Lancs Lad
Well-known member
Yup....Few fastracs in this area isn't there!Motorway going ones too.
![]()
Yup....Few fastracs in this area isn't there!Motorway going ones too.
![]()
To be fair there don't seem to be, not as many as around Broughton, even had tractors and dump trailers carting away from site near main motorway roundabout. Claas and John Deere's mainlyYup....Many on the windy harbour job?
Ha youve seen it as well then...To be fair there don't seem to be, not as many as around Broughton, even had tractors and dump trailers carting away from site near main motorway roundabout. Claas and John Deere's mainly![]()
Yeah, I was on my way to complete driver cpc theory in Preston and went via Broughton. It’s people like them who draw all the attention on tractors being on the roads illegally. An easy stop if you ask me but nobody seems bothered.Ha youve seen it as well then...
to enter/use a motorway any vehicle must be capable of achieving and sustaining 50mphFew fastracs in this area isn't there!Motorway going ones too.
![]()
to enter/use a motorway any vehicle must be capable of achieving and sustaining 50mph
Surely some of these tractor guys must be doing it properly along the way?? Can’t all just be chancing it!
Surely some of these tractor guys must be doing it properly along the way?? Can’t all just be chancing it!
Genuinely may as well worn mine, hasn’t even seen the open road in over 4 months!There is this one legitimate bloke with a rather nice condition John Deere front weight I've heard about![]()
why SORN it .... no tax to pay anyway surely, if ag.Genuinely may as well worn mine, hasn’t even seen the open road in over 4 months!
really?????Surely some of these tractor guys must be doing it properly along the way?? Can’t all just be chancing it!
why SORN it .... no tax to pay anyway surely, if ag.![]()
really?????![]()
Cough Cheshire demolition coughDaft comment I know, but a lot of tipper companies run them along side the wagons, don’t know why you’d risk your whole operation just to make afew extra ££ when there is plenty in the job anyway!! If I was bulk earthwork moving no way does a tractor/trailer make any kind of sense! They are awkward things at the best of times!
I just book 8w for muck shifts offsite and be done with it!
I often wonder why you would bulk muck shift with a tractor and trailer, but I guess easier to get cheap drivers. Which can be a big saving and I guess if you say it is agri work, run on red with no tacho so can do long days there must be money to be made especially as it would appear the chances of getting prosecuted a very slim. I have never heard of a prosecution round my way.Daft comment I know, but a lot of tipper companies run them along side the wagons, don’t know why you’d risk your whole operation just to make afew extra ££ when there is plenty in the job anyway!! If I was bulk earthwork moving no way does a tractor/trailer make any kind of sense! They are awkward things at the best of times!
I just book 8w for muck shifts offsite and be done with it!
One topic that's not been mentioned...I often wonder why you would bulk muck shift with a tractor and trailer, but I guess easier to get cheap drivers. Which can be a big saving and I guess if you say it is agri work, run on red with no tacho so can do long days there must be money to be made especially as it would appear the chances of getting prosecuted a very slim. I have never heard of a prosecution round my way.