THE SCAM THREAD

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
unusual to get a scammer running an ad., concurrent with an original one :rolleyes: o_O ..... but looking at his spelling / English , etc. .... he's maybe not the sharpest tool in the box -- emphasis on TOOL :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

@Mogman ..... might be worth adding ''scam'' to your thread title .... could become the new scams thread ;)

Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
Just looked at the sellers our items and he has even copied that as well:oops:

Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
Guys, i am going to move this to our general daily chat , and sticky it :)

that way its easy to find / update and hopefully when people search these items wont show in our classifieds associating us with scams

If you can copy the username, email address or phone number into the post (of the scammer) that way it shows on google :) but any thread is a good one :D

Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
urgh

was sent this today
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2010-VOL...707699?hash=item5b4c8375b3:g:mYUAAOSwwERbn33n

that's our machine, sold for £12500 iirc. 34 enquiry's online to this bloody scammer

this was it leaving the yard
14F2109D-2F83-45CF-858C-DFE200081A83.JPG

Last edited:
Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
They are very clever now these scammers

sent a paypal link, looks 100% legit even has a chat now button that connects you to what looks like a fake paypal chat. Human interaction

have screen shots. The scammer has also called me 07548 312481 looks like the number is surrey

Wira - Spares Wtd Ad. (Surrey) (24/4).Side signal lampContact at 07548312481
might call him later.

This is a big deal now, the scammers are getting very good i am afraid

Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
This was PayPal chat but obviously to a random

Attachments

• 47135728-3E1B-4D84-AD5C-78D51EA1C53C.png
    47135728-3E1B-4D84-AD5C-78D51EA1C53C.png
    317.7 KB · Views: 679
  • 3AB92B13-D839-4758-82E1-1AC68BBA383F.png
    3AB92B13-D839-4758-82E1-1AC68BBA383F.png
    323.5 KB · Views: 640
  • 45B0A7F7-9F3F-440E-A03B-B3AB812A8FFA.png
    45B0A7F7-9F3F-440E-A03B-B3AB812A8FFA.png
    324.8 KB · Views: 622
V8Druid

V8Druid

This was PayPal chat but obviously to a random
and if you send that to Paypal they won't give a sh1t or do a damned thing :mad::mad: and although this is a blatant case of obtaining monies by deception, Plod won't either ..... far too much to do :rolleyes::(:(

F

fred

why would anyone send anything without going to physically see the machine ?

Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
why would anyone send anything without going to physically see the machine ?

It happens a lot and I am afraid these scammers get regular pay days

We often sell machines blind but then google any part of the business such as email, numbers, name etc brings you to credible reviews, links to employees and so on

Scammers numbers etc bring you to nothing

T

topkit

Yep couldn't agree more Regy, i purchased a machine up in Scotland before any money changed hands i got more
Pictures sent along with the business name and names and details of the business directors i got their office and
Yard details then googled them even checked them out on Google satellite i could zoom in and see their yard etc, Then
By chance the haulier i was using was chatting to me and he knew the chap and the machine that i was going to buy so that confirmed everything for me. On Ebay there was about 20 scam ads this week, They all got removed and within a day were all back on there again, One of them was even my Massey 860 that i purchased earlier this year they used the original ad pictures, I dropped the advertiser an Email and he offered it to me for £4500 barain i thought, He said he was working
In Ireland and the digger was in Scotland but he could arrange free transport for me! I sent him a further email getting him to
Confirm the digger was in Scotland then i sent him a further email stating what a coincidence i have the same machine and
Its in my yard in Kent i then went on to call him a piece of Eastern European crap or such words and spookily it all went quiet after that!!

V8Druid

V8Druid

Yep couldn't agree more Regy, i purchased a machine up in Scotland before any money changed hands i got more
Pictures sent along with the business name and names and details of the business directors i got their office and
Yard details then googled them even checked them out on Google satellite i could zoom in and see their yard etc, Then
By chance the haulier i was using was chatting to me and he knew the chap and the machine that i was going to buy so that confirmed everything for me. On Ebay there was about 20 scam ads this week, They all got removed and within a day were all back on there again, One of them was even my Massey 860 that i purchased earlier this year they used the original ad pictures, I dropped the advertiser an Email and he offered it to me for £4500 barain i thought, He said he was working
In Ireland and the digger was in Scotland but he could arrange free transport for me! I sent him a further email getting him to
Confirm the digger was in Scotland then i sent him a further email stating what a coincidence i have the same machine and
Its in my yard in Kent i then went on to call him a piece of Eastern European crap or such words and spookily it all went quiet after that!!

I played a few, when I was duck hunting and scanning ebay daily ..... they'd all go quiet when told I was only 10 miles away, or similar BS .... and wanted to view it tomorrow

Ebay, without doubt, would have the capacity to sort this ........ if they could be arsed :mad::mad:

V8Druid

V8Druid

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Takeuchi-TB23r-FRAUD/264016001132?hash=item3d7894786c:g:eDYAAOSw5qdb2Zg8

People are fighting their own fights against these leaches of society by putting up adverts for the same machine but pointing out the scam. Lol, wonder if this will make eBay do anything against the scammers?
neat idea ..... if ebay became inundated with these sort of listings they might have to do something :rolleyes: ...... but I doubt they'd be arsed :( ... would still attract a listing fee I presume :( ... so win - win for ebay :mad:

Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
the listing fee for ebay on this kit is pennys. like under £1

V8Druid

V8Druid

the listing fee for ebay on this kit is pennys. like under £1
really:oops: ...... never put anything of this sort of magnitude on Fleabay ..... interesting to hear Ross (y) :cool:

V8Druid

V8Druid

today's latest scam ..... pity looks real nice :(

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/312331431140?ViewItem=&item=312331431140

1544555281660.png

msg sent via ebay

"Hi when and where can i come and view this machine with a view to buy and collect at the same time? "

and text back with an email addy promising more pix, details etc. ..... m.lucas152@appdels.com

email sent ;)

" Hi
please let me have whatever additional pix you have, an address and postcode at which I can inspect the machine and collect it from?
I have a mate in the Saltash area who can be with you at 08.00 in the morning and with his say so I can be with you by 14.00 with a truck and cash to purchase it.
been looking for a decent one of these for a looong time.
regards

G "

didn't take long to get a reply .... looked familiar :rolleyes::rolleyes:

"Thank you for your interest in my digger. Visually and technically in a super condition. I am very busy in my job, I work on a BP fleet and reside on the Isle of Man. Ownership documentation available. No faults at all. It just has to go due to lack of use. There are no hidden issues. No VAT to be added. Actual asking price is £4,400. Reduced for quick sale. Regards, Michale Lucas"​
sod all else so he got this .... and will report the ad in a minute :(

" so .... if it's been used on a self build in Saltash, how did you manage that from the IOM with no time????
where are the promised extra pictures?
I need an address and postcode for inspection and collection please?
otherwise I'll assume you are yet another scamming scumbag and your listing will be history by later tonight

G "

will be well surprised if I get a response :LOL:
Pity .. looked well tidy tool ..... wonder what the original listing sold for ? gone back 3 months and now't shows up