Sub 3t tiltys

Furniss

Furniss

I really like the no ram concept -can direct mount - nothing to break, Im in the sticks in rural France and fix everything myself so simple is good.
Interested to hear your thoughts on them Robert 🤔

F

fred

may be a viable on a mini no rams as not as much grunt is needed ?

Furniss

Furniss

Kinshofer seem to manage with no rams on all sizes of machine

Randla

Randla

Interloper
I really like the no ram concept -can direct mount - nothing to break, Im in the sticks in rural France and fix everything myself so simple is good.
Interested to hear your thoughts on them Robert 🤔
The helac tilt function has one major thing going for it and that's the lack of hoses. For those that haven't seen the latest edition of Earthmovers, there's a piece on Ed Butler's Kinshofer setup and he makes the perfectly reasonable point that if you are mucking around in vegetation it's a major advantage. Against this you have roughly half the tilt force, which in offset digging means half the breakout force.

I know there are guys on here with Kinshofer units and I'll leave them to sing their praises, but I wouldn't touch that Danish beast if it was gift wrapped.

On edit: They're also narrower which is really helpful in deep trenching. With a conventional tilty you have to go twin hitch

Last edited:
Furniss

Furniss

The helac tilt function has one major thing going for it and that's the lack of hoses. For those that haven't seen the latest edition of Earthmovers, there's a piece on Ed Butler's Kinshofer setup and he makes the perfectly reasonable point that if you are mucking around in vegetation it's a major advantage. Against this you have roughly half the tilt force, which in offset digging means half the breakout force.

I know there are guys on here with Kinshofer units and I'll leave them to sing their praises, but I wouldn't touch that Danish beast if it was gift wrapped.

On edit: They're also narrower which is really helpful in deep trenching. With a conventional tilty you have to go twin hitch
So danish model aside they have their place in 👍

Randla

Randla

Interloper
So danish model aside they have their place in 👍
Yes (y)
My concern with the one you pointed out is not so much the fact that it uses a helac tilting mechanism - each to his own - but some of the design elements worry me and, as with all hydraulic attachments, selling them is all about service. I doubt they'll have anything outside of Denmark

Robert