T Whiting Excavations

T whiting

T whiting

Well-known member
Looks a good multi purpose tool👍 What you need now is a s**t load of attachments 🤣🤣

Don't encourage me any more I've already knocked up a grading beam and my current customer has pallet forks that'll fit it on site 😲
 
T whiting

T whiting

Well-known member
No site work this week with the carronavirus so down to the yard for some tinkering and maintainance.

I've welded up most of the grading beam I just need to get a piece of plate for the back IMG_20200331_142558_2.jpg

Then I knocked the blade off it put up a bit more of a fight than I hoped but a few good swings with the sledge and it came off

IMG_20200331_130659_4.jpgIMG_20200331_130727_6.jpg

Then I welded a couple of tabs made from half a rsj offcut to the top of the blade so the grading beam will hang on the blade

IMG_20200331_132345_3.jpg
IMG_20200331_133638_6.jpg
IMG_20200331_141743_3.jpg
IMG_20200331_141736_9.jpg

Looks like it works quite well I just need to shorten the back of the beam to give it a bit more ground clearance
 
Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
Why did you remove the blade?🤔
looking good but if I can be so bold I would of welded a few triangles under the grading beam hangers👍
 
Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
As you have the blade off you could really go to town and fit a quick hitch from a telehandler so you can pick up forks or a bucket as well as the blade.
 
T whiting

T whiting

Well-known member
Why did you remove the blade?🤔
looking good but if I can be so bold I would of welded a few triangles under the grading beam hangers👍

I didn't want to fry any of the electrics 😲. I did debate adding a gusset underneath but there a good 6mm thick and only hang over a inch they eyeballed as ok and didn't deflect when I put the beam on

As you have the blade off you could really go to town and fit a quick hitch from a telehandler so you can pick up forks or a bucket as well as the blade.

Oh don't tempt me the long term plan is to pick up a 3 point linkage to go on the other end for all those sorts of things I'm going to have a rummage and see how much of the equipment for fitting legs is there but not used
 
Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
Oh don't tempt me the long term plan is to pick up a 3 point linkage to go on the other end for all those sorts of things I'm going to have a rummage and see how much of the equipment for fitting legs is there but not used
Just helping you while away your shutdown time. Wouldn't want you to get bored!
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
I didn't want to fry any of the electrics 😲. I did debate adding a gusset underneath but there a good 6mm thick and only hang over a inch they eyeballed as ok and didn't deflect when I put the beam on



Oh don't tempt me the long term plan is to pick up a 3 point linkage to go on the other end for all those sorts of things I'm going to have a rummage and see how much of the equipment for fitting legs is there but not used
you're hoping .... that'll be a big fat zero, unless they were on there originally and been removed
 
doobin

doobin

Well-known member
I didn't want to fry any of the electrics 😲. I did debate adding a gusset underneath but there a good 6mm thick and only hang over a inch they eyeballed as ok and didn't deflect when I put the beam on

All you have to do is remove the earth from the battery ;)
 
T whiting

T whiting

Well-known member
you're hoping .... that'll be a big fat zero, unless they were on there originally and been removed
I dunno there's definitely the wiring through the slew ring which is the hard part I'm intending on having the covers off the valves on the bottom half and seeing what's there
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
All you have to do is remove the earth from the battery ;)
in theory .... some computer boards also have their own back up/life support batteries built in ... things have moved on a bit on the welding vehicles front
 
T whiting

T whiting

Well-known member
Ive welded on them with just one of those boxes that go across the battery before but i don't have one at dads so I thought sledging it off was safest and should've been easy if one pin wasn't rusted solid then I ballooned it getting it loose
 
L

Lynchy

Well-known member
in theory .... some computer boards also have their own back up/life support batteries built in ... things have moved on a bit on the welding vehicles front
This all day every day lol,putting adaptor on piling rig foot to stop it slipping off top of H beams....900 blows each,easier to strip the foot out than risk all the electro's in machine n attachment
36434349_10213778133062381_4523931354009698304_o.jpg
 
T whiting

T whiting

Well-known member
Today's mission I've got a drip of oil coming from the rotary coupler so time to have it out while we're on with some downtime
IMG_20200404_084751_5.jpg

I took the toolbox off 4 bolts and it's made access a hell of a lot easier
IMG_20200404_085343_1.jpg

The offending article

IMG_20200404_121703_0.jpg

And into the van and off to the hydraulic shop for a reseal when I got there you could see the bottom o ring hanging out
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
very brave move in the current situation
 
T whiting

T whiting

Well-known member
The job would have to go seriously tits up for me to sell it and I might as well get it done while the government is paying for the downtime which is giving me the time to strip it out and put it back in keeping the costs down. 👍

Hopefully there's a few days work coming up at the end of next week about 100m of liniar soakaway 😲😲 I just need to get her back together
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
The job would have to go seriously tits up for me to sell it and I might as well get it done while the government is paying for the downtime which is giving me the time to strip it out and put it back in keeping the costs down. 👍

Hopefully there's a few days work coming up at the end of next week about 100m of liniar soakaway 😲😲 I just need to get her back together
you mean you need the bits to get that back together first ... then re-install it
 
Top