself about getting mine when I did...why did I need another one, will I see the benefits etc, etc.
If I was constantly on the machine then no doubt it’d be an intermercato grab. Things slowed up a bit before covid so I’d be willing to take a punt first see how we get on this year
 
JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
Understand what your saying, but cheap grab, if worked won’t be really in a GWO after a year, and the timber monkeys, as you put it, aren’t afraid to pay for quality equipment cos they know how valuable they are to them and can’t afford any down time down to a cheap product.
Depends on the scale of timber monkeys.... we do quite abit of work for the little lads, minimal HP and no issues running a cheaper bit of kit.
 
CPS

CPS

Well-known member
Just to note, a log grab, cheap or dear is only designed to be used to lift vertically! If you fix mount it and try to lift or pull at an angle you will kill it!
Intermercato grabs are great grabs, well built and strong. I'd recommend them all day long over one of those cheap Chinese grabs.
 
Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
IMG_20200418_152727.jpg

Had me Hurricane grab on today @CPS was lifting about some granite stones. And yes we've had nice blue sky for last few days.
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
who was looking for a cheap little grab ?? one to watch - 120 quid ATM

s-l1600.jpg
 
Top