The 'Today's Job' thread

doobin

doobin

Consider this the forum 'lounge' with work pics!

I'll start. I have a friend in forestry. He produces a LOT of chestnut post pointings. I have just a Rayburn and small log burner for heating. The pointings are the perfect size. So at £150+VAT for a grab to move them to my yard, that's some pretty cheap firewood. No manual handling until I need to take them inside the house. He tipped up, and two of us filled 18 bags in a couple of hours.

Attachments

• 2018-08-22 08.46.31.jpg
    2018-08-22 08.46.31.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 661
  • 2018-08-22 11.00.10.jpg
    2018-08-22 11.00.10.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 636
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Tha's very cheap firewood Doob (y)(y):D ... burn nice too ;) ...... how does he point those posts ??:unsure:

doobin

doobin

Got a machine on the back of a tractor. So they take a little while longer to dry out than if chainsawed but still pretty quick as small lumps and in vented bags.

JimboCX

JimboCX

Don’t know why they posted up twice.. but that is what I have been at this past couple of days. Putting in some land drainage into a little field and then levelling some fresh topsoil and sowing it out..

K

Komatsu

Don’t know why they posted up twice.. but that is what I have been at this past couple of days. Putting in some land drainage into a little field and then levelling some fresh topsoil and sowing it out..
Think that happens when you edit something, did the same thing myself the other day, but your able to delete them if you need to or add extra. Tidy work as always😀

JimboCX

JimboCX

It’s very hard not to rub the dipper on the little case. It’s been in some real tight places. And when trying to load the lorry or dump trailer ur always working at full stretch with the bucket curled in. So what ever is in the bucket always rubs the dipper. It’s also very hard not to hit the back. As the blade when raised up is only about an inch away from the counter weight. So if u’v any sort of muck build up on the blade when u raise it up it’s very very close to the paint work. 😡😡😡

Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
That is a very good spec on your truck even a drop side tipper(y)

LDK

LDK

More photography related than machine related but that third from last photo is a lovely picture. Ditch is not bad either😉