T Whiting Excavations

T whiting

T whiting

Yes, it's gone to the local hydraulic shop for a strip and a rebuild he reckons there's been no interuption to his parts supply so 🤞🤞

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
The job would have to go seriously tits up for me to sell it and I might as well get it done while the government is paying for the downtime which is giving me the time to strip it out and put it back in keeping the costs down. 👍

Hopefully there's a few days work coming up at the end of next week about 100m of liniar soakaway 😲😲 I just need to get her back together
I meant it was a brave move pulling the rotary .... spares might prove to be ' difficult '

T whiting

T whiting

I got the rotary joint back in today just a bit of fiddling with getting the hose's back in the right place I should've done a better job of marking the hose's on top when I took them off 🤦‍♂️

Attachments

• IMG_20200417_140848_5.jpg
    IMG_20200417_140848_5.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 151
V8Druid

V8Druid

I got the rotary joint back in today just a bit of fiddling with getting the hose's back in the right place I should've done a better job of marking the hose's on top when I took them off 🤦‍♂️
job an' a half that Tom :oops:

T whiting

T whiting

Yea 11 services going from top to bottom 😲😲. Luckily it wasn't to bad to get to with a toolbox taken off it would've been a killer job with it still on

And they were only nylon seals inside it not the diamond encrusted platinum that the stealer quoted me for

V8Druid

V8Druid

good to see Boyo (y):cool:....... but one word ...... JOGGERS :p:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: ... where's me tin hat ;)

"One volunteer ......... etc. " :cool: .... bet there'll be a few kids about the country discovering the joys of 'doing something' these last few weeks :rolleyes:

V8Druid

V8Druid

Not my choice but mum wouldn't let him wear good trousers 🙄🙄
LOL ... looks like you had better, warmer weather than we had here today :( ..... very similar tower to my ali one .. nice stable platforms to work off (y)

T whiting

T whiting

Yes quite a nice tower it has handrail frames that make it rock solid and less complicated to build. We've had lovely weather here bright but not warm

V8Druid

V8Druid

Yes quite a nice tower it has handrail frames that make it rock solid and less complicated to build. We've had lovely weather here bright but not warm
yeh see those .... I don't have any like that :(

Furniss

Furniss

I have what looks like exactly the same tower and a fair bit of it but only one set of those clip on boards and could do with another two if anyone knows where to get them ??

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

good to see Boyo (y):cool:....... but one word ...... JOGGERS :p:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: ... where's me tin hat ;)

"One volunteer ......... etc. " :cool: .... bet there'll be a few kids about the country discovering the joys of 'doing something' these last few weeks :rolleyes:
Definitely...our 7 year old is picking up MIG welding nicely. 🙄😉

F

fred

So far our daughter has had a morning on a mini digger - a driving lesson on the dumper - learnt to use a strimmer and the ride on mower and a ride on the trials bike :)

more of this, anything to get the kids off the phones. My youngest loves site work, happy on the dumper but needs a bit of confidence on the telehandler. The value of a wage (tenner a day at 15) soon hits home, he has 160 quid in the pot now and gets to spend his own money. I did explain he was on more than treble the oney I got when I stared work on the YTS at 78p and hour £27.50 a week and still had to give the old dear a tenner board!

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Had to nick the cordless chainsaw off him tho...theres a limit.🤦 But yes my kids would make hse types run a mile!🖕🖕 Built a zip wire and they spend their life in trees. Worst bit is keeping track of my climbing kit. But yes anything but Ruddy screens..👍👍

Routy56

Routy56

Ryan our 16 yr old grandson has been living with us since the lockdown started UFN. He loves my boys toys and helps do something every day 😃
8F71028D-953A-4D5D-82A4-9E695CCF5732.jpeg
He’s a very handy dumper operator and can get by on the mini.
He starts 6th Form in September then will be going to University 🤓
Today over lunch, he asked me if he can work with me when on holidays etc 🤔
Got me thinking, I often need a Groundworker/banksman/dumper driver. All my work is small sole operator jobs 😉
So what do you guys think, should I use him on a casual labour basis? 🤔

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
Absolutely 👍 work of any kind will help develop the young workforce.