Shovelhands
Well-known member
I think one is enough…..Could of got a micro on the back of that if he was bothered to try abit![]()
I think one is enough…..Could of got a micro on the back of that if he was bothered to try abit![]()
Somewhere around 45t before you add a very optimistic 15t of wagon and trailer.What weight are we putting on that lot? 50T?
Euros loading bay?![]()
It looks like the parking area at the front of eurosWhat weight are we putting on that lot? 50T?
Euros loading bay?![]()
Basically saving 3x the boat fare.I mean, everyone has run a bit heavy at some point, but why would you knowingly run so far over![]()
Kinda funny till he has a blowout and dumps one of them onto a YarisBasically saving 3x the boat fare.
To be honest, the chances of it are that's slim it's unlikely.Kinda funny till he has a blowout and dumps one of them onto a Yaris![]()
Yes but you get my gist.To be honest, the chances of it are that's slim it's unlikely.
The bigger issue and argument is the fact that theoretically that should be two loads (potentially 3 loads), the financial savings are large enough to warrant doing this and the reality is it's normally a haulier from outside the UK costing the UK haulage industry alot of work.
I think it's embarrassing that the DVSA can waste time pulling lorries on legal technicalities for movement order paperwork and perhaps a scrubbed tyre on a lowloader trailer with 20 good tyres and yet they are incapable of organising a check coming out of a event with organised dates where you know multiple foreign lorries will be running equipment out bent......
Stop them..... Make them miss the boat, make them foot the bill for a mobile crane to unload the trailer they have incorrectly loaded and impound the entire lorry and load until the fees are paid.
I'm all one for working at the limits of legal....but I know very few people that condone that sort of behaviour.....
I say @JD450A for head honcho at VOSA to sort this enforcement out. Then put him in charge of simplifying the rules so they make sense!!To be honest, the chances of it are that's slim it's unlikely.
The bigger issue and argument is the fact that theoretically that should be two loads (potentially 3 loads), the financial savings are large enough to warrant doing this and the reality is it's normally a haulier from outside the UK costing the UK haulage industry alot of work.
I think it's embarrassing that the DVSA can waste time pulling lorries on legal technicalities for movement order paperwork and perhaps a scrubbed tyre on a lowloader trailer with 20 good tyres and yet they are incapable of organising a check coming out of a event with organised dates where you know multiple foreign lorries will be running equipment out bent......
Stop them..... Make them miss the boat, make them foot the bill for a mobile crane to unload the trailer they have incorrectly loaded and impound the entire lorry and load until the fees are paid.
I'm all one for working at the limits of legal....but I know very few people that condone that sort of behaviour.....
Tbh a team of ten suitable people with vans, sense and court dates would pretty much end this nonsense provided laws where reformed properly and fairly to remove any greyness.I say @JD450A for head honcho at VOSA to sort this enforcement out. Then put him in charge of simplifying the rules so they make sense!!
the only way to stop it happening is as you say .. hit them in the pocket ... very hard and keep everything until all penalties/fines/costs have been paid in full and sufficient transport has turned up for legal travelTo be honest, the chances of it are that's slim it's unlikely.
The bigger issue and argument is the fact that theoretically that should be two loads (potentially 3 loads), the financial savings are large enough to warrant doing this and the reality is it's normally a haulier from outside the UK costing the UK haulage industry alot of work.
I think it's embarrassing that the DVSA can waste time pulling lorries on legal technicalities for movement order paperwork and perhaps a scrubbed tyre on a lowloader trailer with 20 good tyres and yet they are incapable of organising a check coming out of a event with organised dates where you know multiple foreign lorries will be running equipment out bent......
Stop them..... Make them miss the boat, make them foot the bill for a mobile crane to unload the trailer they have incorrectly loaded and impound the entire lorry and load until the fees are paid.
I'm all one for working at the limits of legal....but I know very few people that condone that sort of behaviour.....
the only way to stop it happening is as you say .. hit them in the pocket ... very hard and keep everything until all penalties/fines/costs have been paid in full and sufficient transport has turned up for legal travel
Tbh a team of ten suitable people with vans, sense and court dates would pretty much end this nonsense provided laws where reformed properly and fairly to remove any greyness.
5t digger in Plymouth Friday with 8x 5t straps..... Not good enough got to be chains supposedly.
5t digger in Plymouth Friday with 8x 5t straps..... Not good enough got to be chains supposedly.
I have zero experience moving anything over 3t, but surely if the straps/chains are rated for the load they’re restraining how can they tell you otherwise![]()
That's how they learn there trade before there deliveryYes literally every single tractor I see on a low loader just has 1 over the front tyres & 1 over the rear tyres and Zero chocks! Yet they all do it like that?!