Scandinavian Style Grading Bucket

doobin

doobin

Mine actually has the radiused corners. And I still never use it.

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
Actually there are times when a simple tilting bucket would benefit from the Scandinavian style back to it, I can think of a few instances where the corner of the bucket would get in the way. But it’s no big deal really. Really depends what your doing with it I suppose.

One of the reasons I've gone for a proper bucket rather than modifying a grader to S45.... Also future proofing

Exmayor

Exmayor

Talking of Ditching/Grading buckets, Whoever's make this is, its like having a 1 ton weight on the end of the dipper plus the weight of a steelwrist cant knock the build quality but very thick plate, wrong profile and geometry, It was altered while up on the M1 at Rotherham/Sheffield a couple of years ago

Attachments

• IMG_4007.JPG
    IMG_4007.JPG
    250.8 KB · Views: 384
Furniss

Furniss

Would be interested in having an hour in a fully rototilted up 8T, on our 8t there is miller hyd hitch (95kg) and I often use a Geith single ram tilt bucket that is (approx 390KG) and together they feel like a fair lump on the end.
A top hitch - EC209 - ecoil - grab - engcon grader at a rough reckon up comes to 720KG ( could be wrong ?)
you dont often hear people moaning about the weight so they must be some tool to warrant swinging all that around day after day.

Hydremaduck

Hydremaduck

...........you dont often hear people moaning about the weight so they must be some tool to warrant swinging all that around day after day.

And there I believe we have crossed the line and are heading downhill for another conversion ;) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

K

Komatsu

Talking of Ditching/Grading buckets, Whoever's make this is, its like having a 1 ton weight on the end of the dipper plus the weight of a steelwrist cant knock the build quality but very thick plate, wrong profile and geometry, It was altered while up on the M1 at Rotherham/Sheffield a couple of years ago
No one makes this, this was done by a lad up there who’s main work is refurbishing attachments for the demo industry, (when I first went to meet him, he was line-boring out a concrete muncher for I think a 50/60 machine!!),if I remember it was a good ditching bucket that the driver at the time wanted altering to that style and Robert (the welder) was just working to what said driver wanted, with no drawings or anything.
On a side note, he’s one of the old school type gentlemen, and helped me and another owner driver out a number of times during that contract. The first job he did for me was replacing the cutting on my engcon bucket. He understood that we were working 7 days a week and was more than happy for me to drop it of at 8 in the evening and pick it up, all done and dusted at 6 the following morning.

S

Smiffy

Would be interested in having an hour in a fully rototilted up 8T, on our 8t there is miller hyd hitch (95kg) and I often use a Geith single ram tilt bucket that is (approx 390KG) and together they feel like a fair lump on the end.
A top hitch - EC209 - ecoil - grab - engcon grader at a rough reckon up comes to 720KG ( could be wrong ?)
you dont often hear people moaning about the weight so they must be some tool to warrant swinging all that around day after day.

I thought that is why the likes of eddie have such short dippers on there machines ?? And even extra counterweights on the really large machines

Hydremaduck

Hydremaduck

I thought that is why the likes of eddie have such short dippers on there machines ?..........

Its one of the advantages if spec'ing a machine from new. Go for a shorter dipper then the added reach of the tiltrotator takes you back to around the reach of the next size dipper which keeps things a bit more balanced.
Personally I feel there is too much emphasis shouted about "it being unstable cross carriage with a bucket full at full reach" Bottom line is many machines if fitted with a big bucket filled with muck in that scenario will lift a track. Put less in the bucket ffs or get a bigger machine :confused:

K

Komatsu

Personally I feel there is too much emphasis shouted about "it being unstable cross carriage with a bucket full at full reach" Bottom line is many machines if fitted with a big bucket filled with muck in that scenario will lift a track. Put less in the bucket ffs or get a bigger machine :confused:
This is true, however, when you come to sell, you might be ok passing it off in the UK, but you’d do very well do selling it abroad, and with the possibility of getting 20% more for a machine tilted up,than you would over here, it’s something to think about.

Last edited:
Exmayor

Exmayor

No one makes this, this was done by a lad up there who’s main work is refurbishing attachments for the demo industry, (when I first went to meet him, he was line-boring out a concrete muncher for I think a 50/60 machine!!),if I remember it was a good ditching bucket that the driver at the time wanted altering to that style and Robert (the welder) was just working to what said driver wanted, with no drawings or anything.
On a side note, he’s one of the old school type gentlemen, and helped me and another owner driver out a number of times during that contract. The first job he did for me was replacing the cutting on my engcon bucket. He understood that we were working 7 days a week and was more than happy for me to drop it of at 8 in the evening and pick it up, all done and dusted at 6 the following morning.

As I said Ollie the build quality is great but it sure is a heavy bucket, quite why Phil would want to transform a good bucket into that is only for Phil to know, I have also seen a guy advertising the very same converted bucket on the web I'm not saying it is Robert as it was a bucket company but I cant remember the name.

Your right Old school can be a godsend at times

K

Komatsu

As I said Ollie the build quality is great but it sure is a heavy bucket, quite why Phil would want to transform a good bucket into that is only for Phil to know, I have also seen a guy advertising the very same converted bucket on the web I'm not saying it is Robert as it was a bucket company but I cant remember the name.

Your right Old school can be a godsend at times
Pretty sure it wouldn’t be him, like I said, his main line of work was with the demo boys and was flat out with them.....as for someone advertising converted buckets, there seems to be plenty who have jumped on the band waggon who are knocking up buckets and passing them off as tiltrotor buckets, only for the end user to have to pick up the pieces of something that is, wrong weight, wrong size, wrong geometry, and that makes a big difference to the performance of the tilty.

Bucket on wheels

Bucket on wheels

No problem,

Can I get an address to get it delivered to, and il see what it's costing
Will also appreciate what you have of information about the Bucket

The address is
3719 Skien Norway

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Will also appreciate what you have of information about the Bucket

The address is
3719 Skien Norway
apart from The North (or South) Pole, that must be one of the shortest addresses on the planet Frank :LOL: