Tiltrotator options for Tak TB216

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Right now I have the one aux circuit that is controlled by the left foot pedal. I'm not sure if I would be better off using electrics to switch the left pedal from rotate/tilt....or run a second set of lines and use electrics to switch the right pedal from boom swing/rotate. Then I could rotate and tilt at the same time......
second option .... be dancing like an old Hymac op after a day or two on that.... (Dipper was on pedals):giggle:

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Right now I have the one aux circuit that is controlled by the left foot pedal. I'm not sure if I would be better off using electrics to switch the left pedal from rotate/tilt....or run a second set of lines and use electrics to switch the right pedal from boom swing/rotate. Then I could rotate and tilt at the same time......

IMHDO left for rotate and right for tilt is far more intuitive in use 😉 :)

M

Monkeybusiness

If you take oil from your boom swing you might be better using it for tilt, as it can be a relatively low-flow supply and rotate tends to be more oil-hungry!

K

Keif

I thought I should give this thread some closure. I decided against the tilt-rotator setup for the 216. If I end up needing another machine in the future, I'll work the rotator in to the purchase.

Thanks for all the help and replies.

K

Komatsu

I thought I should give this thread some closure. I decided against the tilt-rotator setup for the 216. If I end up needing another machine in the future, I'll work the rotator in to the purchase.

Thanks for all the help and replies.
It’s not a bad idea, your then not having to retro fit any pipe work etc, can all be done as a factory fit. Did the same thing when I got my first one, found it a lot easier to do in one hit rather than uming and arring about getting it, then down time having it fitted and having headstocks changed over.